PDA

View Full Version : Oh Good Grief! Curse you, Red Baron

Dixie
09-11-10, 09:11
Did a L.8 game the other day in which I was surprised to see the attacking Red team at a lineout field both a receiver and a player opposite the "shadow hooker" at a shortened lineout. Told the shadow shadow hooker that he had to retire 10m; he said this was part of their set moves at a short lineout. I told him it was not in accordance with the LoTG, and got one of those looks. Nevertheless, he duly retired, and the ball was thrown in.

Whilst it was in the air, the rearmost lineout player dropped out of the line about 5m, the ball was taken off the top, and the receiver passed to the ex-last man. Awarded a FK for leaving the lineout before it has ended. The skipper, at the next breakdown, queried the problem and on receiving an explanation, pointed out that it was a set play. He got the same patient response as the shadow shadow hooker!

The coach (the red baron) has a lot to answer for!

Jenko
09-11-10, 12:11
His players must really appreciate all the hard work they put in to perfecting that move! Time well spent! :D

Simon Thomas
09-11-10, 12:11
I suggest we rename Dixie, Snoopy !

Dixie
09-11-10, 13:11
I suggest we rename Dixie, Snoopy !

Point taken. I was bored with being Kajagoogoo anyway. Robbie's Celine Dion prank seems a long, long time ago.

Taff
09-11-10, 13:11
... The coach (the red baron) has a lot to answer for!Common sense would suggest that before you spend hours of time and loads of effort on a new "move" you'd check it out with a tame ref? Well I know that's what I would do. :chin:

Phil E
09-11-10, 19:11
I had a similar thing happen at a school game.

Explained to the team what they had done wrong (as you did).

Response from team................"thanks a f'kin lot Sir" (aimed at teacher, not me). :biggrin: