PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup 2015 Volunteering

Robert Burns
26-09-13, 15:09
Want to volunteer?

London Society has set up a Microsite: http://www.londonrugby.com/rwc15/index.html

venues are here: http://www.londonrugby.com/rwc15/venues.html

I believe our own B52 ref is doing the organising (as he is very good at!).

crossref
26-09-13, 16:09
LSRFUR RWC socials! they would be an obvious opportunity for any rugbyrefs.com refs to attend and meet.

Taff
Do you know if this is for the whole tournament or just for the English side of the Severn?

I intend volunteering, but realistically I can only help out with games in Wales.

irishref
sounds great. I wanted to get over for some games as a fan, anything organised (especially the socials) would be great!

dave_clark
yep, seems rude not to get involved with the socials!

crossref
Right. I have volunteered to ref one of the semi-finals.

Daftmedic
Cardiff as well buddy I was at a meeting on Tuesday about this.

Daftmedic
This baffonary that's going on at the moment can only detract from the RWC.

didds
26-09-13, 18:09
Nahh. ERC etc has nothing to do with RWC.

didds

B52 REF
26-09-13, 18:09
Irishref et al - by all means just turn up for the socials , there will be games for those who fancy a runout and we may drag you into the postmatch involving any dutchmen. Lawyers rwc likely to be 14-16th oct if any refs of a legal bent (: fancy that.

Daftmedic
27-09-13, 13:09
Nahh. ERC etc has nothing to do with RWC.

didds

So your saying this by no means has the potential to distract

winchesterref
27-09-13, 13:09
I love to volunteer/attend socials!
Will follow this with interest.

irishref
02-10-13, 13:10
Irishref et al - by all means just turn up for the socials , there will be games for those who fancy a runout and we may drag you into the postmatch involving any dutchmen. Lawyers rwc likely to be 14-16th oct if any refs of a legal bent (: fancy that.

PM me nearer the time. Certainly will be in the UK for as many games as I can. And old habits die hard, I always bring my kit. Even my gumshield...

Dickie E
02-10-13, 21:10
Dickie E & Dickie Jnr will be planning on coming over. I want to see Wales play in Cardiff once in my lifetime. I expect I'll come with a tour group to make everything easy. Packages appear in January, I understand.

Phil E
02-10-13, 22:10
Dickie E & Dickie Jnr will be planning on coming over.

You don't seem to understand the concept of penal transportation :biggrin:

Dickie E
02-10-13, 23:10
You don't seem to understand the concept of penal transportation :biggrin:

not even to re-enter the mother country gene pool??? :aus:

Can we stay at your place? I promise we won't stay for long.

Taff
29-03-15, 01:03
Well, my application to be a volunteer at the Millennium Stadium has been accepted - the e-mail came through yesterday. :biggrin: Apparently, over 20,000 people applied but only 6,000 were needed.

Months ago, I had been told that I had been pencilled in for the "Transport" team, which sounded fun ... driving people between different locations etc. Sadly I then got 3 points on my previously clean driving license (doing 35 mph in a 30 mph road on a motorbike) :( and I have now been told I am part of the "Spectator Services" team. From what I've read, in a nutshell I will be a steward - checking tickets, pointing people to the correct entrance, aisle etc.

I would have preferred "Transport" if I'm honest, but I'm just happy to be one of the 6,000 volunteers involved in such a massive event. There will now be 2 days of training and familiarisation before September.

Browner
29-03-15, 14:03
I expect the people (who set the ticket prices ). running RWC 2015 ( , and the celebrity players being paid to promote the 'join in' ethos,) to lavish praise on the army of volunteers who help them make their £millions !!!

RobLev
29-03-15, 17:03
not even to re-enter the mother country gene pool??? :aus:

Presumably Mrs Dickie E woiuld have something to say about that?

Dickie E
29-03-15, 23:03
Presumably Mrs Dickie E woiuld have something to say about that?

My shrivelled up old gonads wouldn't handle the pace.

But Dickie Jnr is raring to go. Studied episodes of Geordie Shores to bone up on Pomanian mating rituals.

(see what I did there?)

menace
29-03-15, 23:03
Studied episodes of Geordie Shores to bone up on Pomanian mating rituals.

So he learnt how to spell and administer PCP???

(See what I did there? :biggrin:)

Dickie E
30-03-15, 00:03
So he learnt how to spell and administer PCP???

a martini for him and a roofie colada for his date :horse: