Kolbe v France.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DrzsduLX0AA_fRH.mp4

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DrzsduLX0AA_fRH.mp4

Thoughts?

Post TMO review, it was given as a knock on by SA, scrum to France

didds

crossref
12-11-18, 15:11
I think the tackler deliberately *knocks* the ball. If that's the case it's play on

If you think the tackler just happens to dislodge the ball in the tackle, it's a knock on by ball carrier

didds
12-11-18, 16:11
So for example no head contact?

didds

crossref
12-11-18, 16:11
Ah , just goes to show what a rubbish TMO I would be, I was focused on the knock on question :-)

DocY
12-11-18, 17:11
I thought it was similar to Scotland's disallowed try last weekend.

Both cases I thought were clear knock ons if they happened in the FoP and I think it'd have been seen as a lot more controversial had the tries been awarded, so it was probably the right decision!

Marc Wakeham
12-11-18, 17:11
According to the directives it is a PK so a Penalty try!

didds
12-11-18, 19:11
i deliberately left my query "open" to see what people saw.

The action got referred to the TMO for head contact - and the TMO call was knock-on SA, scrum France. No head contact PK/card.

didds

SimonSmith
13-11-18, 00:11
Head first, then descends to neck.

Red.

TigerCraig
13-11-18, 03:11
Head first, then descends to neck.

Red.

Really ???

You would never finish a game

didds
13-11-18, 09:11
Meamwhile, same game

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DrzSIL3X0AApL0Q.mp4

Have a stab at what happened in that one.

didds

Camquin
13-11-18, 10:11
At the moment - it is play on as white is attempting a charge down and so the contact is deemed not to be intentional.
But as that is about the third such accidental collision with a kicker in the internationals this season.
So wait a week and IRB might issue a directive to make it a mandatory red.

crossref
i deliberately left my query "open" to see what people saw.

The action got referred to the TMO for head contact - and the TMO call was knock-on SA, scrum France. No head contact PK/card.

didds

Surely it wasn't a knock on as the tackler knocked the ball , didn't he ?

didds
At the moment - it is play on as white is attempting a charge down and so the contact is deemed not to be intentional.

Nice try.

PK for France for late challenge with no arms. Not sure if that was NO or the TMO decsion.

didds

didds

Pablo
14-11-18, 09:11
Nice try.

PK for France for late challenge with no arms. Not sure if that was NO or the TMO decsion.

didds

didds

Noticeably at odds with the Kerevi on Halfpenny decision in the Wales v Australia game. Am struggling to see a material difference in the two incidents, yet this was a penalty for NO and play on for O’Keefe.

VM75
17-11-18, 20:11
Nice try.

didds

didds

Correct IMO, white player didnt attempt his charge toward the ball - instead he ignored the ball & late hit the kicker [whilst not attempting to grasp either !]

didds
18-11-18, 00:11
so what about the kolbe incident?