PDA

View Full Version : Wales vs NZ Penalty Try

PaulDG
29-11-06, 21:11
I've obviously got PTs on the brain at the moment. Anyway.

The Wales / All Blacks game - a Penalty Try was awarded but the comentators talked over whatever the ref said when awarding it.

I've not seen a report of it elsewhere, so anyone know what it was for?

Deeps
29-11-06, 22:11
I think it was Martin Williams killing the ball. I agree with you, if the referee is speaking there should be a godlike reverence shown and silence from the pesky pundits with the mic until the great man has finished speaking. Eddie Butler and Brian Moore were doing it throughout the game - have they no respect?

Interesting seeing the backlash to so called biased BBC commentary in the press.

Account Deleted
30-11-06, 10:11
I felt a PT was a fair call. MW killed the ball (as would any forward) with a host of ABs lining up to score.
One poster on another site who felt it a little harsh replied to me that since the ABs looked like scoring every time they had the ball against Wales every penalty should have been a PT! Some validity in his argument.

stuart3826
18-12-06, 15:12
I think it was Martin Williams killing the ball. I agree with you, if the referee is speaking there should be a godlike reverence shown and silence from the pesky pundits with the mic until the great man has finished speaking. Eddie Butler and Brian Moore were doing it throughout the game - have they no respect?

Interesting seeing the backlash to so called biased BBC commentary in the press.

Brian Moore seems to have no respect for anyone! LOL