PDA

View Full Version : Dear America....

Pages : [1] 2

Phil E
20-01-17, 10:01
What the f**k have you done! :shrug:

Not Kurt Weaver
20-01-17, 11:01
We kept GITMO open and shut down the Clinton Global Initiative. That is 2 positives thus far. The Clinton Foundation is next.

didds
20-01-17, 11:01
they have done what the electorate of the UK managed in June.

didds

Not Kurt Weaver
20-01-17, 12:01
Overall Trump won approximately 2,600 counties to Clinton’s 500, or about 84% of the geographic United States. However, Clinton won 88 of of the 100 largest counties (including Washington D.C.). Without these 100 largest counties she would have lost by 11.5 million votes.

We explained the electoral college.

Not Kurt Weaver
We filled White house with attractive women.

Not Kurt Weaver

Oh, was that sarcasm?

We voted in a hypomaniac with wacky hair which provide at a minimum of 4 yrs of SNL skits

didds
Will you PLEASE take Farage?

You can have Johnson as well on a BOGOF offer, no problems.

didds

beckett50
20-01-17, 13:01
Will you PLEASE take Farage?

You can have Johnson as well on a BOGOF offer, no problems.

didds

I'll see your Johnson and raise it a Corbyn :biggrin:

didds
Nahh. Corbyn is an internal issue.

Farage and Johnson are international idiots

didds

DocY
I'll see your Johnson

Please, this is a public forum!

DocY
Overall Trump won approximately 2,600 counties to Clinton’s 500, or about 84% of the geographic United States. However, Clinton won 88 of of the 100 largest counties (including Washington D.C.). Without these 100 largest counties she would have lost by 11.5 million votes.

We explained the electoral college.

And without Florida, Texas, Florida, Georgia and Michigan Trump would have lost.

If you start arbitrarily discarding sections of the electorate you can make the result say whatever you want.

beckett50
And without Florida, Texas, Florida, Georgia and Michigan Trump would have lost.

If you start arbitrarily discarding sections of the electorate you can make the result say whatever you want.

This, in a nutshell, is what an electoral college is all about.

Not Kurt Weaver

1. You counted FLA twice

2. We only need to discard 3 states for Hilary win not four. Just FLA, TX, and (GA or MICH) would suffice

3. Thank you for your interest in electoral college, and explaining that populous counties do not decide elections. Populous states do.

Not Kurt Weaver

Cept it is intentional, not arbitrary.

Not Kurt Weaver

Improved the Navy or hopefully will improve the Navy.

Do you favor a strong Navy? (sarcasm)

Taff
20-01-17, 14:01
I'll see your Johnson ...
No pics please Dickie E. :biggrin:

Am I being thick? In a 2 horse race, why do the Americans need the complication of an Electoral College? :chin:

Why not just have a national election - no need to count states or counties - just add up all the votes and the one with most votes wins.

Balones
No pics please Dickie E. :biggrin:

Am I being thick? In a 2 horse race, why do the Americans need the complication of an Electoral College? :chin:

Why not just have a national election - no need to count states or counties - just add up all the votes and the one with most votes wins.

Sounds like a referendum!:biggrin:

Taff
Sounds like a referendum! :biggrin:
It sounds far simpler. :biggrin:

Not Kurt Weaver
20-01-17, 16:01

I believe it is designed to keep the common man down. My net worth was invested in a sure fire company that made easter egg colored, pear shaped pants suits designed for post menopausal women/or men (to be political correct).

I'm currently worth $ 439, because today was payday. I lost everything cause of this damned electoral college thing from that constitution thing a ma bob.

OB..
20-01-17, 16:01
In a 2 horse race, why do the Americans need the complication of an Electoral College? :chin:
The system was devised back in the 18th century when communication across the USA was extremely slow. With a written constitution such things are hard to change, and the winning side has no incentive to do so.

The Constitution was heavily influenced by Montesquieu et al whose ideas on the Separation of Powers are built in. You elect a President (Executive) separately from Congress(Legislative) and have a nominally unrelated Justice system.

The system means you can elect a President with no political (or military) background. Whether that is good or not remains to be seen.

There is no perfect electoral system since the criteria tend to conflict. Clinton got 48.2% of the popular vote against Trump's 46.1% - and our system of constituencies can produce the same effect.

Paule23
20-01-17, 17:01
Given the UK has first past the post and most governments gain a majority with less than 40% of the vote, I don't think we Brits are in any place to criticise an electoral system.

now criticising the output of that system, that's a different matter ��

Taff
21-01-17, 00:01
.. There is no perfect electoral system since the criteria tend to conflict. Clinton got 48.2% of the popular vote against Trump's 46.1% - and our system of constituencies can produce the same effect.
Thanks OB.

I saw a graph earlier today where the majorities of all the Presidents was shown in descending order; typically I can't find it now, but there have been about 6 Presidents in minus figures ie more voted against them than for them. I think Trump was -4.5%. The worst one was about -10% ie 10% more people voted for the other guy .... yet he still made it to the White House thanks to the Electoral College. :wtf:

Not Kurt Weaver
Thanks OB.

I saw a graph earlier today where the majorities of all the Presidents was shown in descending order; typically I can't find it now, but there have been about 6 Presidents in minus figures ie more voted against them than for them. I think Trump was -4.5%. The worst one was about -10% ie 10% more people voted for the other guy .... yet he still made it to the White House thanks to the Electoral College. :wtf:

Yeah, ther was one goofball that managed to get 43% and won. his wife even beat him

Ian_Cook

They have shown what a progressive and imaginative nation they are. Last time, they voted a black president into office. This time, they voted in an orange one!

http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/this-isnt-what-we-meant-when-we-said-orange-is-the-new-black-donald-trump-barack-obama.jpg

menace
21-01-17, 01:01
You will note how silent us Aussies are remaining. ....it's not because of the time zone but cause we're to embarrassed admitting that our muppet might be crappier than all you lot.

SimonSmith
21-01-17, 02:01
You will note how silent us Aussies are remaining. ....it's not because of the time zone but cause we're to embarrassed admitting that our muppet might be crappier than all you lot.

No, no.Worry not. You're not close.

Let's be clear. We managed to elect:
A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Ignorant, intellectually anti-curious thunderc*nt.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

Not Kurt Weaver
21-01-17, 03:01

A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

I'm just glad he is not a name caller.

Not Kurt Weaver
21-01-17, 03:01

I'll give you 51 reasons why, and you will be right between Arkansas and California

The Fat
21-01-17, 04:01
I just find it ironic that a bloke who is one of the "haves", and boasts endlessly about how rich and famous he is, has managed to convince a vast majority of the "have nots" to put him in the White House by telling them that he is going to "drain the swamp" and target the "fat cats". Isn't he threatening to target his mates from his end of town?
When interviewed a couple of days ago about why some celebrities had shunned invitations to perform at his inauguration, he says, "They weren't invited anyway". He then says, "We don't need the celebrities, this is not about celebrities it's about the people". Next sentence and he comes out with this, "Anyway, we have the biggest celebrities here". The reporter says, "You?", and Trump replies, "I didn't say that", in a tone of voice that just screams, "F#%@ yeah bitch! I am the BIGGEST celebrity of all. You have nice breasts."

The guy is a moron.
Won't take long for him to stuff shit up and those in the shadows will be working out ways of getting him the f#%@ outa there.

Blackberry
21-01-17, 08:01
Woah cowboys, easy! Let's give this great country a chance.

I used to work in America and I for one LOVE the country. Two reasons, first i am not fat in America, in fact to them I'm something of a sporting icon. Second, bless them for trumping (sorry no other word available) our Brexit vote in the WTF stakes.

BTW, as a student worker I used to clean Donald Trump's plane...the outside. It was an extra night shift to my day time work at Boston airport. The computer wont let e post a photo as it says I exceed my quota????

Ian_Cook
21-01-17, 12:01

A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

You forgot that he is also Conspiracy Theorist (JFK assassination, birther). Alex "Infowars" Jones (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alex_Jones) is part of his advisory circle. Go figure!

POTUS is a nutcase and an loose cannon.

Not Kurt Weaver
21-01-17, 15:01
You forgot that he is also Conspiracy Theorist (JFK assassination, birther). Alex "Infowars" Jones (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alex_Jones) is part of his advisory circle. Go figure!

POTUS is a nutcase and an loose cannon.

I heard he is a scientologist

SimonSmith

You want to go back and check.

In light of all the other failings, "name caller" seemed a bit trivial.

Phil E
. The computer wont let e post a photo as it says I exceed my quota????

Click on "Settings", top of the page on the right.
From the left hand menu click "Attachments" under "Miscellaneous".
Delete some of the older photos to give yourself some more space.

Deadpool!

Not Kurt Weaver
21-01-17, 16:01

A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

You want to go back and check.

In light of all the other failings, "name caller" seemed a bit trivial.

Simon, please tell me you understand my ploy or that your last post was a counter ploy

You must be "low energy" this morning

SimonSmith
21-01-17, 19:01
Simon, please tell me you understand my ploy or that your last post was a counter ploy

You must be "low energy" this morning
The ball, my friend, is in your court.

*arched eyebrow*

Pegleg
21-01-17, 21:01
Given the UK has first past the post and most governments gain a majority with less than 40% of the vote, I don't think we Brits are in any place to criticise an electoral system.

now criticising the output of that system, that's a different matter 

However it is very rare for the winning party not to have the largest individual vote. Of course, Trump has himself complained about the potential for the less popular (by vote) candidate winning. He felt it was wrong. Youl'll find it on his Twitter feed.

Taff
21-01-17, 23:01
And we have a 3 horse race surely, not a 2 horse race. :chin:

ChrisR
21-01-17, 23:01
Actually two horses and two show ponies.

didds
22-01-17, 00:01
Three horses? The third being the SNP?

Didds

Not Kurt Weaver
22-01-17, 02:01

*arched eyebrow*

Not sure my racquet reaches to the left as far as yours

Blackberry
22-01-17, 02:01
Herewith a photo of student-me, with glasses as protection of sorts against the chemicals, doing a night shift to clean Trump's plane.

Not Kurt Weaver
22-01-17, 03:01

*arched eyebrow*

Herewith a photo of student-me, with glasses as protection of sorts against the chemicals, doing a night shift to clean Trump's plane.

Dos your hat read "make America great again" ? The visor obstructs the panel.

Blackberry
22-01-17, 10:01
No! its reads "Hudson General"

Not Kurt Weaver
22-01-17, 14:01

No! its reads "Hudson General"

Will you help "make America great again"?

I would like to "make England great again", except when they play Wales. or Scotland. or Ireland, or Italy.

but not France. When England play France, I'll swing low.

God bless Hudson General.

The Fat
22-01-17, 14:01
I'm guessing there's a million of these getting around

Not Kurt Weaver
22-01-17, 15:01
I'm guessing there's a million of these getting around

He has appointed millionaires, but I can't think of any billionaires

OB..
22-01-17, 17:01
He has appointed millionaires, but I can't think of any billionaires.. which of course makes a radical difference.

SimonSmith
22-01-17, 18:01
He has appointed millionaires, but I can't think of any billionaires

Betsy De Vos
Wilbur Ross
Linda McMahon

L'irlandais
22-01-17, 20:01
.. which of course makes a radical difference.:sarc: I agree.
Since wanna be Billionaires are going to be less willing to close the door on growing inequalities.

Not Kurt Weaver
.. which of course makes a radical difference.

Well the difference between a millionaire and billionaire is 3 place units or 1000.

1000 is a rational number, but you are looking for a radical difference.

Expressed as a radical, the square root of 1000 is irrational, HOWEVER the cube root of 1000 is 10 which is rational.

So the radical difference could be both rational or irrational.

One billion, INTESTingly, is rational and its radical difference when cube rooted is also rational.

Based on this all billionaires are rational. That is the radical difference

Not Kurt Weaver
:sarc: I agree.
Since wanna be Billionaires are going to be less willing to close the door on growing inequalities.

Can you give me a law reference?, or is this based on your years of experience in rugby.

Not Kurt Weaver
Betsy De Vos
Wilbur Ross
Linda McMahon

Two women, you sexist SOB.

L'irlandais
23-01-17, 15:01
Can you give me a law reference?, or is this based on your years of experience in rugby.Given that I am skint most of the time, I have little experience of Billionaires. Well I have a Facebook account, so I suppose I could say I have a connection to Mark What's his name.

