PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

jboulet4648
13-08-06, 05:08
OKay I am eating my words....Canada handed it to the Eagles...

Simon Griffiths
13-08-06, 16:08
Well, what did you really expect... :D

56-7, it was close too... :)

Bryan
14-08-06, 02:08
It's 8:45 pm here and I just got up 2 hours ago (St. John's was rockin pretty hard last night). It was an awesome match. I never realised how hostile the crowd here can be. Hercus had a shot at goal in the first 5 minutes and he was heckled and yelled at, missing the kick. The Canadians then came back within the next 5 minutes and scored the first try (of many). Rod Snow's try had the crowd erupting (he's a local boy).

I'm pretty sure there was a 25 minute period in the 1st half when the Eagles never touched the ball (apart from to kickoff). The Eagles, when they got the ball, made things complicated and looked amateur in their handling skills. They lost 2 scrums against the head, and their lineout co-ordination was shoddy at best.

Judah, you'd better learn where Uruguay is, or how to pronounce Repechage.

ex-lucy
14-08-06, 13:08
38-20 in my paper!!

Chris Picard
14-08-06, 16:08
Not a good outcome.

Fabio
14-08-06, 19:08
Any of you guys coming to the match between Uruguay and US, September 30th? I'll certainly try to be there!! I went to Montevideo to watch Uruguay 43 vs Chile 15.

If any of you come, I'm sure you'll have a nice time. The Uruguayan refs are very nice people. When I went there to see the match, they organised a dinner the night before. I was obviously there and they also invited South-African ref of the day Craig Joubert. He is a nice young fellow, nice conversation.

Well, if you want to come, just let me know and I can tell my Uruguayan friends they'll have more visitors then expected. :)

Simon Griffiths
14-08-06, 21:08
you'd better learn where Uruguay is
It's not American to know where other countries are... (http://www.satirewire.com/news/jan02/geography.shtml) ;)

pending
15-08-06, 00:08
It's not American to know where other countries are... (http://www.satirewire.com/news/jan02/geography.shtml) ;)

And who said that the US government wastes time.... I'm sure that it was time well spent entertaining the opinions of a bunch of High School students (who probably wouldn't be as damn stupid as they are if they spent half as much time on their studies as they did wasting their time here)....

Although I do think it would be funny to see Picard and Fami's response to the US declaring war on Hartford....

jboulet4648
15-08-06, 01:08

NOT FUNNY.....EVERY AMERICAN KNOWS URAGUAY IS IN AFRICA!!!!!:D

jboulet4648
15-08-06, 01:08
I am anxious to know where the US will be playing Uruguay! I hope it is local enough so that I can see the match live! God knows it will not get any tele coverage!

Bryan
15-08-06, 02:08
I am anxious to know where the US will be playing Uruguay! I hope it is local enough so that I can see the match live! God knows it will not get any tele coverage!

San Francisco. Which is further from Boston than St. John's. Good luck with that.

-Bryan

jboulet4648
15-08-06, 05:08
but a cheaper flight and not in freakin canada....the 51st state....whenever we decide we want it.

SimonSmith
15-08-06, 14:08
NOT FUNNY.....EVERY AMERICAN KNOWS URAGUAY IS IN AFRICA!!!!!:D

Am I alone in seeing the irony here?

UrAguay may well be in Africa, but UrUguay is in South America last time I checked.......;)