PDA

View Full Version : Signal

Browner
26-11-14, 13:11
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5bGIx7jS4

When did the two handed 'roley poley' signal replace the 'not releasing' signal , for such crawling offences ?

menace
Since CJ taught it to him cause he thought he looked cool!

Simon Thomas
communicates the offence for me, but ideally it should have been followed by the Law Book signal for not releasing.

Not Kurt Weaver
Um ah, was he tackled? What law did ball carrier not adhere?

These ?s are before I find SA refs explanation

I do, however, believe that is traveling in basketball or kum-by-yah signal in church school.

Not Kurt Weaver
Can't find SA refs explanation just u tube

Any idea of which clip and date on SArefs for their explanation?

ddjamo
26-11-14, 14:11
communicates the offence for me, but ideally it should have been followed by the Law Book signal for not releasing.

agree...I like it. he would have nailed it if he would have rolled those arms into a not releasing secondary. just like the offside/ball played in front of knock on...the description was good. could also be used for that second roll that tackled ball carries argue was momentum.

Phil E
Whether you like it or not, whether it communicates the offence or not........if everyone starts making up their own signals it will just become ridiculous. Stick to what's in the book please.

ddjamo
Whether you like it or not, whether it communicates the offence or not........if everyone starts making up their own signals it will just become ridiculous. Stick to what's in the book please.

what do you signal for accidental offside? most coaches and players think accidental offside is obstruction. as an example - do you think that the offside secondary is sufficient? personally - I don't.

the southern hemisphere is clearly the leader in referee production at the elite levels. just maybe the the old rigid referee approach needs to be loosened a bit?

RobLev
Um ah, was he tackled?[QUOTE]

At 11 seconds he's off his feet, he's got one Fijian under his right shoulder holding on and another stood in front of him with his hands on his back. How is he not tackled?

[QUOTE]What law did ball carrier not adhere?

Not releasing/passing once tackled? By 12seconds he's been released by the tackler, but hasn't passed/released and is crawling forward.

These ?s are before I find SA refs explanation

I do, however, believe that is traveling in basketball or kum-by-yah signal in church school.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
26-11-14, 16:11
My favourite made-up signal is Robin Goodliffe's PK for a headbut.

Hands up who remembers (Bernard Hill) Yosser Hughes?

Gizza RC!

TheBFG
26-11-14, 16:11
and my pet hate, why does he walk out to the 5m to give the PK :mad:

Browner
26-11-14, 19:11
Memory says , Didn't someone once indicate a one handed three stage bounce motion signal for this offence? WB???? Or was it for double movement, crikey pro guys find one signal and then get it adopted by the WR & stick to it ........ Basketball 'travelling' it isn't

To answer ........ "Ref, ref, ref, he's off his feet , common ref, ref, ref , ref bloody hell ref are you serious "

Try this sequence of signals

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/icons8/ios7/256/Hands-Four-Fingers-icon.png
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgLoMfFBzSUbjCB636Xwqg6vJlRlCOp Asg2tVyYL4oMT9FAsT3

:shrug::biggrin:

Not Kurt Weaver
26-11-14, 20:11
[QUOTE=Not Kurt Weaver;287796]Um ah, was he tackled?[QUOTE]

At 11 seconds he's off his feet, he's got one Fijian under his right shoulder holding on and another stood in front of him with his hands on his back. How is he not tackled?

Not releasing/passing once tackled? By 12seconds he's been released by the tackler, but hasn't passed/released and is crawling forward.

Yep, I think getting knocked on your arse and clinging on (not releasing by tackler) to ball carrier whose knees and hand contact the ground does constitute a tackle. I hope they do not get credit for a tackle by statistician.

TRY THIS ONE BOYS, same clip different penalty:

Penalty try, professional foul YC, FIJI #6 or #3 take your pick

menace
26-11-14, 22:11
This is where it originated from.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Must have been the RWC referees after party and CJ thought he'd steal a few moves!

Dickie E
26-11-14, 23:11
communicates the offence for me,

and goes nicely with the verbal "double movement, lads"

Simon Thomas
27-11-14, 08:11
My favourite made-up signal is Robin Goodliffe's PK for a headbut.

Hands up who remembers (Bernard Hill) Yosser Hughes?

Gizza RC!

The wonderful Boys from the black stuff that showed me a way of life and culture that I had never seen before.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
27-11-14, 08:11
The wonderful Boys from the black stuff that showed me a way of life and culture that I had never seen before.

The Aston needs roads in good repair otherwise we'd all have to buy Range Rovers.

You'll be please to know I've managed to scrape a living out of repairing roads for nearly 30 years - I can do that.

In fact until Sunday I have a very similar moustasche