PDA

View Full Version : Leeds v Sale

chopper15
24-10-10, 22:10
Did anyone see the last LO.

Sale had the throw. Not straight over their line. Leeds didn't contest. Ref. gave scrum to Leeds.

A play-on situation? Materiality?

Jacko
24-10-10, 22:10
I was there. Sadly I was too busy moaning about the preceeding 79 minutes to notice!

chopper15
24-10-10, 23:10
I was there. Sadly I was too busy moaning about the preceeding 79 minutes to notice!

Wasn't a pretty sight was it? But it did happen as I described, even the commentators remarked that Leeds didn't respond by attempting to play the ball.

I only ask 'cause OB mentioned it a few days ago as an eg of 'materiality' and I found it bizarre that any ref would ever consider it as such.

SimonSmith
25-10-10, 00:10
I don't personally hold much sympathy with the "they didn't put anyone up so it doesn't matter" argument.

Hooker didn't know that when he threw the ball.
Hooker therefore threw it not straight.
It's his fault.
Option.

It's a little like asking the s/h putting it in straight at the unopposed scrum.

OB..
25-10-10, 00:10
I only ask 'cause OB mentioned it a few days ago as an eg of 'materiality' and I found it bizarre that any ref would ever consider it as such.

Where? That is not my view.

Chunky Charvis
25-10-10, 01:10
I don't personally hold much sympathy with the "they didn't put anyone up so it doesn't matter" argument.

Hooker didn't know that when he threw the ball.
Hooker therefore threw it not straight.
It's his fault.
Option.

It's a little like asking the s/h putting it in straight at the unopposed scrum.

Fair point Simon