Please refer to Law 23 where it clearly states :
Law 23.9 (e) Millionaires joining a loose affiliation of Billionaires.
A millionaire joining a clusterfeck must bind on another millionaire or a billionaire, using the whole arm. The bind must either precede, or be simultaneous with, contact with any other part of the body of the millionaire joining the loose affiliation.
Failure to comply, Sanction : Do not pass "Go" do not collect $2million.Which makes me wonder why Americans consider 1,000 million to be a billion, when it clearly isn't. A rewrite of the LOTG is called for here. Currently no such thing as a 1,000,000,000,000aire!

Not Kurt Weaver
23-01-17, 16:01
Given that I am skint most of the time, I have little experience of Billionaires.

Which makes me wonder why Americans consider 1,000 million to be a billion, when it clearly isn't.

So you based your agreement with OB on your experience with millionaires that want to be billionaires?

Or was it just an off the cuff statement?

OB..
23-01-17, 16:01
Which makes me wonder why Americans consider 1,000 million to be a billion, when it clearly isn't.
In the UK a billion used to mean a million million. However scientists have accepted the US version so most of the rest of us follow suit for consistency. That means million = 10^6, billion = 10^9, trillion = 10^12 etc. Many US schools teach the value of octillion, vigintillion etc - no idea why.

didds
23-01-17, 17:01
some US school's also push creationism over evolution...

didds

Not Kurt Weaver
23-01-17, 21:01

didds

Some schools also do extensive work on apostrophes.

L'irlandais
23-01-17, 21:01
So you based your agreement with OB on your experience with millionaires that want to be billionaires?

Or was it just an off the cuff statement?"off the cuff", huh! :sarc: Next you will be accusing me of inventing rugby laws to support my opinion. You are just attempting to delegitimise my argument, that's all.

Not Kurt Weaver
23-01-17, 23:01
"off the cuff", huh! :sarc: Next you will be accusing me of inventing rugby laws to support my opinion. .

No, no , no Rugby is serious stuff. I will not accuse you of such treason.

You are just attempting to delegitimise my argument, that's all.

Yes, or legitimize your argument.

Neither of us knows any billionaires or million million aires or millards.

So I ask you you know any wanna be billionaires? If yes, have they indicated in any way that are not interested on closing the door on growing inequalities.

Can you also identify for me the two of these inequalities?

Not Kurt Weaver
23-01-17, 23:01

didds

Google search/ Yes 2 states allow creationism to be taught in public schools, and there are private schools that do receive federal funding that can also. BOTH states voted for Trump. ONE state has a Republican governor. the other a DEM.

I do suspect there are private schools that teach creationism, that may fall under that freedom or liberty malarkey.

Your statement is vague and misleading without even a note of evidence. It is no more factual than some US schools also push evolution over creationism.

You sir, are a neanderthal.

SimonSmith
24-01-17, 00:01
Google search/ Yes 2 states allow creationism to be taught in public schools, and there are private schools that do receive federal funding that can also. BOTH states voted for Trump. ONE state has a Republican governor. the other a DEM.

I do suspect there are private schools that teach creationism, that may fall under that freedom or liberty malarkey.

Your statement is vague and misleading without even a note of evidence. It is no more factual than some US schools also push evolution over creationism.

You sir, are a neanderthal.

A more detailed search shows that you are being economical with the verite:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_public_schools_mapped_where_tax_mon ey_supports_alternatives.html

didds
24-01-17, 00:01
Some schools also do extensive work on apostrophes.

god that was awful of me. Honestly I apologise. that was crap.

didds

Not Kurt Weaver
24-01-17, 03:01
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_public_schools_mapped_where_tax_mon ey_supports_alternatives.html

Yep, that is map I used also. Amazing how you and I interpret differently. Just shows how our indoctrinations differed.

I found no info that public schools teach creationism OVER evolution. Private schools may and may do whatever they want.

I'm sure you know The Slate is a liberal publication/site. The wording of article certainly shows a bias. Do you see it?, or am

I a lying neanderthal.

Rich_NL
24-01-17, 13:01
I found no info that public schools teach creationism OVER evolution. Private schools may and may do whatever they want.

Teaching them as scientifically equivalent, or even accounting creationism under scientific hypotheses, is fundamentally wrong-headed and a waste of funding (and time) for science education. Guided evolution is a just-so story, not a testable hypothesis.

Creationism as abiogenesis is suited to theology (or a case study in philosophy) - as are many other abiogenetic theories mooted as "scientific".

crossref
24-01-17, 14:01
Guys, Guys, what if some new referee comes here seeking guidance on the scientific validity of assisted evolution? Let's not confuse him..

Dickie E
When you lot miss your spot in Valhalla you'll be sorry then

didds
I've got my 72 virgins. Bugger Valhalla.

didds

L'irlandais
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_public_schools_mapped_where_tax_mon ey_supports_alternatives.htmlThat'd be vérité.

L'irlandais

Can you also identify for me the two of these inequalities?:pepper: Take your pick Stanford Edu publication (http://inequality.stanford.edu/publications/20-facts-about-us-inequality-everyone-should-know) on the subject.

SimonSmith
That'd be vérité.

To be honete, it would be if I knew how to put accents on....

DocY
That'd be vérité.

And what would be "alternative vérité"?

L'irlandais
Honnêtement, if you lived in France the problem would be the opposite. i.e. How to stop your spellchecker autocorrecting everything into French.

@DocY. vérité parallele, perhaps.

Not Kurt Weaver
24-01-17, 23:01
Neither of us knows any billionaires or million million aires or millards.

So I ask you you know any wanna be billionaires? If yes, have they indicated in any way that are not interested on closing the door on growing inequalities.

Can you also identify for me the two of these inequalities?

:pepper: Take your pick Stanford Edu publication (http://inequality.stanford.edu/publications/20-facts-about-us-inequality-everyone-should-know) on the subject.

Stanford? why not Cal Berkley ? you have got to be messing with me.

It is a 2011 article with some 2004 data. It is from Stanford. It is from the Stanford Inequality and Poverty Center?

If this data and report were current and it wasn't from Stanford, I see no evidence that wanna be millionaires are less concerned with growing inequalities as you stated in agreement with OB.

Not Kurt Weaver
24-01-17, 23:01

This statement is prejudice against wanna be billionaires.

I would like to be a billionaire or million million.

L'irlandais
25-01-17, 09:01
Stanford? why not Cal Berkley ? you have got to be messing with me.

It is a 2011 article with some 2004 data. It is from Stanford. It is from the Stanford Inequality and Poverty Center?

If this data and report were current and it wasn't from Stanford, I see no evidence that wanna be millionaires are less concerned with growing inequalities as you stated in agreement with OB.Now you are being irrational, most folks are wannabe millionaires at heart, and still manage to concern themselves with growing inequalities. There is a radical difference between such folks and wannabe billionaires.
The latter have been it a position to actually do something about the growing inequalities and instead prefer to increase their wealth. It strikes me, as a "pull up the ladder, Jack, I'm in!" mentality. Not convinced by the actions of Zuckerberg nor Mr. Apple, such fondations strike me as tax-dodges more than a genuine intention to end World poverty

Those who reached a thousand Million First, realised they would never make $#000,000,000,0000 in this lifetime and so lowered the bar, so to speak. Calling 1,000million a billion has not eased their longing for more, it would appear. I googled an answer to you request for two examples, if Cal Berkeley had shown up I would happily have posted their study. Should you find a link for the Cal Berkeley Inequality and Poverty Center, i would be delighted.

crossref
25-01-17, 10:01
we don't really have to rely on ou feelings and intuition here - there is lots of research

eg american billionaires give away more money than non-american billionaires
http://fortune.com/2015/12/11/billionaires-philanthropy-charity/

Here's a page of other interesting links
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=philanthropy+amongst+billioonaires&oq=philanthropy+amongst+billioonaires&aqs=chrome..69i57.15350j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=active&q=philanthropy+amongst+billionaires

crossref
25-01-17, 10:01
This statement is prejudice against wanna be billionaires.

I would like to be a billionaire or million million.

I wanna be be billionaire.. so f****g bad

Not Kurt Weaver
26-01-17, 00:01

I guess we are gonna try to do these things,

1. build a pipeline from US supplied/built steel with Canada

2. build a wall

3. stop visa issuance from 7 muslins countries for 30 days

4. stop payment of 200 million to Palestine

5. shut down ProRugby USA

SimonSmith
26-01-17, 01:01

1. build a pipeline from US supplied/built steel with Canada to enable Canada to sell stuff to China

2. build a wall and somehow magically get them to pay for it

3. stop visa issuance from 7 muslins countries for 30 days, very few of whom have committed any kind of atrocity in recent memory. (You may want to check your cloth ears on that)

4. stop payment of 200 million to Palestine because who the hell needs a two state solution?

5. shut down ProRugby USA We don need no help with that

Some expansion on your answers

Rushforth
26-01-17, 02:01
Dear America, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslin

Not Kurt Weaver
26-01-17, 03:01
Some expansion on your answers

my response to your expansions

4. stop payment of 200 million to Palestine because who the hell needs a two state solution? Which only justifies "never fight a ground war in Asia"

5. shut down ProRugby USA We don need no help with that You are officially a US rugby realist

The Fat
26-01-17, 07:01
We have always been told that the US President is the most powerful man in the world, but I have to say that I am still amazed how, with the stroke of a pen by way of an Executive Order, the President can chuck out legislation, agreements, treaties, whatever that I assume originally had to be debated/approved by either the Senate/Congress to be put in place. I obviously don't understand the American system of government.
The Trumpster is systematically tearing down everything that Obama put in place over the past eight years. I am interested to see what happens when he starts pumping his chest up to other leaders around the world. I'm sure that some of the first meetings will provide plenty of cringe worthy moments and probably much embarrassment to the majority of Americans.

crossref
26-01-17, 10:01
I am interested to see what happens when he starts pumping his chest up to other leaders around the world. I'm sure that some of the first meetings will provide plenty of cringe worthy moments and probably much embarrassment to the majority of Americans.

I am not at all sure it's wise for Theresa May to rush to the be first leader to meet Trump.
He's so unpredictable, I hope Mrs May isn't humiliated.

It might have been wiser to let a few other people go first, see how the land lies...

- - - Updated - - -

1. build a pipeline from US supplied/built steel with Canada

2. build a wall

3. stop visa issuance from 7 muslins countries for 30 days

4. stop payment of 200 million to Palestine

5. shut down ProRugby USA

don't forget the resumption of torture..

Not Kurt Weaver
26-01-17, 13:01
don't forget the resumption of torture..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-claims-torture-absolutely-works-tv-interview-article-1.2955962

at about 15:24 in interview, Trump explains his view on torture,

Not Kurt Weaver
26-01-17, 13:01
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-claims-torture-absolutely-works-tv-interview-article-1.2955962

at about 15:24 in interview, Trump explains his view on torture,

correction 14:25

beckett50
26-01-17, 15:01
Scary stuff.

Not Kurt Weaver
27-01-17, 00:01
the Russians hacked my last link

try this at 4:40, it scared beckett50, do you think terrorists are scared? I don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6UrD6LKfCk

SimonSmith
27-01-17, 03:01
I've had enough. Trump, and his ilk, are batshit crazy. They defend the indefensible. If anyone would like to challenge that, take it up with my security detail. The ones who sound like Tony Soprano hired them and are sat in a Chevy outside my house.

Because everyone should be able to carry a big chambered long arm. **** that. **** Trump. And **** anyone who thinks he's OK

The Fat
27-01-17, 03:01
I've had enough. Trump, and his ilk, are batshit crazy. They defend the indefensible. If anyone would like to challenge that, take it up with my security detail. The ones who sound like Tony Soprano hired them and are sat in a Chevy outside my house.

Because everyone should be able to carry a big chambered long arm. **** that. **** Trump. And **** anyone who thinks he's OK

Forum only allows me to post 1 Like to this.

If the snippet I just caught the end of over my radio was the British PM, then that makes 2 US Presidents I know of who have received a blow job while in office

Not Kurt Weaver
27-01-17, 04:01

Simon, I bought a pair of Wrangler 4x4 stretch jeans at Walmart. They are the same kind Brett Favre wears. Wally world also has dry fit boxer briefs by Hanes. Life ain't that bad. The sun will come up tomorrow.

I will post every hour on the hour, please reply within 5 minutes of each hourly post. Do I need to contact your ref society to set up watch group to "check in" of your well being.

didds
27-01-17, 10:01
He's a cockwomble and a hoofwanking bunglecunt.

