PDA

View Full Version : LRUL is now on Facebook!

Robert Burns
19-07-11, 18:07
You can now access your favourite fully functioning laws resource from Facebook.

Just visit http://apps.facebook.com/learnrugbyunionlaws/

Enjoy!

chopper15
19-07-11, 20:07
. . . . so what's it to be, Robert?

'BETTER OFFICIALS', 'BETTER KNOWLEDGE' OR 'COMMITMENT TO A BETTER GAME'.

. . . . and is your iPad charged up yet, please?

Robert Burns
20-07-11, 01:07
Chopper.

The logo's are as they are, and please stop asking about my ipad in every post you make, if you look where your original post was, I have replied there.

chopper15
20-07-11, 12:07
Robert, when I went into this thread yesterday the logo read . . again . . 'BETTER KNOWLEDGE'. I just wondered if you had changed it again for the intro of this new facility. Sorry for the irritation on both matters.

Robert Burns
20-07-11, 12:07
The slogan for LRUL reads better knowledge, better game, because the knowledge of the laws isn't just for referees, it's for the benefit of all involved.

The slogan for RRF is better officials, better game as the site is predominantly for for referees, in order to try and help their development at grassroots levels.

I was referring the the ipad issue. The answer was that I have seen the error and hope it will be fixed soon.

chopper15
20-07-11, 14:07
The slogan for LRUL reads better knowledge, better game, because the knowledge of the laws isn't just for referees, it's for the benefit of all involved.

The slogan for RRF is better officials, better game as the site is predominantly for for referees, in order to try and help their development at grassroots levels.

I was referring the the ipad issue. The answer was that I have seen the error and hope it will be fixed soon.

With reference to the slogan 'BETTER KNOWLEDGE'. I was just pointing out that Knowledge is finite, can't be 'better'ed and 'more' probably would be better for the game.

Robert Burns
20-07-11, 15:07
Surely it can be better'd if the knowledge you had in the first place were flawed?

chopper15
20-07-11, 18:07
Surely it can be better'd if the knowledge you had in the first place were flawed?

NOUN: acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition: knowledge of many things.

. . . think so? (sympathetic smiling face thingy)

Robert Burns
21-07-11, 01:07
Ah, you are talking about a lot of knowledge, where I am looking to improve specific knowledge.

Example.

Most players and coaches believes that if a player dives on a ball in open play, they are entitled to be let back up. This is there knowledge.
By use of this site and LRUL they may actually discover that this is a load of tosh and that the opposing player may come in and pinch the ball from the player on the ground.

By discovering this pearl of wisdom they have improved their game, hence - better knowledge, better game.

dave_clark
21-07-11, 13:07
unless the referee penalises them for not letting the player up, which i did in my early days of reffing (and suspect many others did too).

Robert Burns
Yes, That doesn't help.

Robert Burns
Yes, That doesn't help.