PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with keyboards on the forum

buff
27-01-16, 18:01
On a regular basis I have to really hit the keys to get the forum to recognise my typing. Today I really have to hit the keys particularly hard. It happens on my laptop, which is a typical institutional machine, but also on my home desktop, which is a new, reasonably expensive custom build. It seems to happen after auto-save, but not always. It only happens on this forum.
TIA

Not Kurt Weaver
27-01-16, 22:01
On a regular basis I have to really hit the keys to get the forum to recognise my typing. Today I really have to hit the keys particularly hard. It happens on my laptop, which is a typical institutional machine, but also on my home desktop, which is a new, reasonably expensive custom build. It seems to happen after auto-save, but not always. It only happens on this forum.
TIA

Is this a test to see how replies it will take til someone writes "wank" or "wanking"?

Too many jokes available, too many stuck keys.

buff
28-01-16, 00:01
No, not a test. The laptop is from my employer. It would be difficult to square that type of behaviour with our acceptable use policy.

Not Kurt Weaver
28-01-16, 00:01
No, not a test. The laptop is from my employer. It would be difficult to square that type of behaviour with our acceptable use policy.

good answer, well played

Ian_Cook
28-01-16, 04:01
What browser are you using?

I had trouble getting some forums to work with "Opera" a while back. It wasn't so much that I had to hit the keys hard, it was that there was a delay between typing, and what I saw on the screen... I would type and nothing would happen, I would keep typing, and then the screen would suddenly "catch up". I switched back to Firefox and have had no trouble since.

crossref
28-01-16, 09:01
it's a wind up, right ? a computer can't tell how hard you are hitting the keys.

Phil E
28-01-16, 13:01
Hit them harder.........use a hammer.