PDA

View Full Version : FIXED:q 294

GeorgeR
27-09-10, 09:09
I believe I answered correct in answer A. Award a line-out to Gold opposite the place where Blue kicked the ball...

Question Reference Number: 294
Blue #12 is just outside of their 22 and passes across the 22-metre line to Blue #14. Blue #14 kicks directly into touch at Gold's 10-metre line. What do you do?
Incorrect - You answered A.
The correct answer is: B.
19.1b : When a defending player plays the ball from outside the 22 and it goes into that player’s 22 or in-goal area without touching an opposition player and then that player or another player from that team kicks the ball directly into touch before it touches an opposition player, or a tackle takes place or a ruck or maul is formed, there is no gain in ground. This applies when a defending player moves back behind the 22 metre line to take a quick throw-in and then the ball is kicked directly into touch.

A. Award a line-out to Gold opposite the place where Blue kicked the ball.
B. Award a line-out to Gold where the ball went into touch.
C. Award a line-out to Blue opposite the place where Blue #14 kicked the ball.
D. Award a line-out to Blue where the ball went into touch.

OB..
27-09-10, 11:09
Agreed.

Probably an example of how old the original quiz is.

Robert Burns
27-09-10, 14:09
Agree too, will update that one when I get my computer back from removalists. On BB at the month.

Enrique
27-09-10, 17:09
Question 6 - Type: Scenario Question
Question Reference Number: 299
Blue #14 is just outside of their 22 and kicks. Gold #7 touches the ball and it deflects slightly behind Gold #7 and directly into touch at Gold's 10-metre line. What do you do?
Incorrect - You answered D.
The correct answer is: C.
19.1h : When a player anywhere in the playing area kicks the ball so that it touches or is touched by an opposition player and goes directly into touch, the throw-in is taken in-line with where the opposition player touched the ball or where the ball crossed the touch-line, if that is nearer the opposition player's goal-line.

If "behind" in this case means "between Gold player's position and Gold's goal line", then the right answer is D:Award a line-out to Blue where the ball went into touch. (Law 19.1(h), third paragraph.)

GeorgeR
27-09-10, 18:09
If "behind" in this case means "between Gold player's position and Gold's goal line", then the right answer is D:Award a line-out to Blue where the ball went into touch. (Law 19.1(h), third paragraph.)

That is a different question to the one I pointed out...

Enrique
27-09-10, 18:09
That is a different question to the one I pointed out...

Yep. It's Q299. I just inserted it here to avoid opening another short thread.