PDA

View Full Version : obstruction?

Dickie E
19-05-17, 23:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn1r_3JvCg

have a look at passage of play that starts at 26:31 on the tv clock.

There was an obstruction that the TMO has a look at and called play on. IMO it was a clear & deliberate obstruction by Crusader player that had a material impact on the Chiefs defender's ability to make the tackle.

Thoughts?

didds
19-05-17, 23:05
26:31 is a score after a terrible knock on. followed by a kick on/... there is any tackle available?

didds

ChuckieB
20-05-17, 00:05
At the time, TMO determined that the obstruction had not impeded a tackle from being made. Had he not given up on his attempt before he flung his arms up in disgust he might have had a better case. So not sufficient in it to suggest, with any certainty, it was clear and obvious enough to reverse the on field decision. I thought it was fair enough at the time and haven't changed my mind since looking at it again.

damo
20-05-17, 05:05
At the time, TMO determined that the obstruction had not impeded a tackle from being made. Had he not given up on his attempt before he flung his arms up in disgust he might have had a better case. So not sufficient in it to suggest, with any certainty, it was clear and obvious enough to reverse the on field decision. I thought it was fair enough at the time and haven't changed my mind since looking at it again.
I agree with this.

Still, bloody stupid from an All Black who should know better. If the tackler had no chance of making the tackle then all he did was put the try into the hands of the TMO.

Pegleg
20-05-17, 07:05
Play on for me.