PDA

View Full Version : FIXED:Question ref 13

GeorgeR
27-09-10, 08:09
Question 3 - Type: Law Question
Question Reference Number: 13
According to the plan, there should be [BLANK] dash lines on the field of play.
Incorrect - You answered A.
The correct answer is: D.
1.3c : Six dash lines are 5 metres from and parallel to each goal-line, 5 dash lines are 15 metres from and parallel to each touch-line, two dash lines connect the 5-metre dash lines to each goal-line, and one dash line intersects the center of the half-way line (6+6+5+5+2+2+1=27).

Acc to LOTG 2010 Law 1.3c there are:

(c) Dash Lines
(i) Six dash lines, each being l metre long, 5 metres from and parallel to each goal line positioned 5 metres and 15 metres from each touchline and in front of each goal post.
(ii) Two dash lines, 5 metres long, 15 metres from each of the touchlines, which start at the goal line and end at the 5-metre dash line.
(iii) One dash line of 0.5 metre long intersects the centre of the half way line.
All the lines must be suitably marked out according to the Plan

I make this 6+6+2+2+1=17

Dixie
27-09-10, 09:09
(ii) Two dash lines, 5 metres long, 15 metres from each of the touchlines, which start at the goal line and end at the 5-metre dash line....

I make this 6+6+2+2+1=17Well spotted - but if accurately reported, clearly inconsistent with the use of the term "dash line" in the context of the 5m touchline dashes.

GeorgeR
27-09-10, 10:09
I did a copy and paste from the IRB Laws site - please reference the inconsistency to them (If I get your meaning right)

OB..
27-09-10, 11:09
How many of you actually check the pitch markings before a game and comment on any errors? I frequently find that the 5m broken line (ie the one parallel to the touch line) is continued to the goal line, often instead of the 15m dash line. Also the 5m dash line often has more than 6 dashes.

At my usual level, I am more than happy if I actually get a decently marked pitch with visible lines, so I don't bother. I have never seen it cause a problem.

PaulDG
27-09-10, 12:09
At my usual level, I am more than happy if I actually get a decently marked pitch with visible lines, so I don't bother. I have never seen it cause a problem.

Too right.

Come January, it's a treat to be able to see any lines!

GeorgeR
At the moment I'm finding the grass has been left long and the lines are in some places very hard to see. I did a game the other weekend that had cut short the lines routes and then painted the lines on the much shorter grass - made it much easier.

Dixie
How many of you actually check the pitch markings before a game and comment on any errors? I frequently find that the 5m broken line (ie the one parallel to the touch line) is continued to the goal line, often instead of the 15m dash line. Also the 5m dash line often has more than 6 dashes. Pitch marking is one of the factors on the Gwyn Francis Trophy awarded to the most ref-friendly Berkshire club. I have never yet been served up with a centre mark, which takes a 5 down to a 4; I often find that the 5m markings from the goal-lines are pretty much a continuous dotted line across the field. I sometimes find 5m lines tail off to 4m lines at one end. This weekend, for a L.7/8 game, the 5m line had been forgotten in one side of one 22.

More commonly, I often have to take flags out of the intersections of the touchline and 22's, halfways lines and (on occasion) 10m lines, repositioning them 1m back (except those at the 10m lines, which I leave on the ground a safe distance from the line).