How the US people ever thought the Mexicans were ever going to pay over 25 BILLION USD to build the wall, plus ongoing maintenance costs defeats me. The only way I truly see it happening is if there are export tariffs to Mexico so any US goods sold there attract taxes. Which will really help the US economy and trade - mmm.. Import tarriffs won;t work because all that will do is make the struff that the USA has become accustomed to having at $ now cost $$ or $$$ instead. So the US citizens will end up paying for the wall anyway!

How will a wall stop people swimming around the ends? Let alone flying over the top and overstaying visas?

Twat.

didds

Not Kurt Weaver
27-01-17, 12:01

How will a wall stop people swimming around the ends? Let alone flying over the top and overstaying visas?

Twat.

didds

Don't sugar coat your responses. Try those jeans I told Simon about. or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8tVxk6Nj4

The genitalia references are hard to understand. I've had to use the urban dictionary to figure out just what u r saying. I'm not familiar with the Appeal to genitals argument.

Not Kurt Weaver
deleted for vulgarity

Not Kurt Weaver
I will post every hour on the hour, please reply within 5 minutes of each hourly post. Do I need to contact your ref society to set up watch group to "check in" of your well being.

Simon, did you make it through the night? sorry dude, i feel asleep watching RL and forgot all about you til this morning.

Not Kurt Weaver
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQylAGThK68

this one is best

Not Kurt Weaver
https://lockerdome.com/eventhorizon/teresamay

found this picture of PM on a google search

Phil E

Don't forget tunnelling underneath it, which they already do to get drugs into the USA....hasn't Trump watched Fast and Furious?

The Fat
27-01-17, 13:01
https://www.facebook.com/TheProjectTV/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
Not sure if you need facebook to view this

Lee Lifeson-Peart
27-01-17, 14:01
To be honete, it would be if I knew how to put accents on....

Don't you put on a Scots accent around this time of year?

Not Kurt Weaver
27-01-17, 14:01
Not sure if you need facebook to view this

Do Australians recognize when media is attempting to manipulate thought? Is this a reputable news source? (this my be my only serious ? on this thread)

This greatly hampers my hope for your 51st status.

dave_clark
27-01-17, 19:01

Twat.

this. this with bells on.

didds - you obviously read the same stuff as mrs dave - she's the only other person who i've heard use either of the first two phrases you used.

The Fat
27-01-17, 21:01
Do Australians recognize when media is attempting to manipulate thought? Is this a reputable news source? (this my be my only serious ? on this thread)

This greatly hampers my hope for your 51st status.

So how many of the items they listed on The Project DIDN'T the Trumpster do?
I believe Trump is one seriously loose canon who doesn't handle criticism well .....er....at all, and is now the Commander in Chief of a military that has some scary shit in its arsenal. Now that may not be a problem in itself, but when you throw in a couple of other nut-case world leaders who have similar scary shit and who also don't take criticism well, you now have an extremely worrying situation for ALL of us.
The Project is a nightly "current affairs" show that mixes a dash of humour with the daily news. However, they do attempt to cut through the bullshit and present the facts. Most of the list from the video in question, I have read progressively on a daily basis from your mainstream US media. Has Trump done all of this in his first week or is he correct in his views on the media?:chin:

beckett50
27-01-17, 21:01
I believe Trump is one seriously loose canon who doesn't handle criticism well .....er....at all, and is now the Commander in Chief of a military that has some scary shit in its arsenal. Now that may not be a problem in itself, but when you throw in a couple of other nut-case world leaders who have similar scary shit and who also don't take criticism well, you now have an extremely worrying situation for ALL of us.
The Project is a nightly "current affairs" show that mixes a dash of humour with the daily news. However, they do attempt to cut through the bullshit and present the facts. Most of the list from the video in question, I have read progressively on a daily basis from your mainstream US media. Has Trump done all of this in his first week or is he correct in his views on the media?:chin:

Which is why the Doomsday Clock has moved forward to 2.5 minutes to Midnight - for the first time in years!!

Not Kurt Weaver
27-01-17, 23:01
Which is why the Doomsday Clock has moved forward to 2.5 minutes to Midnight - for the first time in years!!

probably all, overlaoding with info is part of the spin/slant
Most of the list from the video in question, I have read progressively on a daily basis from your mainstream US media.Mainstream US media is sensationalism for ratings contest. They are also liberal Has Trump done all of this in his first week or is he correct in his views on the media?:chin: Both you are witnessing spin

Becket's quote above could easily be written. "Doomsday clock changes 30 seconds, the smallest fractional change ever" This is spun and just as accurate as Becket's

During the campaign Trump frequently was quoted that Hilary wanted to increase Syrian refugees by 500%
This is completely accurate. The numbers she wanted was 60,000 from 10,000 Obama had planned.
This was Trumps spin. the real problem that wasn't addressed was the 10,000 from ?how many million Syrian refugees, which the US essentially caused (the red line in the sand thing)

The Fat
28-01-17, 00:01
Q. So how many of the items they listed on The Project DIDN'T the Trumpster do?

A. probably all, overlaoding with info is part of the spin/slant

So are you suggesting Trump sat in the kitchen, eating biscuits and drinking his milk like a good boy while the media made up stories about
- building a wall
- getting "The Codes"
- putting a gag on environmental agencies
- building a pipeline
- chucking a hissy whenever someone suggested his inauguration crowds were less than Obama's
- his aids creating the new phrase "Alternative facts"
- etc etc etc

Not Kurt Weaver
28-01-17, 01:01
Q. So how many of the items they listed on The Project DIDN'T the Trumpster do?

A. probably all, overlaoding with info is part of the spin/slant

So are you suggesting Trump sat in the kitchen, eating biscuits and drinking his milk like a good boy while the media made up stories about
- building a wall
- getting "The Codes"
- putting a gag on environmental agencies
- building a pipeline
- chucking a hissy whenever someone suggested his inauguration crowds were less than Obama's
- his aids creating the new phrase "Alternative facts"
- etc etc etc

I answered that poorly, I couldn't really answer "he didn't do none of them" He probably did all of them.

By overloading the number of items, each with subtle or obvious slant, the totality gives an indefensible impression. Each item would need analyzed for pro and con to be defended.

For instance, Trump dismisses climate change by resurrecting failed
pipeline , when Trump lifts stoppage order on pipeline. Both are covering the same topic, but you have to catch the slant.

You are guilty of this yourself. "chucking a hissy" . All we need is a presentation of facts. A headcount wasn't possible, but satellite are pretty darn accurate. Calling it the largest inauguration is just slant.

Obama had 14 inaugural balls, Trump had 3. Slanted that indicates Obama is an elitist and no one like Trump. Trump's counter slant is he had less to donate excess $ to charity.

You gotta know this happens on both sides. When you appreciate one slant more than another, congrats you have been indoctrinated.

Watch this. Obama was the first African American US President. Obama was the first black US president.
Obama was the first known mixed race president. Which is correct? the answer depends on answerers indoctrination.

The Fat
28-01-17, 02:01
Could we at least chip in to get the Trumpster an English tutor? He talks in half sentences and ramblings that, by the end of an interview or speech, leave you asking, "WTF did he just say? Anybody understand what the President just said?"

He then switched gear to slam "obstructionist" Democrat politicians who were blocking his Cabinet nominations and leaking details of private meetings.

"I'll tell you what they're obstructionists," he said. "I go to a meeting with them that's supposed to be a very quiet meeting."

"Nobody talking outside of the meeting. They leave the meeting and they have a news conference about what I said," he added, referring to his leaked remarks at a gathering with congressional leaders that he believed that illegal votes by immigrants lost him the popular vote in the election.

"They're talking to the cameras about exactly what I said at the meeting, which is fine because I say things that I don't mind going out, because I assume they're going to do that.

"But the deal was, we wouldn't talk to the press. And they go out and they talk to the press," he added.

He said the delays in the confirmation process was "not fair" and insisted that building up the US military was more important to him than balancing the budget.

"I want a balanced budget eventually," he said. "But I want to have a strong military. To me that's much more important than anything.

"We have a military that's really depleted. And I'm negotiating the price of airplanes, can you believe this? But I understand airplanes. I've bought a lot of airplanes."

didds
28-01-17, 09:01
I've bought a lot of doughnuts. I kno about doughnuts. Doughnuts are great, wonderful. I love doughnuts. Really.

What a twat.

L'irlandais
28-01-17, 11:01
And what would be "alternative vérité"?I found this (http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/monde/amerique-nord/les-ventes-de-1984-d-orwell-dopees-par-les-alternative-facts-de-l-equipe-trump_1872882.html), in the context of the novel 1984 ;
"faits alternatifs" ("alternative facts)
The whole issue about the wall, is a red herring. Building a wall will only create a problem for migratory animal populations. Construction problems of building on shifting sands and swamp areas are insurmountable, thankfully.
The vast majority of illegals in the USA enter the country on holiday visas, then overstay their visa. The notion that millions of people are crossing desert borders, simply shows how little Gonald Dump understands the key issues facing his government. If he spent the $20billion on fixing inner city problems he'd reduce crime/drugs/gang far more, than the stupid wall. The wall itself will have zero effect on drugs coming into the USA, since practically all drugs come in thru' manned border check points, hidden in various ways. Stupid is, as stupid does. Just scary à world leader can be so ill advised by his staff.

In some ways, the new administration knows they cannot fix the illlegals issue, so they build a wall instead.
Then in four years time, he can say "I said I'd build a wall, and I built one." ( The fact building it, solves absolutely nothing, will be beside the point.")

The climate change issue, sees them using the Philip Morris approach of disinformation. i.e. If changes will affects your profit margins, then create pseudoscientific "evidence" to show the problem doesn't exist.

People made fun of JFK's Berlin speech turn of phrase "Ich bin ein Berliner".
However in the case of Mr. Tonald Grump it rings true, this president genuinely is a doughnut. In bodyshape, in mindset and in the spirit of his world view.

Rushforth
28-01-17, 13:01

You omitted " an anglais - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b3XTj5G_SA ?

Not Kurt Weaver
28-01-17, 21:01
The whole issue about the wall, is a red herring. Building a wall will only create a problem for migratory animal populations. Construction problems of building on shifting sands and swamp areas are insurmountable, thankfully.
The vast majority of illegals in the USA enter the country on holiday visas, then overstay their visa. The notion that millions of people are crossing desert borders, simply shows how little Gonald Dump understands the key issues facing his government. If he spent the $20billion on fixing inner city problems he'd reduce crime/drugs/gang far more, than the stupid wall. The wall itself will have zero effect on drugs coming into the USA, since practically all drugs come in thru' manned border check points, hidden in various ways. Stupid is, as stupid does. Just scary à world leader can be so ill advised by his staff.

from the last paragraph of this article, BTW journalists use an inverted pyramid for filler text that can be eliminated
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/sep/08/jorge-ramos/ramos-40-undocumented-immigrants-come-air/

"One difference between overstayers and those who enter unlawfully is that overstayers have been screened and found admissible at least once, while those who enter another way -- mostly by crossing the border, or passing illegally through a port of entry -- could include people who would be inadmissible, because they have committed serious crimes or are on a security watchlist," Rosenblum said. "This is a legitimate reason to be more focused on illegal entries than overstayers."

Not Kurt Weaver
I found this (http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/monde/amerique-nord/les-ventes-de-1984-d-orwell-dopees-par-les-alternative-facts-de-l-equipe-trump_1872882.html), in the context of the novel 1984 ;

In some ways, the new administration knows they cannot fix the illlegals issue, so they build a wall instead.
Then in four years time, he can say "I said I'd build a wall, and I built one." ( The fact building it, solves absolutely nothing, will be beside the point.")

The climate change issue, sees them using the Philip Morris approach of disinformation. i.e. If changes will affects your profit margins, then create pseudoscientific "evidence" to show the problem doesn't exist.

People made fun of JFK's Berlin speech turn of phrase "Ich bin ein Berliner".
However in the case of Mr. Tonald Grump it rings true, this president genuinely is a doughnut. In bodyshape, in mindset and in the spirit of his world view.

Don't forget tunnelling underneath it, which they already do to get drugs into the USA....hasn't Trump watched Fast and Furious?

Who do I believe?

Not Kurt Weaver
If he spent the $20billion on fixing inner city problems he'd reduce crime/drugs/gang far more, than the stupid wall.

I agree, problem is that is has been done. Doesn't work. W/o a google search most large city have Democrat as mayor. I check and then publish result

Not Kurt Weaver
first link

Ballotpedia provides in-depth coverage of America's 100 largest cities based on official population figures provided by the United States Census Bureau. Entering 2016, the mayors of these cities had the following political affiliation: 67 Democrats, 27 Republicans, three independents, and three unknown affiliations.

