PDA

View Full Version : NRL Send Offs

leaguerefaus
11-09-14, 13:09
Who wants to take a guess at how many send offs have occurred in the NRL this year? There's so far been 26 rounds of footy, totaling 192 games.

TheBFG
11-09-14, 13:09
00000 (msf)

Lee Lifeson-Peart
11-09-14, 14:09
3ish!

Lee Lifeson-Peart
11-09-14, 16:09
3ish!

Changed my mind after some (fruitless?) research.

Lots of articles headed Bill Harrigan says Player X should've been sent off. Player Y should've been sent off says Bill Harrigan.

Browner
11-09-14, 17:09
Minus 3 ?!

:-)

damo
12-09-14, 08:09
Trick question.

Referees are not allowed to send players off in the NRL. :tongue:

leaguerefaus
13-09-14, 04:09
The correct answer is.... 0.
1 in 2012, 2 in 2013, 0 in 2014. Obviously the tough stance of doubling the number of send offs between 2012 and 2013 has acted as a deterrent to foul play *rolls eyes*.

ctrainor
13-09-14, 09:09
Watched Warrington v Wigan Thursday, the most blatant punching ever was rewarded with a 10 minute rest yet they seem to be hammering dubious shoulder charges in other games

Jarrod Burton
15-09-14, 00:09
In the Storm Bulldogs game it looked like a dogs player tackled a storm player on his goal line from a completely offside position. Now there was another onside bulldogs player that effected a tackle, but there was more than a little bit of assistance from the offside player, sufficient I expect to prevent a try being scored. It seemed like the refs were the only people at the ground that considered the offside tackler to not have acted cynically and deliberately and failed to even bin him. NRL is becoming increasingly frustrating to watch as inconsistencies mount and community level players watch what the big boys get away with and expect the same type of leniency.

Dickie E
15-09-14, 06:09
In the Storm Bulldogs game it looked like a dogs player tackled a storm player on his goal line from a completely offside position. Now there was another onside bulldogs player that effected a tackle, but there was more than a little bit of assistance from the offside player, sufficient I expect to prevent a try being scored. It seemed like the refs were the only people at the ground that considered the offside tackler to not have acted cynically and deliberately and failed to even bin him. NRL is becoming increasingly frustrating to watch as inconsistencies mount and community level players watch what the big boys get away with and expect the same type of leniency.

but in the same game there was constant howling from the commentators every time a player was put on report (and there were several)

Jarrod Burton
18-09-14, 23:09
I agree with that, but wasn't that because of the practice of players staying down when hit hard or milks a slightly high and when play is stopped the TMO reviews it? The constant stopping and reviewing was giving me the shits too, but so do the commentators on Nine.