PDA

View Full Version : Flags

Kubby
07-11-11, 16:11
Hi there. Might be a strange question, but if i provide touch judges with flags, do the flags have to be any specific format? Like do they have to plain colours, or can they be like the football ones with the diamonds or cheques on?

Thanks!!!

Phil E
Football ones are fine. Hanky on a stick is fine.

JJB usually sell some orange and yellow fluorescent ones for 7.99, which are ideal for giving to clubs to use.

I also have some expensive Premier League ones which I use for official AR's.

Simon Thomas
TJ flags come in many shapes, colours, materials and sizes - key thing is you see it when waved !

Some are custom made 'club' or Society flags with a logo and 'corporate' colours.

Others are made by keen Society members or even individual referees - some cloth, scissors and sewing machine, and broom handle cut to correct length.

Increasingly though the easiest option is a trip to JJB or similar shop, or go online to the Interweb thingy to buy some soccer lino flags. Lots of colours varieties here (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=linesman+flags&qpvt=linesman+flags&FORM=IGRE#x0y0)

A few Societies with generous sponsors (e.g. London) have had smart flags done in the past, and if you are a RFU Panel AR you get a heavy duty RFU logo'ed yellow flag set as part of the kit.

crossref
I have some yellow/orange linesman flags

I hate 'em !

but they do the job, and thankfully they are beginning to fade a little, adding credibility.

shopping link --

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=linesman+flags&hl=en&safe=active&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&ei=PAy4TsKHMI-0-QbpkpnoBw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=6&sqi=2&ved=0CGUQ_AUoBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=979f20ba52ddd4d7&biw=1108&bih=831&safe=on

Taff
There is no set format Kubby.

... JJB usually sell some orange and yellow fluorescent ones for 7.99, which are ideal for giving to clubs to use.These are good ones. For some reason I don't like the diamond style football ones, but the yellow and orange flouorescent ones with foam handles are very popular. When the flags fray, you can buy replacement flags (exc the poles) on e-Bay for a couple of quid.

I have some yellow/orange linesman flags ... I hate 'em! .. but they do the job, and thankfully they are beginning to fade a little, adding credibility.Ok they are a bit bright at first, but trust me when you're standing at the opposite side of the pitch in fading light and you can't make out the other TJ but want to mark out 10m from his line of touch, you really do appreciate them. :biggrin:

Kubby
Excellent!

Thanks!

Dickie E
07-11-11, 21:11
and if you are a RFU Panel AR you get a heavy duty RFU logo'ed yellow flag set as part of the kit.

If a community ref was able to get his hands on a set of these, would he be forbidden from using them because of the logo?

andyscott
07-11-11, 21:11
If a community ref was able to get his hands on a set of these, would he be forbidden from using them because of the logo?

Some blazer would have a chunter. But we are all RFU referees and all referee in RFU leagues ;) In England anyway.