Dem Dems ain't gettin her done.

The Fat
28-01-17, 23:01
first link

Ballotpedia provides in-depth coverage of America's 100 largest cities based on official population figures provided by the United States Census Bureau. Entering 2016, the mayors of these cities had the following political affiliation: 67 Democrats, 27 Republicans, three independents, and three unknown affiliations.

Dem Dems ain't gettin her done.

That may be true, but surely, with a population of over 300 million, the Republicans would have had at least 1 candidate who is smarter than DT? I know that the argument will be that you don't get to Trump's position as a businessman by being stupid, but there are plenty of millionaires/billionaires who don't have the political nous to run a country. The main argument for people supporting Trump seems to be that
(a) He is a successful business man so he must be able to run a country
(b) He says the shit a lot of Americans want to hear (even if some of his promises are undeliverable)

L'irlandais
29-01-17, 00:01
Certainly both sides are adept in using half truths.
Phil is not wrong in suggesting that tunnels have been used, however there is much evidence (https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs38/38661/movement.htm)to suggest that Land,sea and air are being used too.

If USA spent as much money on social problems as it does on the military, poverty would have been eliminated along time ago in the states. The rise of Gangs in the military is pretty scary, since they are returning to the streets are a short 4 year stint, with military training to use against the cops.

Not Kurt Weaver
29-01-17, 01:01
Certainly both sides are adept in using half truths. so are you
Phil is not wrong in suggesting that tunnels have been used, however there is much evidence (https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs38/38661/movement.htm)to suggest that Land,sea and air are being used too. The wall itself will have zero effect on drugs coming into the USA, since practically all drugs come in thru' manned border check points, hidden in various ways.

If USA spent as much money on social problems as it does on the military, poverty would have been eliminated along time ago in the states.
We have entitlement programs, affirmative action, and we even had a black president. The real problem is destruction of family unit [COLOR="#0000CD"]The only military spending I am directly aware of was a peacekeeping force in Sinai peninsula which has 11 nations involved. It is completely funded by USA, all other nations have removed monetary funding. I think we should fund that /COLOR]. The rise of Gangs in the military is pretty scary, since they are returning to the streets are a short 4 year stint, with military training to use against the cops. First I heard about military gangs, we have had individual shooters that are past military. One would need to know the soldier's MOS (military speciaility) to draw any conclusion on training and skill developed.

Don't get sucked in to the rhetoric from the left. You can certainly count the # of French civilians killed by Allied forces at Normandy. Or France can supply land to bury allied.

Not Kurt Weaver
29-01-17, 02:01
I've bought a lot of doughnuts. I kno about doughnuts. Doughnuts are great, wonderful. I love doughnuts. Really.

What a twat.
http://desirablei.com/113/?voluumdata=BASE64dmlkLi4wMDAwMDAwMi03NzE3LTRmOTMt ODAwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDBfX3ZwaWQuLjQyNDhlODAwLWU1Ym UtMTFlNi04YjRjLTI5YjU0OGY0MTkzYl9fY2FpZC4uNDAyODNi YzItYjNlOC00NjM3LWEwMjktODRiYTk2ODczZWRhX19ydC4uUl 9fbGlkLi5iNWZiOGY5ZS1iYmM5LTQ0YzYtOGJjYi04Mjk4YWNm OTkwZmRfX29pZDEuLjdlZTNiNWViLWMxMGItNDAxOC04Zjc1LT U5ZjhlOTNjYjI5Yl9fdmFyMS4uMDAwNzdhZjljY2RkNDBjNTFl YWQzNWJmNTdhZGYxZDhjMF9fdmFyMi4uMDA2YmEyODFkNzgyNz ZhMzQ0NDg2ZTFmMjJiYzI3NTM0OF9fdmFyMy4uVHJ1bXAgSW5h dWd1cmF0aW9uIENvaW4gSGFzIExpYmVyYWxzIEZ1cmlvdXNfX3 JkLi5wYWlkXC5cb3V0YnJhaW5cLlxjb21fX2FpZC4uX19hYi4u X19zaWQuLg&origsrcid=00077af9ccdd40c51ead35bf57adf1d8c0&adid=006ba281d78276a344486e1f22bc275348&adtitle=Trump%20Inauguration%20Coin%20Has%20Libera ls%20Furious

Pegleg
01-02-17, 09:02

How the US people ever thought the Mexicans were ever going to pay over 25 BILLION USD to build the wall, plus ongoing maintenance costs defeats me. The only way I truly see it happening is if there are export tariffs to Mexico so any US goods sold there attract taxes. Which will really help the US economy and trade - mmm.. Import tarriffs won;t work because all that will do is make the struff that the USA has become accustomed to having at $ now cost $$ or $$$ instead. So the US citizens will end up paying for the wall anyway!

Twat.

didds

All we need is a wall on the Mexican border and another on the Canadian, sharks in the see and then the rest of the world can put a roof on and that shoud keep the Tru,p and his idiots IN. The world will be a safer place without America's "Help".

crossref
01-02-17, 09:02
Not wanting to topple anyone off their anti American high horse, but meanwhile some news on the border wall under construction that the EU are paying for
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN11Y1MB?client=ms-android-google

Pegleg
01-02-17, 10:02
This has been subject of debate and condemnation for some time. Not sure why you seem to try to legitimise what the US is doing because of this. As an aside, how much is it costing the EU? Can you provide a link?

L'irlandais
01-02-17, 10:02
Spain have similar http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/general/2007/11/2008525183732945911.html (admittedly Al Jazeera is exteremely anti Western, little short of an Arab propaganda channel dressed up as cultural TV. But an outside view of Europe, can be useful to temper our own certainties.)

The U.K. Is spending millions on a wall in Calais. https://www.ft.com/content/5ebf2d16-360e-11e5-b05b-b01debd57852
If post Brexit the border control is moved to Calais, queue multiple drownings as desperate migrants attempt the channel crossing.

@NKW. Certainly estimates exist for Caen, but not for the whole campaign. It is unknown how many civilians were killed (collateral damage) as the allied army swept thru' Europe. GI's cleared buildings by chucking grenades in cellars, Understandable that nobody wanted to risk their lives unnecessarily at 3 months for the end of the war, but surely irresponsible given the evidence that the civilian population survived shelling by sheltering in their cellars. men, women and children needlessly killed. Not to mention the number of rapes committed in Germany as the Americians did not see themselves as liberating Germany from the Nazi yoke, but rather as conquering the country. Funny it was the GIs that behaved like cowboys and not other allied troops. Allied post war propaganda played down "our" war crimes, preferring to stigmatize Germans and Japanese. Sad, since in words attributed to Winston Churchill ; Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it. The sheer size of the gang problem within the US military bears this out. Only not having a quick fix solution the US high command prefer not to acknowledge the existence of the problem.

ChrisR
01-02-17, 11:02
All we need is a wall on the Mexican border and another on the Canadian, sharks in the see and then the rest of the world can put a roof on and that shoud keep the Tru,p and his idiots IN. The world will be a safer place without America's "Help".

Pegleg, the wall would only hinder the Mexicans returning home (more are leaving than arriving) and the Americans fleeing to Canada. We already have the sharks but they don't seem to be helping much.

As for American "Help" would you rather have Russia and China step in?

crossref
01-02-17, 11:02
This has been subject of debate and condemnation for some time. Not sure why you seem to try to legitimise what the US is doing because of this. As an aside, how much is it costing the EU? Can you provide a link?

what do you mean by legitimise? Like it not: Trump's wall is clearly legitimate, and furthermore he has a strong democratic mandate for it.

I don't like border walls, but let's not pretend that Trump is going out on a limb on this one --

european walls in general
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/europe-border-walls-trump_us_57fbc9b1e4b0b6a430345103

world walls in general
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html

EU giving Turkey six billion euros
https://www.wsj.com/articles/turkey-and-eu-at-odds-over-funding-delivery-1464028044

Pegleg
01-02-17, 12:02
what do you mean by legitimise? Like it not: Trump's wall is clearly legitimate, and furthermore he has a strong democratic mandate for it.

I don't like border walls, but let's not pretend that Trump is going out on a limb on this one --

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/europe-border-walls-trump_us_57fbc9b1e4b0b6a430345103

world walls in general
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/turkey-and-eu-at-odds-over-funding-delivery-1464028044

Read your links properly. The aid is to not to pay for the wall. It is about a range of issues regarding the refugee crisis. You don't work for the Sun by any chance? Twisting the truth is their M.O.

The walls (both of them) are an afront to decency, damaging to wildlife and ultimately ineffectual.

Pegleg
01-02-17, 13:02
Pegleg, the wall would only hinder the Mexicans returning home (more are leaving than arriving) and the Americans fleeing to Canada. We already have the sharks but they don't seem to be helping much.

The wall will hinder no illegal. I don't want "help" from Trump or his friend Putin or tyhe Chineses thanks. not sure why not wanting help from the US of A means I would want Russia or China messing things up either. You'll have to explain that one.

The middle east is a product of meddling from the "super powers" and now Trump and Putin are "best mates". The sooner America retreats into its own bubble the better.

crossref
01-02-17, 14:02
Read your links properly. The aid is to not to pay for the wall. It is about a range of issues regarding the refugee crisis. You don't work for the Sun by any chance? Twisting the truth is their M.O..

you are technically correct, but also being naive -- Turkey and EU have made a comprehensive deal on refugees, the outcome of which is that Turkey is looking after millions of refugees who might otherwise come to EU, and also building a wall to stop more coming in. The EU has promised Turks will get some freedom of travel, and are also paying 6bn euros. It's all part of the deal.

SimonSmith
01-02-17, 14:02

world walls in general

Let's be clear: he lost the popular vote, and not by a little.
He won via the Electoral College - fair enough, that's the system that's in play.

But let's not pretend he has an overwhelming mandate, or indeed mandate at all.

Not Kurt Weaver
01-02-17, 15:02
Don't get sucked in to the rhetoric from the left. You can certainly count the # of French civilians killed by Allied forces at Normandy. Or France can supply land to bury allied.

My intent of this statement was to show you how easily beliefs can be supported with slanted wording.

@NKW. Certainly estimates exist for Caen, but not for the whole campaign. It is unknown how many civilians were killed (collateral damage) as the allied army swept thru' Europe. GI's cleared buildings by chucking grenades in cellars, Understandable that nobody wanted to risk their lives unnecessarily at 3 months for the end of the war, but surely irresponsible given the evidence that the civilian population survived shelling by sheltering in their cellars. men, women and children needlessly killed. Not to mention the number of rapes committed in Germany as the Americians did not see themselves as liberating Germany from the Nazi yoke, but rather as conquering the country. Funny it was the GIs that behaved like cowboys and not other allied troops.

Do you realize your slant?, I know we read, watch, and respond to things that align with our beliefs. But you are using propaganda similarly.

The sheer size of the gang problem within the US military bears this out. Only not having a quick fix solution the US high command prefer not to acknowledge the existence of the problem.how do possibly know this? are you in a position/job to know this info?, or is it speculation

The rise of Gangs in the military is pretty scary, since they are returning to the streets are a short 4 year stint, with military training to use against the cops.

It is 8 short years of obligation, 4 would be active duty. Remaining 4 is called inactive ready reserve, a service member can be called to return as needed.

If the gang members are good soldiers, we can't complain. American males are subject to wussification, it is hard to find the courageous. bold is my personal slant

Not Kurt Weaver
He won via the Electoral College - fair enough, that's the system that's in play.

I agree with the Bold, but not completely red. It is a minor mandate from the majority of states. We are 50 states, 2 electors worth per state.

