PDA

View Full Version : Seeking for a ref. A nice Greek week end? We pay for the ticket...

cairotes
09-04-15, 09:04
Dear All

As you may know the Hellenic Rugby Federation is in a disarray and has been even closed by the Greek Government.

Meanwhile, Greek lovers of the game have continued playing in a non-official manner and have organised few training games to perpetuate the sport in Greece.

A game between the best two teams is organised on the 25/04/2015 at 16h00 in Athens and we are seeking for an impartial referee for that day coming from abroad (English language would be a must)..

Transport cost would be covered by the organisers but we would be short of funding to go beyond that.

Is there any volunteers from Italy, France, Romania, UK or elsewhere?

Regards

didds
09-04-15, 10:04
I would imagine one of the first questions a ref might ask is what insurances are in place?

didds

crossref
09-04-15, 11:04
cairotes - it sounds like a great opportunity - why don't you contact the London Referee Society directly and ask them if they could help find a volunteer of a suitable level of experience.

The contacts can be found here -- http://www.londonrugby.com/contacts.html

WombleRef
09-04-15, 22:04
It sounds like a great opportunity. I would jump at it if I was not playing in my University Varsity.

iapi
10-04-15, 11:04
Hi!
I'm an italian ref with 5 years of officiating experience.
Now I'm living in Switzerland and I keep on refereeing for the local federation.
I'm interested in the match. Let me know.
Ciao

Iacopo

Adam
10-04-15, 11:04
A weekend in Athens? Sounds too good to be true!

crossref
10-04-15, 12:04

unfortunately your free tickets are held up by greek tax authorities, in order to release your free tickets you need to provide a photocopy of your passport and send a small administration fee, to the following Western Union account...

Bunniksider

Any thoughts about Germany this year Dr Adam?

Dixie
unfortunately your free tickets are held up by greek tax authorities, in order to release your free tickets you need to provide a photocopy of your passport and send a small administration fee, to the following Western Union account... You're way too cynical!

Attika, I suggest you reach out to the German Rugby Federation. As each German national owes Greece the sum of €875 to repay the wartime loan, they should be able to fund their own travel and pay you for the privilege!

OB..
10-04-15, 13:04
You're way too cynical!

Attika, I suggest you reach out to the German Rugby Federation. As each German national owes Greece the sum of 875 to repay the wartime loan, they should be able to fund their own travel and pay you for the privilege!That is according to one reckoningThe mayor of Nafplio, a Greek resort in the Peloponnese, faced an unusual situation last month when a German couple came into his office with a cheque for 875. The money, they explained, represented the amount each German citizen should pay to the Greeks, in compensation for the pillage and bloodshed inflicted during the Nazi occupation.(Today's Times)

However that ignores the agreement that Germany has paid their war reparations, so the article concludes with a different calculation based on Nazi accounting of forced loansThe payment of 10.3 billion will not solve the Greek economic crisis, but it would represent an important symbolic gesture, demonstrating that while Germany rightly urges Greece to repay its modern debts, it is prepared to honour its own from the more distant past.
This solution might finally end the debate over Greek wartime reparations. It would also, by my calculation, leave the mayor of Nafplio owing Nina Lange and her partner a rebate of 746.24.

Adam
10-04-15, 14:04
Any thoughts about Germany this year Dr Adam?

Not sure yet mate. It is 20th June I think? I have 13th-26th to go on holiday, but was planning to go away with the girlfriend.

And I've got my finals next week. Not a doctor yet!

Browner
10-04-15, 14:04
http://rugbyredefined.com/2014/09/19/greek-federation-of-rugby-e-o-r-no-longer-exists/

Although things have likely moved on since sept

Bunniksider
10-04-15, 16:04
Not sure yet mate. It is 20th June I think? I have 13th-26th to go on holiday, but was planning to go away with the girlfriend.

And I've got my finals next week. Not a doctor yet!

Stop posting on here and get cramming then!!!

crossref
10-04-15, 16:04
http://rugbyredefined.com/2014/09/19/greek-federation-of-rugby-e-o-r-no-longer-exists/

Although things have likely moved on since sept

how odd that the government can abolish the Rugby Federation! Is greece not a free country?

obviously a government can decide whether or not give state funding to a sport (which may cause it to collapse) but I don't understand a system that gives the government the right to decide that the sport of rugby is administered by the Handball guys...