PDA

View Full Version : Has this been cited?

TheBFG
28-05-15, 11:05
while we're on the subject of people missing the world cup has this been cited yet??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNb-twSS5gg&feature=player_detailpage

(sorry about title, how do I edit that???)

Phil E
28-05-15, 12:05
I hope so, got to be top end, a deliberate stamp to the face.

(Title fixed (you have to be a mod))

Browner
28-05-15, 13:05
Dirty Barsteward , will be very interesting to how such a wholly dangerous act is treated

Using the latest DH scale, then probably a 12 year ban !!!

crossref
28-05-15, 13:05
it's an odd clip. the stamp seems deliberate, but then he seems to regret it.

Browner
28-05-15, 14:05

1) Maybe the stamp was intended, but his opponents face wasnt his wasnt the intended target?

2) Or maybe the distressed squeal of the injured player caused him to autopilot into re-humanisation.

3) Or......... he suddenly remembered his pro clubs classroom study session where page 6 of his "reduce your citing ban" club booklet, shows immediate remorse gets you a credit / discount, and that his contract requires him to do everything in his power to make himself quickly available whenever he descends into thuggary mode , his compliance department hold his signed acknowledgement that he's read the guidance :wink:

On 'un'balance , I'd guess at 1 or 2 .

irishref
28-05-15, 17:05
It would seem he's escaped any further sanction

http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/videos/video-top-14--stade-toulousain-accident-geste-volontaire-yoann-huget-echappe-citation-face-ubb-2705151726.php

Crucial
28-05-15, 21:05
WTF?!

Plenty of wriggle room to downgrade from intentionally targeting the head but the action of the stamp is obviously deliberate. Completely out of whack with other judicial decisions for similar acts.

Does anyone have a copy of the decision?

EDIT: Oh, I see the issue. There wasn't even a citing?

Lee Lifeson-Peart
29-05-15, 05:05
No citing surprises me especially as the "culprit" is serial dickhead Yoann Huget.

damo
29-05-15, 07:05
Is he needed for the French RWC squad? Perhaps that might explain the oversight.

beckett50
29-05-15, 09:05
What surprised me was, not just the recklessness of the stamp, but that it was missed by the ARs. I can understand that referee's attention was on the next phase of play, but for the ARs? Who was trailing?
Or do they not have the same AR system in the FFR as exists in the RFU and other Uniions?

Browner
29-05-15, 11:05
Is he needed for the French RWC squad? Perhaps that might explain the oversight.

Wash your mouth out with soap Damo :biggrin:. French RWC squad players having a invisible ( protection from being cited) shield around them pre RWC, that would be unthinkable ......

Seriously though, does anyone know the process for citing, who proposes an incident ?? Victim/club/officer/FFR or can any qualified person do it, and is there a cut off period ?

Jacko
29-05-15, 12:05
Wash your mouth out with soap Damo :biggrin:. French RWC squad players having a invisible ( protection from being cited) shield around them pre RWC, that would be unthinkable ......

Seriously though, does anyone know the process for citing, who proposes an incident ?? Victim/club/officer/FFR or can any qualified person do it, and is there a cut off period ?

In the RFU at top levels there is a citing officer appointed to each match. He will watch the game and note any incidents which require scrutiny. He will meet with the team managers afterwards to enquire if there is anything they wish to bring to his attention. He will then cite (or not) within a set time period. Citings outside this time period are only permitted in certain extenuating circumstances.

Browner
29-05-15, 13:05
In the RFU at top levels there is a citing officer appointed to each match. He will watch the game and note any incidents which require scrutiny. He will meet with the team managers afterwards to enquire if there is anything they wish to bring to his attention. He will then cite (or not) within a set time period. Citings outside this time period are only permitted in certain extenuating circumstances.

Thanks Jacko,
Are there and guidance notes on what qualifies as such? Do you know if its happened in the recent past?

Jacko
29-05-15, 15:05
[/B]

Thanks Jacko,
Are there and guidance notes on what qualifies as such? Do you know if its happened in the recent past?