The 'mandate' is misused by all. not sure what constitutes a mandate. Obama thought he had a mandate also. 2010 mid term elections changed that.

crossref
when you win an election you have a democratic mandate to implement the central pledges you make in the campaign (you also have a democratic obligation to implement them)

Trump won the election
the wall was clearly a central pledge in the campaign

Not Kurt Weaver
01-02-17, 16:02
when you win an election you have a democratic mandate to implement the central pledges you make in the campaign (you also have a democratic obligation to implement them)

Trump won the election

Not sure of the obligation portion, but authority to implement you are correct by definition.

man·date
ˈmanˌdāt/Submit
noun
an official order or commission to do something.
"a mandate to seek the release of political prisoners"
synonyms: instruction, directive, decree, command, order, injunction, edict, charge, commission, bidding, ruling, fiat; formalordinance
"a mandate from the UN"
the authority to carry out a policy or course of action, regarded as given by the electorate to a candidate or party that is victorious in an election.
"a sick leader living beyond his mandate"
synonyms: authority, approval, acceptance, ratification, endorsement, sanction, authorization
"they won a mandate to form the government"
verb
give (someone) authority to act in a certain way.
"other colleges have mandated coed fraternities"
synonyms: instruct, order, direct, command, tell, require, charge, call on
"they were mandated to strike"
historical
assign (territory) under a mandate of the League of Nations.
"mandated territories"

crossref
01-02-17, 16:02
Not sure of the obligation portion, but authority to implement you are correct by definition.

why are you not sure ? if you are elected with a central promise to do X then clearly you have an obligation to do X (or at least to attempt it, if X is very difficult)

otherwise it's called breaking your election promises.

In this particular case I think Trump certainly had a democratic obligation to deliver his promise on the wall.

SimonSmith
01-02-17, 18:02
why are you not sure ? if you are elected with a central promise to do X then clearly you have an obligation to do X (or at least to attempt it, if X is very difficult)

otherwise it's called breaking your election promises.

In this particular case I think Trump certainly had a democratic obligation to deliver his promise on the wall.

With the caveat, don't forget, that Mexico was going to pay for it. Which isn't actually going to happen.

He's jeopardizing a lot of votes in key Republican states. Eminent Domain won't be uniformly popular; tariffs, if there is a tariff war, will go down very badly with the farmers...

OB..
01-02-17, 18:02
In this particular case I think Trump certainly had a democratic obligation to deliver his promise on the wall.Does that apply to every promise he made when electioneering? How do we know which ones actually affected the result? There could well be some that only a minority approved of.

The matter of fulfilling election promises really goes more to credibility when it comes to re-election (even if you break every available pie-crust).

Phil E
01-02-17, 20:02
The world is full of broken election promises......in this country as well as the US.
Politicians just don't care anymore. Win at all costs.

crossref
01-02-17, 21:02
The world is full of broken election promises......in this country as well as the US.
Politicians just don't care anymore. Win at all costs.

that's Trump's message! that's exactly why they voted for him, they believed his promises, and thought he would deliver

crossref
01-02-17, 21:02
Does that apply to every promise he made when electioneering? How do we know which ones actually affected the result? There could well be some that only a minority approved of.

The wall wasn't a peripheral throw away promise - it was a central plank of his campaign (as I am sure you agree)

It was perhaps the #1 commitment he made?

Pegleg
01-02-17, 22:02
you are technically correct, but also being naive -- Turkey and EU have made a comprehensive deal on refugees, the outcome of which is that Turkey is looking after millions of refugees who might otherwise come to EU, and also building a wall to stop more coming in. The EU has promised Turks will get some freedom of travel, and are also paying 6bn euros. It's all part of the deal.

Not being naive at all. You're suggesting that it's all about the wall it is not. This wall as with the US one will also fail as there are so many other ways in.

The walls (both of them) are about duping those of the electorate to stupid to realise they are being taken for mugs.

Pegleg

To say he has no madate is simply wrong. The system gives him a mandate. The system is, of course, flawed. However, it is the methed by which a mandate is given. It's the same for both parties. Change it by all means but you can't say it has not given a mandate.

The rules may not be fair but both sides signed up to them so move on.

However, There is a question of the constitution. There are claims that some of what Trump is doing is against the US constitution. Whatever his mandate (large or small) he cannot override the constitution.

Pegleg

Trump won the election

How does he build a wall on land that is not his upon which to build? He can't have a mandate to act illegally or, as stated above, unconstitutionally.

Of course the legal issues can be overcome but that will take time, a lot of time, to do lawfully.

Pegleg

With the caveat, don't forget, that Mexico was going to pay for it. Which isn't actually going to happen.

Indeed a mandate to deliver something he has no legal ability to demand is done.

Not Kurt Weaver
02-02-17, 22:02

Does England have any?

Not Kurt Weaver

The wall will hinder no illegal. If it hinders one, this statement isn't true, just retoric I don't want "help" from Trump or his friend Putin or tyhe Chineses thanks. not sure why not wanting help from the US of A means I would want Russia or China messing things up either. You'll have to explain that one.

These countries do not mind the help. Not sure where your country may be, I can't tell by your profile?

http://beta.foreignassistance.gov/explore

To pay for the wall? Maybe Mexico will be willing to forego its assistance.

Not Kurt Weaver
How does he build a wall on land that is not his upon which to build? He can't have a mandate to act illegally or, as stated above, unconstitutionally.

Of course the legal issues can be overcome but that will take time, a lot of time, to do lawfully.

This article seems unbiased, please note portion already fenced or occupied. It also explains how wall could be completed. I read a story recently about a tribe that owns property on both sides. That will be difficult or expensive.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37243269

crossref
Does England have any?

Great Britain being an island, not much call for walls

We used to have a pretty fierce border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, back in the days of the troubles. But not now

Not Kurt Weaver
Great Britain being an island, not much call for walls

I kinda knew that, I was conquering your ethos.

We used to have a pretty fierce border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, back in the days of the troubles. But not now

How were they separated? would a wall been a good idea?

chbg
02-02-17, 23:02
Does England have any?

Used to - Offa's Dyke (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offa's_Dyke); Hadrian's Wall (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian%27s_Wall)

The Fat
The man is a cock head who does not understand the importance of certain allies and just wants to make out he is the biggest bully in the room.
He thinks that his chest beating shows how tough he is and cannot see that he is turning America into the butt of jokes around the world.
I truely feel for the good people in the US

chbg

Might have been fierce at crossing points, but pretty permeable when farmers' land straddled it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Murphy_(Irish_republican)).

L'irlandais
Does England have any?
I answered that in my #123. England has paid millions to build a (very short stretch of) wall on French soil. After Brexit there is a strong chance U.K. Border control will have to relocate to the English side of the channel.

Northern Ireland's Peace walls (http://www.citylab.com/politics/2016/08/belfast-peace-walls-demolition/496070/) were internal, (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8121228.stm#back) not sure many of them were built on the actually border, since the South was not the enemy. Certainly elements within took advantage of the porous border to bug out when it suited them. Building those walls solved little, taking them down won't solve much either.

Yanks get on with your neighbours, FFS!

Not Kurt Weaver
03-02-17, 00:02
The U.K. Is spending millions on a wall in Calais. https://www.ft.com/content/5ebf2d16-360e-11e5-b05b-b01debd57852
If post Brexit the border control is moved to Calais, queue multiple drownings as desperate migrants attempt the channel crossing.

From #123, sounds like refugees are dying to get out of France

LL see Bold, you've done it again Millions is vague and misleading. I've read two articles that have this wall at 2.6 million. so in fact it is millions, but a bit of specificity might lighten the slant

Not Kurt Weaver
03-02-17, 00:02

The man is a cock head who does not understand the importance of certain allies and just wants to make out he is the biggest bully in the room.
He thinks that his chest beating shows how tough he is and cannot see that he is turning America into the butt of jokes around the world.

Fat, I rearranged that for you. It has been impressed upon me by a higher authority to always start with something positive before being critical. For instance, before telling me to f off, you could say "my friend, please f off"

didds
03-02-17, 09:02
Used to - Offa's Dyke (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offa's_Dyke); Hadrian's Wall (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian%27s_Wall)

Ah! The wall was built by Romans not by Englishmen . A dyke is not a wall.

��

Didds

The Fat
03-02-17, 13:02
Hold the phone.
There is another nut-job in the White House.
Step forward and take a bow.............. Kellyanne Conway

Note:
Sean (our crowd was bigger than your crowd) Spicer running a close 3rd but not sure if he is under the threat of being fired if he doesn't say what DT wants said via his Press Secretary or if he is just full of spin & BS as well

Not Kurt Weaver
. A dyke is not a wall.

Didds

Hold the phone.
There is another nut-job in the White House.
Step forward and take a bow.............. Kellyanne Conway

l

Kellyanne is not a dyke.

ChrisR

He clearly doesn't appreciate the connection between the USA and Australia.

During my time in Oz (1969 - 72) I came to believe that Australians identified with Californians and other West Coasters. Perhaps that's the problem as they (West Coasters) overwhelmingly voted for Clinton.

beckett50
Might have been fierce at crossing points, but pretty permeable when farmers' land straddled it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Murphy_(Irish_republican)).

and sniper rounds :o)

Not Kurt Weaver
03-02-17, 14:02

Just read this about OZ and Trump. Is this about the 1250 refugees that Obama pledged to take off Australia's.

Fat does Australia have any walls?, looks like Oz didn't want refugess either.

from article. www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/us/politics/us-australia-trump-turnbull.html?_r=0

Mr. Turnbull again stated that Australia’s relationship with the United States remained robust, but if the deal to resettle the refugees falls through, Canberra will be left with a seemingly intractable political problem at home.

The Australian government has a policy that bars any refugees who attempted to arrive by boat from ever setting foot in the country. The majority of the refugees being held on the Pacific islands of Nauru and Manus are from Iran and Iraq. Both are Muslim-majority nations that are among the seven countries — including Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen — whose citizens are barred from entering the United States for at least 90 days under an executive order signed by Mr. Trump last week.

BTW, when military needs are a must, Oz and US will always stand together. This is minor and will not cause divide. by NKW

The Fat
03-02-17, 21:02
Just read this about OZ and Trump. Is this about the 1250 refugees that Obama pledged to take off Australia's.

Fat does Australia have any walls?, looks like Oz didn't want refugess either.

from article. www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/us/politics/us-australia-trump-turnbull.html?_r=0

Mr. Turnbull again stated that Australia’s relationship with the United States remained robust, but if the deal to resettle the refugees falls through, Canberra will be left with a seemingly intractable political problem at home.

The Australian government has a policy that bars any refugees who attempted to arrive by boat from ever setting foot in the country. The majority of the refugees being held on the Pacific islands of Nauru and Manus are from Iran and Iraq. Both are Muslim-majority nations that are among the seven countries — including Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen — whose citizens are barred from entering the United States for at least 90 days under an executive order signed by Mr. Trump last week.

BTW, when military needs are a must, Oz and US will always stand together. This is minor and will not cause divide. by NKW

It has something to do with the 1250 refugees, but that is not my concern here.
For me it has more to do with respect for one of your strongest allies.

The deal struck with the Obama administration to take 1250 refugees is an effing joke and does nothing to solve Australia's refugee/illegal immigrant problem. 1250 people, woop-de-bloody-do! What is the Australian government going to do with the next 1250? The issue of "boat people" paying unscrupulous operators large sums of money to put them on unsafe vessels that barely make it to Christmas Island is an issue that would take far too long to debate here. It should surprise no-one that Trump hates the deal but the Big Comb-over needs to learn a bit about diplomacy and respect.

Australia and the US have been staunch allies for well over half a century. Trade and travel between the two countries has benefitted and been made easier because, as some people would say, we are joined at the hip.

We have a large contingent of US Marines stationed/rotating/training in Darwin. This facility is of great importance to the US as a base regarding their presence in the Asia-Pacific.

Of even greater strategic importance to the US is the satellite/communications installation at Pine Gap. Basically, the US missile defence system is f#@$%d without Pine Gap.

So you see, Australia has a couple of effing big targets painted on itself that no doubt would have their coordinates dialed in by some other crazy arse leaders either with or developing nukes. Basically, Oz is f#@$%d with or without the US. By the same token, the US can't see what a third of the world is doing (the one third that contains 90% of the crazies) without Oz, so you guys are in deep shit without us as well.

McCain and a few of his mates recognise this and immediately went into damage control following the Trumpster's phone call and chest beating the other day.

The problem for the US is how do they get through to the boof-head in the Oval Office how all of this works when they are dealing with a President who doesn't even want to have his daily briefings from his top national security people because he says, "I'm a smart guy" ?

Not Kurt Weaver
03-02-17, 23:02

The deal struck with the Obama administration to take 1250 refugees is an effing joke and does nothing to solve Australia's refugee/illegal immigrant problem. 1250 people, woop-de-bloody-do! What is the Australian government going to do with the next 1250?

I guess US will take 1250, and the next 1250.

