PDA

View Full Version : Watches

The umpire
06-09-17, 23:09
I didn't do many games last year, for various reasons, and when I dug out my kit this year I found that my watch has died, new battery was no help, it is an ex-watch. So I need a new one. I don't want to spend a fortune to be tracked by satellite or report my blood pressure or whatever, and there's a fair chance it'll get lost or washed before the end of the season. I prefer a countdown timer, but need a second timer for sin bins, and would like a beep or vibration at 2-5 mins to go and at full time. Any recommendations?

Taff
07-09-17, 00:09
My Casio G-Shock works well.

It has countdown, a couple of stopwatches and beeps when the countdown gets to Zero. I bought if online for about 60 a few years ago from memory.

Phil E
07-09-17, 09:09
I have a spare one of these as I have since upgraded.
Fully working. Make me an offer.

https://www.casio.com/products/watches/sports/rft100-1v

crossref
That is a good watch, I used to have one. My only concern is whether it's waterproof enough, mine died after a game where it rained for the whole eighty minutes

They are quite hard to get hold of , are thy discontinued I think ?

didds
you could wear a plastic bag over your hand?

;-)

didds

Rich_NL
Just make sure you hold your umbrella in the hand with the watch on.

crossref
I can't see anything wrong with ref carrying an umbrella

didds
I can't see anything wrong with ref carrying an umbrella

Aha! The denoument for Georgi Markov's murder!

didds

beckett50
07-09-17, 10:09
That is a good watch, I used to have one. My only concern is whether it's waterproof enough, mine died after a game where it rained for the whole eighty minutes

They are quite hard to get hold of , are thy discontinued I think ?

Really? Had mine for ages and it is still going strong. On the original batteries too!!

crossref
I must have been unlucky then :sad:

beckett50
I must have been unlucky then :sad:

If you didn't have bad luck .... :D

Lee Lifeson-Peart
I've got a Spintso. Good watch but eats batteries.

I have a lifetime guarantee from Timpson's and it's best 24.00 I've ever spent - It has a pair of batteries every 6-9 months. It's a b*****d to get into as well.

Phil E

I have a lifetime guarantee from Timpson's and it's best 24.00 I've ever spent - It has a pair of batteries every 6-9 months. It's a b*****d to get into as well.

My first one did that. Wrote to the makers, they said to send it back to where I bought it and get a replacement.
The new one has batteries that last a good 2 or 3 years.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
07-09-17, 11:09
My first one did that. Wrote to the makers, they said to send it back to where I bought it and get a replacement.

I'll see how long these last and do that. Cheers Phil

CrouchTPEngage
07-09-17, 15:09
Just get someone to make you one of these. 40-minutes of sand is all you need. and dont't forget to turn it over at half-time.

Blackberry
07-09-17, 21:09
Just get someone to make you one of these. 40-minutes of sand is all you need. and dont't forget to turn it over at half-time.

I use a very retro wind-up watch. It's guaranteed for life because if the spring breaks it slashes your wrist.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
11-09-17, 08:09

I'll see how long these last and do that. Cheers Phil

Ironically my watch had a meltdown 2 minutes from time on Saturday. All the liquid crystal modules lit up and the vibration went off. I shall be e-mailing Sweden today.