PDA

View Full Version : Refereeing for RFU

Waynepipmad
04-03-15, 10:03
Hello, wonder if anyone can help

Without getting into major details here, I have had a fairly serious falling out with the WRU and no longer wish to officiate for them, but I am loathe to give up the game, so how would I go about registering as a Referee with RFU?

I know there would be more travel etc, but I'm happy to do this

Would I have to sit a `beginners course' and start again or is there anyone I can contact to get me started straight away?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

TheBFG
04-03-15, 12:03
Suggest you could call Bristol or Glos Refs society and ask them as I assume that's who you'd join?

I know that Bristol DON'T pay expenses unless you're on exchange, so don't burn your bridges just yet (either of them!)

OB..
04-03-15, 12:03
The Gloucester & District Society has had least least one referee from Wales in recent times to my knowledge. I suggest you contact the secretary secretary@gladref.co.uk .

We pay expenses of 10p a mile up to the county boundary and the standard rate thereafter. PM me if you want more information.

Dixie
04-03-15, 14:03
I suggest you contact the secretary secretary@gladref.co.uk .

We pay expenses of 10p a mile up to the county boundary and the standard rate thereafter. PM me if you want more information.

Waynepipmad, you could be gwladref@gladref.co.uk. Worth the additional expense just for that!

I suspect that OB's statement on expenses is taken from a starting point within county. So if you had 40 miles to the county border and 1 mile within county, I doubt you'd get 41 miles expenses - though I may be wrong.

OB..
04-03-15, 15:03
Waynepipmad, you could be gwladref@gladref.co.uk. Worth the additional expense just for that!

I suspect that OB's statement on expenses is taken from a starting point within county. So if you had 40 miles to the county border and 1 mile within county, I doubt you'd get 41 miles expenses - though I may be wrong.Under current rules he would get 40 miles at 10p and 1 mile at standard rate (is that 35p or am I out of date?). We have a few refs from out of county who get that.

TheBFG
04-03-15, 16:03
40ppm flat in zummerzet :wink: (but not if you come across from Wales!)