Not Kurt Weaver
03-02-17, 23:02

The deal struck with the Obama administration to take 1250 refugees is an effing joke and does nothing to solve Australia's refugee/illegal immigrant problem. 1250 people, woop-de-bloody-do! What is the Australian government going to do with the next 1250? The issue of "boat people" paying unscrupulous operators large sums of money to put them on unsafe vessels that barely make it to Christmas Island is an issue that would take far too long to debate here. It should surprise no-one that Trump hates the deal but the Big Comb-over needs to learn a bit about diplomacy and respect.

Australia and the US have been staunch allies for well over half a century. Trade and travel between the two countries has benefitted and been made easier because, as some people would say, we are joined at the hip.

We have a large contingent of US Marines stationed/rotating/training in Darwin. This facility is of great importance to the US as a base regarding their presence in the Asia-Pacific.

Of even greater strategic importance to the US is the satellite/communications installation at Pine Gap. Basically, the US missile defence system is f#@$%d without Pine Gap.

So you see, Australia has a couple of effing big targets painted on itself that no doubt would have their coordinates dialed in by some other crazy arse leaders either with or developing nukes. Basically, Oz is f#@$%d with or without the US. By the same token, the US can't see what a third of the world is doing (the one third that contains 90% of the crazies) without Oz, so you guys are in deep shit without us as well.

McCain and a few of his mates recognise this and immediately went into damage control following the Trumpster's phone call and chest beating the other day.

The problem for the US is how do they get through to the boof-head in the Oval Office how all of this works when they are dealing with a President who doesn't even want to have his daily briefings from his top national security people because he says, "I'm a smart guy" ?

Less the name calling, that was an informative post. The article i presented is a Washington article. I will search for any article that shows damage to US OZ relations.

I think Mr Turnbull is probably wise enough to know how to deal with this. I suspect our congress is also.

I also think the Left has you ready to jump, you have got to figure out the Left, name calling is a hallmark of the Left. Ironically, it is a hallmark of Trump.

Thanks for welcoming the Jar-heads, my guess is they haven't won the table at rugby.

SimonSmith
04-02-17, 04:02
Interesting data point(s):

1. "Terrorist" attack in Paris
2. Carried out by an Egyptian
3. Egypt not on the Trump list
4. Trump has significant commercial interests in Egypt.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence

Pegleg
04-02-17, 08:02
Strange that. Ho! Ho! Ho! The countries with the worst records of killings in the US are not on the list. ALL are countries where trum has business interests. NONE of the countries on the list host Trump businesses.

There's none so blind.

Not Kurt Weaver
04-02-17, 17:02
Interesting data point(s):

1. "Terrorist" attack in Paris
2. Carried out by an Egyptian
3. Egypt not on the Trump list
4. Trump has significant commercial interests in Egypt.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence

5. Egypt is a designated country with terrorist safe havens

6. Egypt has never been designated as a State Sponsor of Terror

7. US business dealings with State sponsors of terror are limited by sanctions

8. France is not a State sponsor of terror

9. Are burkas permitted in France? , not rhetorical, I don't know, there was a rumor months ago, I do not know outcome

Not Kurt Weaver
04-02-17, 17:02
Strange that. Ho! Ho! Ho! The countries with the worst records of killings in the US are not on the list. ALL are countries where trum has business interests. NONE of the countries on the list host Trump businesses.

There's none so blind.

850 brits?, you are next!, cept for Scotland golf course members

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32026985

L'irlandais
04-02-17, 22:02
There are an estimated 50,000 Irish illegals in the States. Does being a deportee mean one gets a free flight home?

France has about five million Muslims - the largest Muslim minority in Western Europe - but it is thought only about 2,000 women wear full veils.Burqas are still banned here, but the ban has been ruled unlawful in some cities. It is divisive and tearing the society further apart, along social divides. Perhaps more to the point, it has done little in the fight against the terrorists. Blurring the lines between everyday Muslims and extremist Islamic terrorists, not only discriminates against the former but also plays into the hands of the latter.

Not Kurt Weaver
04-02-17, 23:02
There are an estimated 50,000 Irish illegals in the States. Does being a deportee mean one gets a free flight home? [B] Nope, but some rugby clubs will suffer, and so will the bricklaying companies. The bars one would think would suffer also, but this would make them more pleasant again.

]rance has about five million Muslims - the largest Muslim minority in Western Europe - but it is thought only about 2,000 women wear full veils. Burqas are still banned here, but the ban has been ruled unlawful in some cities. It is divisive and tearing the society further apart. Maybe that is why the aforementioned Egyptian committed the recent terrorism

L'irlandais
Nope, appearantly he flew in on a tourist visa a couple of days ago. Both his rugsacks were full of spray paint cans, not entirely sure what his motives were, perhaps to destroy works of art.

L'irlandais
From #123, sounds like refugees are dying to get out of France

LL see Bold, you've done it again Millions is vague and misleading. I've read two articles that have this wall at 2.6 million. so in fact it is millions, but a bit of specificity might lighten the slantThe £2.6 is only for a two mile extension to the existing structure.
Security already cost them £63million for the period 2015/up to march 2016
Source: a Gov.uk PDF file (https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/uk-france-summit-3-march-2016)

With a further £17million earmarked last March, to dismantle the illegal camps. This has now been done.
Source: A.N.Other Gov.uk PDF file (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/505175/UKFRS_Migration_2_March.pdf)

Likely to cost a further £80 million for the continuing security measures around this tiny enclave over the next 3 years. So you see it's much more than £2.6 million. God alone knows how much has been spent since the tunnel opened.
An example of the type of individual desperate to get to the U.K. would be the many interprets (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/05/britain-inhumane-and-shameful-over-ayslum-for-afghan-interpreter/) who because of helping the U.K. Armed forces in Afghanistan fled their homeland. Trump-like folks here have deported them back where they came from, which amounts to a death sentence for those young men. England may not find so many willing helpers next time they go to that country.

Not Kurt Weaver
05-02-17, 02:02
I answered that in my #123. England has paid millions to build a (very short stretch of) wall on French soil. After Brexit there is a strong chance U.K. Border control will have to relocate to the English side of the channel.
!

Somehow I misconstrued that you were talking a bout millions for a short stretch off wall You didn't mention dismantling camps or border security in your Millions, I was misled that Millions meant building of wall. I never considered other costs of operating border.

An example of the type of individual desperate to get to the U.K. would be the many interprets (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/05/britain-inhumane-and-shameful-over-ayslum-for-afghan-interpreter/) who because of helping the U.K. Armed forces in Afghanistan fled their homeland. Trump-like folks here have deported them back where they came from, which amounts to a death sentence for those young men. England may not find so many willing helpers next time they go to that country.

I do not think Afghanistan is on list of 7 countries on 90 day suspension. Afgans would probably speed their entry to the US or UK for a short 4 yr. stint in Armed Forces. This would probably gain citizenship and maybe follow passage for family.

Not Kurt Weaver
05-02-17, 02:02
Nope, appearantly he flew in on a tourist visa a couple of days ago. Both his rugsacks were full of spray paint cans, not entirely sure what his motives were, perhaps to destroy works of art.

interesting, I wonder why he chose France. He should of felt at home

Not Kurt Weaver
05-02-17, 03:02
I do not think Afghanistan is on list of 7 countries on 90 day suspension. Afgans would probably speed their entry to the US or UK for a short 4 yr. stint in Armed Forces. This would probably gain citizenship and maybe follow passage for family.

My mistake, no longer true in usa Looks like French Foriegn Legion still excepts refugees. i'm pretty sure you'd be French if one joined

L'irlandais
05-02-17, 06:02
By November 2015 the security barrier was already 18 miles long and cost the British taxpayer some £7million, that does not include the cost for security fencing the port's lorry park, nor any further lengths of wall built since that time and now. So the overall cost of the wall is more than £2.6m set aside for the 2 mile extension. (But then I honestly get the feeling you like to misconstrue what people write on RRF.)

When Mr Trump has finished building his wall, the overall cost to the US consumer will include those further costs of access roads, lighting, etc and annual salary costs for those who guard the 2000 mile long structure. It will cost in excess of $2,6m per mile just to build. As in Calais the cost of guarding the damn thing will be so much higher. (Hidden costs, only if you chose to be blind. Father Ted says, "You don't have to believe it if you don't want too!" ) The Great Wall of China (5,500 miles long) is now unmanned and no longer keeps dragons out. An unmanned Berlin Wall (96 miles of it) would not have kept East Berliners confined for very long.

Interestingly, no matter what, the Trump Wall won't be half as long, nor half as beautiful as that Chinese wall. Don't expect Trump's Wall will attract many tourists.

didds
05-02-17, 09:02
England may not find so many willing helpers next time they go to that country.

What about wales or Scotland? Or northern Ireland?

Didds

L'irlandais
24-02-17, 17:02
Didds, I am not entirely sure the Home Office (http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/globalassets/Documents/RaISe/Publications/2014/ofmdfm/6314.pdf) consulted them when it decided to severely limit the number of interpreters they were willing to repatriate.

Any how, back to the USA,
Where did you guys get this turkey, for goodness sake? He appears to be all strut and zero logic. How can his stupid wall be way, way, way ahead of schedule? When it's construction hasn't even started.
A well thought out design process is essential to the success of the project.

When Trump talks about the wall, he hits two themes: It will secure the border, and it can be built cheaply because he’s the world’s best builder. Neither of these things is true. Trump’s approximations for the cost of building the wall have generally been between $8 billion and $12 billion. Those are absurd lowball estimates. MIT’s Technology Review crunched out various budgets for walls of different lengths and heights, and it found that costs would run anywhere from $27 billion to $40 billion. And that’s just to build the damn thing. Costs for maintaining a piece of infrastructure that size would run high* and never end.
Source (http://www.salon.com/2017/01/07/paying-for-trumps-wall-dont-let-an-absurd-promise-distract-us-from-a-terrible-policy-decision/)

Cutting planning time short, can only lead to unforeseen problems in the field afterwards. But then he'd know this given his "expertise" in the construction industry. Lol! Couldn't "run a piss-up in a Brewery" by the looks of his first 35 days (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/jan/20/donald-trump-first-100-days-president-daily-updates)(and counting) showing.

Not Kurt Weaver
07-04-17, 13:04

I guess we bombed the delivery system for Sarin gas without congressional approval. Is Russia happy that they interfered with the election?

Phil E
07-04-17, 13:04
Hypocrite alert.

However, today’s President Trump seems to be doing everything Trump-2013 criticized Obama for.

The cost of the strike on the Syrian military airbase, which was ordered without Congressional approval, is estimated to be between $30 million and $100 million, depending on which modification of the Tomahawk cruise missile was used.

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!
12:02 AM - 31 Aug 2013
25,296 25,296 Retweets 14,679 14,679 likes
Back in 2013, Trump repeatedly told Obama not to go into Syria.

Follow
What I am saying is stay out of Syria.
3:00 AM - 4 Sep 2013
13,143 13,143 Retweets 8,860 8,860 likes
Three Syrian servicemen and two civilians were killed in the attack, according to Syrian officials.

Follow
If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the U.S. will look very bad!
8:26 PM - 30 Aug 2013
9,134 9,134 Retweets 4,864 4,864 likes
Back in 2013, Trump highly doubted that US citizens would benefit from such an attack.

Follow
AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER, DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!
2:20 PM - 5 Sep 2013
58,522 58,522 Retweets 40,343 40,343 likes
That “more important” day has seemingly arrived during his own presidency.

Follow
President Obama, do not attack Syria. There is no upside and tremendous downside. Save your "powder" for another (and more important) day!
2:21 PM - 7 Sep 2013
6,538 6,538 Retweets 3,473 3,473 likes
The only thing that today’s President Trump seems to have in common with his 2013 counterpart is his intention to be sneaky and strike Syria “by surprise.”

Follow
Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?
5:45 AM - 29 Aug 2013
374 374 Retweets 214 214 likes

Follow
@walaa_3ssaf No, dopey, I would not go into Syria, but if I did it would be by surprise and not blurted all over the media like fools.
1:09 PM - 29 Aug 2013 · Manhattan, NY
1,847 1,847 Retweets 1,804 1,804 likes

Follow
If we are going to continue to be stupid and go into Syria (watch Russia), as they say in the movies, SHOOT FIRST AND TALK LATER!
1:19 PM - 29 Aug 2013
331 331 Retweets 154 154 likes
Trump told the Russians he was planning yesterdays attack and Syria seems to have moved all their equipment away from the attacked airbase.

Not Kurt Weaver
07-04-17, 14:04
Phil, How many ships would the USA and its allies need to take out all airbases in Syria?

Schwarzkopf didn't use twitter.

