PDA

View Full Version : Law App

Camquin
08-03-15, 19:03
I have the ipad app.
Am I correct that it is missing the definitions?
The definitions included in each law are there, I mean the general definitions?

Also I cannot find the clarifications?

So I tend to have to cross refer to the IRBlaws site or even the book - which does reduce the advantage of the app.

If it had been done well, all the defined terms would be hyperlinks that pop up the definition - but that is probably too much to ask.

However, it did change pictures the other day - so now has WR branding - which I suppose is what is important.

Camquin

talbazar
09-03-15, 00:03
On the iPhone (I guess it's the same layout on the iPad) the definitions are at the beginning of the list for each law.
Clarifications are not in though.
Pierre.

Chris_j
09-03-15, 00:03
I have the ipad app.
Am I correct that it is missing the definitions?
The definitions included in each law are there, I mean the general definitions?

Also I cannot find the clarifications?

So I tend to have to cross refer to the IRBlaws site or even the book - which does reduce the advantage of the app.

If it had been done well, all the defined terms would be hyperlinks that pop up the definition - but that is probably too much to ask.

However, it did change pictures the other day - so now has WR branding - which I suppose is what is important.

Camquin

I have given up on the app. It is not very good. Better to download the pdf version of the laws, then you can be fairly sure they've not forgotten something.. The last version was better, but truncated laws with more than about 5 clauses, so not ideal. This one has just trashed the general definitions.
http://laws.worldrugby.org/downloads/World_Rugby_Laws_2015_EN.pdf

buff
09-03-15, 01:03
I can't even get the 2015 law app to download on to my Iphone 4.

Phil E
09-03-15, 17:03
I can't even get the 2015 law app to download on to my Iphone 4.

We have iPhone 4s here in the UK.............they are all in museums :wink:

buff
12-03-15, 13:03
We have iPhone 4s here in the UK.............they are all in museums :wink:
That was what my provider was offering for free when I switched providers last year. I guess there is a price to pay for being cheap.

Browner
12-03-15, 14:03
The technology world forces us to buy into their 'upgrade society' , so fighting it is futile .........

Least that's what I tell the x-wife whenever she goes off on one ! :biggrin:

Phil E
12-03-15, 14:03
That was what my provider was offering for free when I switched providers last year. I guess there is a price to pay for being cheap.

Indeed....you're not appy :biggrin:

SimonSmith
12-03-15, 18:03
I can't take that pun siriusly