PDA

View Full Version : Obstruction ?

athul123
06-10-15, 07:10
Hi , I want to know is there any obstruction in the 8:37 min of this video ?

https://youtu.be/aIEmHm0ZsyI?t=8m37s

and also why the referee awards a free kick for Korea (blue team) in the 8:25 min ?

Pegleg
06-10-15, 08:10
Can't see the FK reason. There was movement but it looked a standard 7s scrum. Possible early set? But that's just a guess.

A case can be made for obstruction.

chbg
06-10-15, 11:10
The referee must have seen something on his side of the scrum, otherwise it was a FK against Blue for either early push or feeding!

Sadly, the thwarted tackler has to make more of the possible obstruction to show that it was material. It could have gone either way.

talbazar
06-10-15, 12:10
FK is for early foot from SL hooker (at least I believe).

Obstruction: as the support runner is behind the ball carrier at all time, I've got no problem for it not to be whistle here.
I would not have a problem it is was whistled either though...

My 2 cents,
Pierre.

RobLev
06-10-15, 12:10
The referee must have seen something on his side of the scrum, otherwise it was a FK against Blue for either early push or feeding!

Sadly, the thwarted tackler has to make more of the possible obstruction to show that it was material. It could have gone either way.

Clear obstruction for me - the Blue 7 goes in with the shoulder and blocks the potential tackler.

As we now know, tackling the obstructing player is going too far to "make more of the possible obstruction".

RobLev
06-10-15, 13:10
FK is for early foot from SL hooker (at least I believe).

Obstruction: as the support runner is behind the ball carrier at all time, I've got no problem for it not to be whistle here.
I would not have a problem it is was whistled either though...

My 2 cents,
Pierre.

I'm looking at the Blue 7, who comes in at speed from right of shot and is ahead of the BC at the time he blocks the sweat-banded potential tackler.

athul123
06-10-15, 15:10
thanks guys for all your replies . really helpful :)

crossref
what do people think of this contact in the air, from the same game

https://youtu.be/aIEmHm0ZsyI?t=571

(there's a slow motion replay a minute or so later, at the end of the passage of play)

athul123
what do people think of this contact in the air, from the same game

https://youtu.be/aIEmHm0ZsyI?t=571

(there's a slow motion replay a minute or so later, at the end of the passage of play)

Thanks crossref for pointing that out as well

didds
06-10-15, 16:10
well the commentator is clearly talking out of his arris.

"the only reason he cold have one that was if someone tipped him".

Err... or he and his lifter cocked up and he just pivoted over his lifter's attempted to hold him. No tip - just momentum.

Pillock.

didds

crossref
06-10-15, 16:10
don't you think the blue jumper just caught him round the the shoulder/neck?

RobLev
06-10-15, 17:10

I'm with didds; any contact was incidental; the cause was the jumper jumping backwards and his lifter not lifting through his CoG, so that he lost control of the lift. The Beast might have been able to regain control - that player was no Beast.

OB..
06-10-15, 18:10

I'm with didds; any contact was incidental; the cause was the jumper jumping backwards and his lifter not lifting through his CoG, so that he lost control of the lift. The Beast might have been able to regain control - that player was no Beast.
He might have toppled anyway, though I am not entirely convinced of that. However there is surely no doubt that the actions of the Blue player ensured that he did topple. That player had no realistic chance of getting the ball, so I see his actions as reckless.

RobLev
06-10-15, 20:10
He might have toppled anyway, though I am not entirely convinced of that. However there is surely no doubt that the actions of the Blue player ensured that he did topple. That player had no realistic chance of getting the ball, so I see his actions as reckless.

Even having watched it half a dozen times, I'm no more certain that he made any, or any significant contact; the footage is unclear and the camera angle unhelpful. I'm happy to be corrected, though. If he did make significant contact, then you're absolutely right.

didds
07-10-15, 09:10

there may have been some contact - but it wasn't the reason he rolled over the lifter. At the time of possible contact the jumper is already almost horizontal and still going bacwards and over

didds