SimonSmith
07-04-17, 17:04
There is no way at all this ends well. Calling that ball now.

beckett50
07-04-17, 19:04
Schwarzkopf didn't use twitter.

No, but "Stormin' Norman" did use the press very well. Remember those press conferences of the Paveways taking out the bridges and command bunkers? Probably did more to enlighten the Iraqi army than anything else that had gone before.

Not Kurt Weaver
07-05-17, 19:05

We voted in a man who married his high school teacher.

L'irlandais
07-05-17, 20:05
:france: Yes we did. ( But Marine was our Trump, if you see what I mean. )

Not Kurt Weaver
07-05-17, 22:05

:france: Yes we did. ( But Marine was our Trump, if you see what I mean. )

oh, what are the similarities?

L'irlandais
07-05-17, 22:05
Well, the similarities between Le Pen and Trump are More evident than their differences :

Both were born into stupendously rich families. Neither of them have a clue how the other half live (those below the bread line I mean). Both own a huge property portfolio. Both have been accused of avoiding paying their due taxes. (The difference for Le Pen is without Presidential immunity she is likely to be taken to court over that one.)
Both are right wing populists and nationalists. Both blamed immigration for their country's woes. Both engage in that annoying habit of finger pointing. Both positioned themselves to appeal to far right supporters, playing on people's fears. (Both stoked people's fears about Muslims, for example.) Both said (incorrectly) that Russia was no longer a menace. Both's political opponents had their email accounts hacked by Russia hackers trying to influence the election outcome. Both smeared their opponents during the run up to the elections. Abstentionism was helping her chances of getting elected as well.

Their significant differences are worth a mention, like Marine is not a successful business woman and has no pro-business agenda, if elected. Trump has billions, while Marine's wealth is counted in millions; in short she has a long way to go to be in the same ball park as Donald. Le Pen has tried hard to pander to the main stream media (unlike Trump and The media...) and though she won't admit it she is very much part of the system here in France, looking to centralize government in an already over centralized country.

Although Macron has his own similarities with Trump, in that he is a political outsider and has blamed the established political Elite of corruption. Macron too has Trump's knack of knowing what the voters want to hear.

However, Macaron is in someways our Obama, playing to people's hopes, asking for more unity rather than dividing the country. The greatest difference is the political system in France is no longer dominated by two parties, as it still is the USA

Not Kurt Weaver
08-05-17, 02:05
However, Macaron is in someways our Obama, playing to people's hopes, asking for more unity rather than dividing the country. The greatest difference is the political system in France is no longer dominated by two parties, as it still is the USA

Does he like marijuana also?

Not Kurt Weaver
10-05-17, 01:05

We terminated the FBI 2nd row.

L'irlandais
10-05-17, 12:05
I can't help wondering what Uncle Donald is so keen to hide. If all the allegations were simply fake news as he says, he wouldn't go to such lengths to stop them getting in the public domain. Surely?

Not Kurt Weaver
10-05-17, 15:05
I can't help wondering what Uncle Donald is so keen to hide. If all the allegations were simply fake news as he says, he wouldn't go to such lengths to stop them getting in the public domain. Surely?

He is hiding alright. Uncle Donald can't pass to his left.

L'irlandais
10-05-17, 21:05
According to the Beeb
Within the FBI, agents believe that Trump sacked Comey primarily out of pique and spite because of his refusal to publicly exonerate Trump against allegations of collusion with the Kremlin, and also because Comey refused to back up Trump's unsubstantiated claims that Barack Obama ordered the wire-tapping of Trump Tower.my emboldening.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
10-05-17, 21:05
Seen in an underground car park in Rouen 1989.

Graffiti "Vive le Pen" to which some wag had added "is"....well it made me laugh!

L'irlandais
10-05-17, 22:05
These days "F haiNe" is perhaps one of the most frequent. Suggesting her party FN is one of Hate. A play on the pronunciation of Haine in French.

Her dad still regularly invites Holocaust denial people to give conferences for FN's loony fringe, as recently as last October. The fact 10million French voters appear to be that way inclined is more than worrying.

Not Kurt Weaver
10-05-17, 23:05
According to the Beeb
Within the FBI, agents believe that Trump sacked Comey primarily out of pique and spite because of his refusal to publicly exonerate Trump against allegations of collusion with the Kremlin, and also because Comey refused to back up Trump's unsubstantiated claims that Barack Obama ordered the wire-tapping of Trump Tower.my emboldening.

That may well be true, but consider the validity of the statement. I assume the Beeb is the BBC. So it is unnamed agents (who probably wouldn't discuss FBI matters to begin) who believe (speculation) Trump sacked.... These agents (at least 2) may be psychologists who have in fact analysized Mr Trump, but I doubt it.

Is there more to the statement, to validate it. Or is it propaganda

SimonSmith
11-05-17, 00:05
Is your argument, seriously, that unnamed sources can't be relied upon?

Jesus, someone better call Woodward and Bernstein to tell them Watergate was all guff. Interesting trivia note: even RMN never fired the Director of the FBI...

ChrisR
11-05-17, 01:05
But didn't he fire the special prosecutor? It's somewhat hazy now.

I had a false assumption that Republican Senators would act responsibly and keep unqualified people out of the cabinet. Sad!

Not Kurt Weaver
11-05-17, 01:05
Is your argument, seriously, that unnamed sources can't be relied upon?

Jesus, someone better call Woodward and Bernstein to tell them Watergate was all guff. Interesting trivia note: even RMN never fired the Director of the FBI...

FBI agents do not talk, it is against the law to disclose classified info. i think you know that. Woody and Bernie would have sent deep throat to jail.

Not Kurt Weaver
11-05-17, 02:05
But didn't he fire the special prosecutor? It's somewhat hazy now.

I had a false assumption that Republican Senators would act responsibly and keep unqualified people out of the cabinet. Sad!

I do not think a special prosector is assigned for the Russian investigation, probably should be. All investigations will stiill continue without
Mr comey just as if he had died.

Who did you think was unqualified? The deputy atty general?

L'irlandais
11-05-17, 07:05
Yes, I mean the BBC News Services (http://www.bbc.com/news/world).
They had 4 theories about the sacking, I thought that one more plausible than the idea the Russian secret police agency FSB had sex tapes on DT and were using that as leverage. (Conspiracy theory?)

By all accounts there is nothing unconstitutional about sacking the FBI chief, is just the way he went about it; still thinks he a TV show host or what?

Lee Lifeson-Peart
11-05-17, 09:05
The fact 10million French voters appear to be that way inclined is more than worrying.

Indeed.

I saw a documentary last night which suggested a lot of FN supporter are under 30 - worrying too.

SimonSmith
11-05-17, 13:05
FBI agents do not talk, it is against the law to disclose classified info. i think you know that. Woody and Bernie would have sent deep throat to jail.

This is now at the stage that I can't tell if you're trolling or serious. Neither option reflects well on you.

A couple of thoughts:
Yes, classified is classified. Not everything that happens at FBI HQ has a security classification.
A large part of the oil of the Washington machinery is selective leaking.

As your thoughts fail to show any kind of coherence, let me put it to you thus:
Are you arguing that we can't trust the report because it was sourced from unnamed FBI Agents, and without names it could be anyone and the BBC screwed up?
Or are you arguing that the report must be fake because no FBI Agent would break your interpretation of that law in that way?

Not Kurt Weaver
11-05-17, 14:05
According to the Beeb
my bold

This is now at the stage that I can't tell if you're trolling or serious. Neither option reflects well on you.

A couple of thoughts:
Yes, classified is classified. Not everything that happens at FBI HQ has a security classification.
A large part of the oil of the Washington machinery is selective leaking. (OK)

As your thoughts fail to show any kind of coherence, let me put it to you thus:
Are you arguing that we can't trust the report because it was sourced from unnamed FBI Agents, and without names it could be anyone and the BBC screwed up?
Or are you arguing that the report must be fake because no FBI Agent would break your interpretation of that law in that way?

My argument is the statement presented by L'ir from the BBC is vague and ambiguous. Its wording invalidates it. It is valid for those who want it true, and satisfies their Amygdala. L'ir has later told us it was a presentation of four theories.

It is no better than,

Within World Rugby, referees believe one forward pass should be permitted from the base of the scrum...

I also think you will acknowledge that Woody did not keep his promise as to identity of deep throat. Albeit 30 yrs later.

SimonSmith
11-05-17, 16:05
No, the wording doesn't invalidate it.

And it corroborates what I've heard elsewhere from people there.

L'irlandais
11-05-17, 17:05
What evidence would you like to see in print to support the confidential source's credibility without revealing his/her identity? Few will speak candidly to the press, if they cannot remain anonymous, I don't see that makes their statement untrue.

Postscript:
Also, one aspect of fake news, is its author will go to great lengths to give it the appearance of truth. While true statements can sound less likely, as the individual is telling it from his or her perspective without necessarily have all the facts to hand. Later when the facts become public it confirms their version.

Fake news often contains elements pertaining to be fact, but the witness couldn't possibly be aware of, if they were just a simple bystander/passerby.

ChrisR
11-05-17, 19:05
In the current political climate no agency professional would want to be identified. Trump's penchant for getting even is Nixonian to the extreme.

L'irlandais
11-05-17, 20:05
more BBC titbits (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39886496)

The White House has depicted the Russia inquiry as "probably one of the smallest things" that the FBI has "got going on their plate". But acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe said on Thursday that it was "a highly significant investigation".
In testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee, he also cast doubt on White House claims that Mr Comey had lost the confidence of his staff.
"I can confidently tell you that the vast majority of employees enjoyed a deep and positive connection to Director Comey," Mr McCabe said. The acting FBI director vowed not to update the White House on the status of the investigation and to notify the Senate panel of any attempt to interfere with the inquiry.
Somebody needs to advise DT to stop tweeting, he clearly thinks he is more intelligent that he actually is, and belies practically every attempt his press office makes at damage limitation; quicker than they can invent excuses for his bizarre behavior, the man tweet some other nonsense.

Not Kurt Weaver

So it corroborates what you have heard them say?

Have you heard them say anything specific about an ongoing investigation or the subjects involved?

Not Kurt Weaver
In the current political climate no agency professional would want to be identified. Trump's penchant for getting even is Nixonian to the extreme.

It would take courage and fact. It could cost you one Vince Foster. (that was slant fyi)

Not Kurt Weaver
What evidence would you like to see in print to support the confidential source's credibility without revealing his/her identity? Few will speak candidly to the press, if they cannot remain anonymous, I don't see that makes their statement untrue.

Postscript:
Also, one aspect of fake news, is its author will go to great lengths to give it the appearance of truth. While true statements can sound less likely, as the individual is telling it from his or her perspective without necessarily have all the facts to hand. Later when the facts become public it confirms their version.

Fake news often contains elements pertaining to be fact, but the witness couldn't possibly be aware of, if they were just a simple bystander/passerby.

I guess if evidence is the truth, the confidential source would have no problem being identified.

Not Kurt Weaver
11-05-17, 21:05

Sorry bout the Caps. Do you think that is a valid statement?

ChrisR
11-05-17, 22:05
I told two of my Republican friends, who were pissing their pants with glee when Hillary lost*, that I expected the Republican congress to impeach trump in 6 months. He's doing his best to give them cause. But do they have the balls?

* They weren't so thrilled that Trump won, they just wanted Hillary to lose. Says a lot, doesn't it.

By the way, NKW, I was referring to Nixon firing the special prosecutor Cox trying to kill the Watergate investigation.

SimonSmith
12-05-17, 00:05
I guess if evidence is the truth, the confidential source would have no problem being identified.
Again you're either a troll or colossally stupid. I have to remind myself of two things:
These are not mutually exclusive states.
Or we have the Dunning Kruger effect at play.

To clarify:
Within the FBI, agents believe that Trump sacked Comey primarily out of pique and spite because of his refusal to publicly exonerate Trump against allegations of collusion with the Kremlin, and also because Comey refused to back up Trump's unsubstantiated claims that Barack Obama ordered the wire-tapping of Trump Tower.

This tallies with what my friends in the Bureau say

Your first statement is so far beyond ****ing stupid I don't know where to begin except to say that if that were the case there would be no need for anonymous or confidential informants anywhere and Mark Felt missed out on multiple years of publicity. Boy, if only you'd been around to advise him.