Full details at:- http://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Document/Governance/Regulations/01/30/35/23/RFU_Regulation_19_appendix_4_Neutral.pdf

No guidance notes on what an exceptional circumstance is (see paragraph 8 - it can be whatever the RFU Head of Discipline says it is), but I would imagine something like footage becoming available that wasn't available at the time might qualify.

I have no idea if it has happened recently.

Not Kurt Weaver
29-05-15, 16:05

First look at real time, I say deliberate, but acting as on his defense. I'd say he stumbled and the "stamp" was actually YH trying to keep his balance. In slow mo you can see the tackler grasping YH legs with his arms. He is not releasing. this could cause a trip, and YH had to keep his balance. Most unfortunate is was on tackler's face.

No citing surprises me especially as the "culprit" is serial dickhead Yoann Huget.

Well, to set up an appealler's defense, he did see immediately sorry for his actions. Citing officer's must first look at incident, not at the past incidents of who done it.

What surprised me was, not just the recklessness of the stamp, but that it was missed by the ARs. I can understand that referee's attention was on the next phase of play, but for the ARs? Who was trailing?

True that, hard to believe it was missed and not a card. I do feel YH was tripped. This itself does not excuse a stamp, but it could give him a reason kinda. Kinda enough to avoid further citing.

Browner
29-05-15, 16:05
First look at real time, I say deliberate, but acting as on his defense. I'd say he stumbled and the "stamp" was actually YH trying to keep his balance. In slow mo you can see the tackler grasping YH legs with his arms. He is not releasing. this could cause a trip, and YH had to keep his balance. Most unfortunate is was on tackler's face.

Well, to set up an appealler's defense, he did see immediately sorry for his actions. Citing officer's must first look at incident, not at the past incidents of who done it.

True that, hard to believe it was missed and not a card. I do feel YH was tripped. This itself does not excuse a stamp, but it could give him a reason kinda. Kinda enough to avoid further citing.

I dont see clear evidence of a trip, or a stumbling.

instead initially Huget looks up & forwards then as he rises to his feet & lifts his left leg/foot he is now looking directly down at the player on the ground, ( I suspect he was looking at his face)
I don't recognise the subsequent acceleration of his left foot downward in the direction it went as being consistent with being tripped.

It looks malicious, I'd be amazed if the player and his coaches didn't raise the query with the match observer for a citing review , thereafter FFR politics always has the potential to involve itself !

ChrisR
29-05-15, 21:05
Agree with NKW that it was a trip and wholly accidental. That would explain lack of citing.

Do they ever explain non-citing when there was no sanction from the referee>?

Being a serial dick only matters when you're guilty.

Ian_Cook
29-05-15, 22:05
At the very least it was reckless IMO.

Huget had to know that the tackler's head was very close to his feet since the tackler still had a hold of one of them. Also the stamp appeared to be in a more backwards direction than what I would expect for a player tripping and stumbling forwards

IMO, a huge (no pun intended) benefit of the doubt has been given here.

buff
30-05-15, 01:05
I really don't see much of a trip in the stamp itself. He stumbles before, stamps and then gets tripped up after.

Browner
30-05-15, 13:05
Another cheap shot ?
http://www.balls.ie/rugby/gif-ian-madigan-and-jack-mcgrath-could-be-in-trouble-after-footage-of-stamp-and-knee/294795

Browner
30-05-15, 14:05
Another cheap shot ?
http://www.balls.ie/rugby/gif-ian-madigan-and-jack-mcgrath-could-be-in-trouble-after-footage-of-stamp-and-knee/294795

In the acceleration toward RWC15 we might now start to see .....
A) RWC squad players offending less
B) home unions becoming mute for their RWC squadies

Browner
31-05-15, 22:05
In the acceleration toward RWC15 we might now start to see .....
A) RWC squad players offending less
B) home unions becoming mute for their RWC squadies

"World Rugby is keeping an interested eye on the application of the disciplinary process."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32953649

:wtf:, are WR following my posts? :biggrin: