PDA

View Full Version : RWC QF Cardiff - accommodation

AlanT
25-02-15, 23:02
Any ideas for accommodation for 2 around this match, please?

menace
26-02-15, 03:02
Go to pub
Get drunk
Fall in gutter
Accommodation sorted!

Taff
26-02-15, 09:02
I'm always amazed that the rugby world doesn't organise camp sites like they do in the football world.

crossref
26-02-15, 09:02
I'm always amazed that the rugby world doesn't organise camp sites like they do in the football world.

could it possibly be to do with the fact that the football WC is in June/July, while the RWC is in October ? :-)

butr google is your friend - there are some offers - eg hire a motorhome

http://hireahymer.com/info/travel-guide/accommodation-rugby-world-cup-2015/

Phil E
26-02-15, 10:02
butr google is your friend - there are some offers - eg hire a motorhome

Is Dickie allowed to sub-let his motorhome?

Dixie
26-02-15, 11:02
Plenty of city centre hotels such as Premier Inn or Travelodge. For a cheaper option, if you can be very sure of the timing, Cardiff prison is about 500 yards from the stadium.

TheBFG
26-02-15, 11:02
Plenty of city centre hotels such as Premier Inn or Travelodge.

Yeah I'm sure they won't have bumped the price up tooooooooo much!

Taff
27-02-15, 01:02
Plenty of city centre hotels such as Premier Inn or Travelodge. For a cheaper option, if you can be very sure of the timing, Cardiff prison is about 500 yards from the stadium.
I picked the 17th October as one of the Qtr Final dates. See HERE (http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?locationCode=29917&location=Cardiff%20Central%20Travelodge&checkInDate=17/10/2015&checkOutDate=18/10/2015&no_of_rooms=1&adults_1=2&children_1=0&adults_2=1&children_2=0&adults_3=1&children_3=0&adults_4=1&children_4=0&adults_5=1&children_5=0&adults_6=1&children_6=0&adults_7=1&children_7=0&adults_8=1&children_8=0&adults_9=1&children_9=0&action=search&check_form=). Not one available room on the Travel Lodge website. :frown:

I think I will be working as a volunteer at Cardiff for all the Millennium Stadium games (haven't had an e-mail confirming anything yet) and there are 3 groups of 2 games, so ... either

I will put the back seats of the X-Trail down, pack my sleeping bag and kip in the back or
During the training days, perhaps we could buddy up with another volunteer who lives in the city.

Driving 1hr 15 mins home after what I expect to be a looong hard day, having a kip and repeating it the next day doesn't appeal. I do have a niece who lets out a property on the edge of Cardiff, but it will probably be occupied by October.

could it possibly be to do with the fact that the football WC is in June/July, while the RWC is in October ?
Probably, but I'd like to be given the choice. :biggrin:

Browner
27-02-15, 10:02
Try this. http://www.walestouristsonline.co.uk/cardiff/campsite/marconi_holiday_village_penarth.html

Cheap as chips

Pegleg
03-03-15, 08:03

Morel like 800 / 900 yards. But it does have a very highly rated eatery.

Pegleg
03-03-15, 08:03
Contact the local referee society. Maybe one of the Cardiff refs (they're not all wierd) may have a spare room.

KieranW
03-03-15, 20:03
In the past I've stayed in Swansea and got the short train to cardiff, it was a small independant place and not far from the station. Would probably be cheaper and not too far away at all!

didds
04-03-15, 00:03
theres a train line runs north out of cardiff up towards merthyr - it runs though pojntypridd and treforest for example. B&B in somewhere like Ponty which is 20 minutes by train from cardiff?

didds (whose son is at uni fo south wales at Ponty/Treforest )