Not Kurt Weaver
12-05-17, 02:05
Again you're either a troll or colossally stupid. I have to remind myself of two things:
These are not mutually exclusive states.
Or we have the Dunning Kruger effect at play. (Could be, I don't have cable TV when is DKE on)

To clarify:

[/B][/B][/B]This tallies with what my friends in the Bureau say (I would expect them to support their boss and their next boss)

Your first statement is so far beyond ****ing stupid I don't know where to begin except to say that if that were the case there would be no need for anonymous or confidential informants anywhere and Mark Felt missed out on multiple years of publicity. Boy, if only you'd been around to advise him.

Mr.Felt would have been killed, possibly. Other anonymous or confidential sources could be in jail or killed.

Not Kurt Weaver
12-05-17, 02:05
I told two of my Republican friends, who were pissing their pants with glee when Hillary lost*, that I expected the Republican congress to impeach trump in 6 months. He's doing his best to give them cause. But do they have the balls?

* They weren't so thrilled that Trump won, they just wanted Hillary to lose. Says a lot, doesn't it. (Yeah, Hilary should have won)

By the way, NKW, I was referring to Nixon firing the special prosecutor Cox trying to kill the Watergate investigation.

Is referring to Nixon akin to godwin's law? I watch cable Tv at the neighbor trailer two doors down, i saw godwinated on the MSNBC

Edit, You have republican friends who live in California? do they know Scott Baio?

L'irlandais
12-05-17, 06:05
I guess if evidence is the truth, the confidential source would have no problem being identified.Not necessarily; a lot of staff share those feelings apparently.

...that the vast majority of employees enjoyed a deep and positive connection to Director Comey

Phil E
12-05-17, 10:05
Again you're either a troll or colossally stupid.

I'm going with both :clap:

Not Kurt Weaver
12-05-17, 13:05
I'm going with both :clap:

what is the emoji for "very innovative"? you nailed it with creativity

ChrisR
Simon & Phil, you are being unkind to a person suffering from a rare manifestation of Tourette's Syndrom expressed as an uncontrollable urge to submit incoherent posts to Rugby Refs.

Not Kurt Weaver
Not necessarily; a lot of staff share those feelings apparently.

McCabe statement simply illustrates that agents enjoyed working for Comey. Not much more. And nothing that justifies that your statement from the BBC.

I do not know the context of McCabe statement, but it is actually a non event. Time to move on and continue investigations.

Not Kurt Weaver
Simon & Phil, you are being unkind to a person suffering from a rare manifestation of Tourette's Syndrom expressed as an uncontrollable urge to submit incoherent posts to Rugby Refs.

See Phil, Marauder took some time and created humour.

DocY

Replace "Rugby Refs" with "Twitter" and you could be talking about another American!

Not Kurt Weaver
12-05-17, 15:05
Replace "Rugby Refs" with "Twitter" and you could be talking about another American!

DocY, thank you for backing me, but your opinion please.

As a medical professional, do you believe that mental illness should be subject of a joke?

I too thought it was funny, but your twitter reference reminded of a presidential candidate mocking a disabled reporter. ChrisR, I retract my compliment of your humour.

DocY
15-05-17, 08:05
As a medical professional, do you believe that mental illness should be subject of a joke?

I too thought it was funny, but your twitter reference reminded of a presidential candidate mocking a disabled reporter. ChrisR, I retract my compliment of your humour.

I don't think my opinion of what should be considered a joke should carry more weight than anyone else's.

I really don't think ChrisR's comment is comparable to Trump mocking a disabled reporter, though.

Not Kurt Weaver
15-05-17, 14:05
I don't think my opinion of what should be considered a joke should carry more weight than anyone else's.

Huh, I guess I thought you would have equal sympathy for the tourette's patients as a patient suffering from paralysis, and neither should be used in a joke. Your addition of the "twitter" comment suggests you use tourette's in your repertoire.

I really don't think ChrisR's comment is comparable to Trump mocking a disabled reporter, though.

It is the same tactic, the degree of its rudeness doesn't make them comparable. Do you differentiate one event as worse than the other?

ChrisR
15-05-17, 16:05
NKW, does it make any difference that as an early teen I'd repeatedly scrunch up my eyes. I knew the cause was stress, just didn't know it as Tourette's. By late teens it went away.

You need to get off your high horse.

Not Kurt Weaver
15-05-17, 20:05
NKW, does it make any difference that as an early teen I'd repeatedly scrunch up my eyes. I knew the cause was stress, just didn't know it as Tourette's. By late teens it went away.

You need to get off your high horse.

My vocal was throat clearing, gone by 18

Not Kurt Weaver
16-05-17, 02:05

Looks like we are sharing with the Russians. According to the Washington Post.

ChrisR
16-05-17, 10:05
As one lion said to the other: "**** me, more fake gnus"

Not Kurt Weaver
16-05-17, 14:05
As one lion said to the other: "**** me, more fake gnus"

Wrong thread, try http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?20151-The-2017-British-amp-Irish-Lions-Tour

L'irlandais
16-05-17, 16:05
Oh, dear.
"That was my idea!" ; "You wouldn't let it lie, would you?!"

Not Kurt Weaver
05-06-17, 00:06

We sent Ariana and Katy to help eliminate ISIS. Canada sent Justin, and Australia sent Fergie.

Who did UK send to the One Love concert?

oldman
05-06-17, 10:06
Kurt,
We sent 10,000 fans.

Not Kurt Weaver
05-06-17, 11:06
Kurt,
We sent 10,000 fans.

and apparently raised 6.2 million for victims

Phil E
We sent Ariana and Katy to help eliminate ISIS. Canada sent Justin, and Australia sent Fergie.

Who did UK send to the One Love concert?

Liam took them all on.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
Liam took them all on.

There's nothing scares ISIS more than a Manc in an orange cagoule.

I'm not sure how much of the event is/was down to Ariana Grande but I thought she came through the whole thing well - she's only a bairn herself. I though Justin Bieber was going to "God it up" too much but luckily he wound his neck in just in time.

Other than sitting asking my son "who's that then?" every few minutes I quite enjoyed it and thought the event was a credit to the City and the performers especially done against the backdrop of the events in London less than 24 hours before. Not good.

SimonSmith
05-06-17, 13:06
There's nothing scares ISIS more than a Manc in an orange cagoule.

I'm not sure how much of the event is/was down to Ariana Grande but I thought she came through the whole thing well - she's only a bairn herself. I though Justin Bieber was going to "God it up" too much but luckily he wound his neck in just in time.

Other than sitting asking my son "who's that then?" every few minutes I quite enjoyed it and thought the event was a credit to the City and the performers especially done against the backdrop of the events in London less than 24 hours before. Not good.
Avid readers of Popbitch (available free from any internet) will know that Grande's manager is very very well connected in his field and could get (for example, Bieber) at fairly short notice.

Let us not forget the crowd who made the almost-ultimate sacrifice of listening to Coldplay. I'm not normally a fan, but starting with a James intro was a classy move.

Not Kurt Weaver
05-06-17, 13:06
Avid readers of Popbitch (available free from any internet) will know that Grande's manager is very very well connected in his field and could get (for example, Bieber) at fairly short notice.

Let us not forget the crowd who made the almost-ultimate sacrifice of listening to Coldplay. I'm not normally a fan, but starting with a James intro was a classy move.

Huh, I would have had you pegged for an adult male over age 30.

Not Kurt Weaver
12-06-17, 12:06

97% of Puerto Rico voted to become 51st state. Welcome Puerto Rico, sorry Australia you are now 52nd.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
12-06-17, 16:06
97% of Puerto Rico voted to become 51st state. Welcome Puerto Rico, sorry Australia you are now 52nd.

97% of 23% who voted.

didds
12-06-17, 17:06
isn;t that called democracy though? rightly or wrongly?

The PCC [1] electoral turnout in these parts is about 17%. We can draw our own conclusions as to why that may be - but it still means the bloke winning it with 8 votes (well, not really LOL) still becomes PCC and receives 70K pa.

didds

[1] http://www.apccs.police.uk/role-of-the-pcc/

Not Kurt Weaver
12-06-17, 17:06
97% of 23% who voted.

Are you suggesting I gave an inaccurate presentation ? that my 97% wasn't factual and became misleading?

Ironically 97% is used as fact when discussing man made Co2 emissions as the cause of "climate change" or "global warming" which ever phrase is correct. I wonder how they came up with 97% in that steadfast fact.

ChrisR
13-06-17, 11:06
Research and analysis?

Not Kurt Weaver
13-06-17, 11:06
Research and analysis?

and carbon offsets

L'irlandais
01-08-17, 21:08
Mr Browder says (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/bill-browders-senate-judiciary-committee-hearing_uk_597ee55ce4b02a4ebb7675a6) some interesting truths about the whole Trump/Russia fiasco. Listened to him during a lively interview on Irish radio over the weekend.

:shrug: Along the lines of "Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" Seems Potus may be mega rich, but that in itself is no proof of intelligence. Much of Trump's wealth comes from property to Russians in the USA (http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-property/) Strange he hasn't disclosed as much, must have slipped his mind, being that he is so busy.

It is paradoxical that somebody so gormless could defy the Darwinian evolutionary theory.

Ian_Cook
02-08-17, 03:08
Well, what do you expect from a President who is prone to making policy in bursts of no more than 140 characters?

L'irlandais
02-08-17, 07:08
I expected him to become entangled in the web of lies he has spun, much sooner. His lawyer denies he influenced his son's statement on the meeting with the Russian woman (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40795122), only for Potus to contradict that "fact", now she insists it is of no consequence. Perhaps she is dumb enough to be missing the enormity of this turn of events.
from linked BBC article:
The president was flying home last month aboard Air Force One from the G8 summit in Germany when he told his son what to say, according to the newspaper. Mr Trump Jr's statement said he and Ms Veselnitskaya "primarily discussed a programme about the adoption of Russian children".The fact the President of the USA didn't appreciate the link between adoption and the sanctions is scary. Unless he judges the rest of us by his own standards, and thinks we are all as dumb as he is.

ChrisR
02-08-17, 12:08
Trumps tweets are the political equivalent of 'Cute Kitten' videos on YouTube. They are a distraction. And the media jump at the bait. Actually the media impale themselves on an empty hook as there is no substance there. Perhaps that's not fair as the print media still has plenty of meat but who wants to read when you can turn to the TV and be entertained by a panel of babbling heads.

I'm house sitting for a month with cable access and I've already tuned out CNN. Fortunately I've discovered "Impractical Jokers".

Not Kurt Weaver
02-08-17, 13:08
Trumps tweets are the political equivalent of 'Cute Kitten' videos on YouTube. They are a distraction. And the media jump at the bait. Actually the media impale themselves on an empty hook as there is no substance there. Perhaps that's not fair as the print media still has plenty of meat but who wants to read when you can turn to the TV and be entertained by a panel of babbling heads.

I'm house sitting for a month with cable access and I've already tuned out CNN. Fortunately I've discovered "Impractical Jokers".

Have you watched Family Fued with steve Harvey?

1st paragraph is accurate BTW

L'irlandais
02-08-17, 17:08
Perhaps a man in his position shouldn't be making such frivolous tweets.

A sensible approach to* this investigation needs to figure out a less-sensationalized and divisive underlying target than “treason”. It is also time to update our legislation about what wars can be in the 21st century. We are not likely to see a full-fledged armed conflict between the U.S. and any of the nuclear powers. But an insidious war of misinformation can be just as destructive to our society.*
By lifting sanctions, Donald Trump will directly comfort Putain, If not quite an "enemy" of the USA, then at least a competitor of democracy. Quoted article (http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/what-is-treason-and-how-its-prosecuted-in-the-us)

Not Kurt Weaver
02-08-17, 17:08
Perhaps a man in his position shouldn't be making such frivolous tweets.

By lifting sanctions, Donald Trump will directly comfort Putain, If not quite an "enemy" of the USA, then at least a competitor of democracy. Quoted article (http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/what-is-treason-and-how-its-prosecuted-in-the-us)

A vote in congress with 2 nay votes was just passed concerning sanctions. I also takes away Presidential ability to remove sanctions. I think that happened just this week (end of julyish ).

Now Trump should veto it, but I do not know its current status. He should veto only because legislation should not be passed limiting powers of President. It is a dangerous precedent to have set. A veto would put the burden of precedent on Congress not Trump. In turn this will not effect the duties of future presidents.

To my knowledge the sanctions are in effect and 755 diplomats are out of work in Russia.

But hey, great article from Big Think 2 APR 17. Did you catch the other Big Think article on what the world will look like 4 degrees warmer? New Zealand and Australia had better get their immigration laws in order in preparation. A great presentation of inarguable science. There is a paradox for ya L'irl