PDA

View Full Version : Northampton v Biarritz Olympique

OB..
21-01-07, 23:01
At the kick-off, Harinordoquy obstructed a chasing player. The replay proved to me it was definitely deliberate - he was looking at the player, not the ball, and jumped into him.

I was surprised all the officials missed it, since I would not have criticised a referee who gave a yellow card, it was so blatant.

Did anybody else see it?

Coler
22-01-07, 10:01
Missed this one myself.

Also should not the yellow to Couzinet for the stamp have been a straight red ? Stationary, deliberate downward stamp motion, miles away from the ball, close to the head albeit with a deliberate avoidance of contact to face/head ?

OB..
22-01-07, 11:01
High level yellow, but I did not find my finger pointing to the dressing room, so not quite a red for me. However I would not have criticised it unduly.

PaulDG
22-01-07, 12:01
Also should not the yellow to Couzinet for the stamp have been a straight red ? Stationary, deliberate downward stamp motion, miles away from the ball, close to the head albeit with a deliberate avoidance of contact to face/head ?

I thought so, IMHO, it was delivered to the shoulder joint - which has the potential of causing a career ending injury.

Only reason I could have for it not being Red was if the ref saw the stamp but not where it struck.