PDA

View Full Version : triple movement?

Dickie E
24-03-19, 09:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCLu16Dt55c

any thougts on the try at 4:30 youtube time?

Taff
24-03-19, 09:03
If I am being honest Dickie, I would have given that as a Try.

Were there complaints on the night? I know it isn't worth a carrot, but just looking at the body language of the Blue players, they think it's a try too; I don't see one appealing.

Dickie E
24-03-19, 10:03
here's front on view. 36:00 youtube time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9kJ2rEp-08

Pablo
24-03-19, 10:03
Yeah, no - hes crawled the last couple of metres. No try in my opinion, and a PK in favour of blue for tackled player failing to play the ball correctly.

beckett50
24-03-19, 22:03
From the original angle looked like a C&O try to me. No reason to review - unless the TMO is calling it

However, from the front on view there is a definite crawl to the line and it is neither his momentum nor that of his support players that has carried him forward.

No try and PK for not releasing.

tewdric
24-03-19, 23:03
The period between his first knee hitting the floor and the grounding is very short and he's moving forward the whole time.

If it walks like a try and quacks like a try, surely it's a try?

Rich_NL
24-03-19, 23:03
I watched all the summaries of Super Rugby round 6, and saw a lot of offences not blown for. Are the refs under instructions not to get in the way of tries, or is their function purely decorative?

Zebra1922
25-03-19, 00:03
Seen all the views posted here and still looks fine to me. There is an appearance of crawling but in my view it is all momentum not double/triple movements therefore try time.

Dickie E
25-03-19, 00:03
Seen all the views posted here and still looks fine to me. There is an appearance of crawling but in my view it is all momentum not double/triple movements therefore try time.

the momentum concept is interesting. Surely all of the momemtum must come from the player's forward motion prior to hitting the ground and not be aided by momentum created after. A bit like comparing the long jump to the triple jump.

Lee Lifeson-Peart
25-03-19, 10:03
Try IMO

I had more of an issue with yellow 19 going off his feet in his support of Savea than the try but that kind of "rucking" is par for course in showbiz Rugby land.

The Fat
25-03-19, 11:03
OK, I'll be the wet sock. No try.
Brought to ground and held a couple of metres short and continues to propel himself (i.e. not what is typically accepted as a player's momentum) to the goal line. Not sure why the blue players weren't blowing up

Zebra1922
25-03-19, 21:03
OK, I'll be the wet sock. No try.
Brought to ground and held a couple of metres short and continues to propel himself (i.e. not what is typically accepted as a player's momentum) to the goal line. Not sure why the blue players weren't blowing up

Maybe theyve been coached properly to respect the referee!

Taff
25-03-19, 23:03
... Not sure why the blue players weren't blowing up

Maybe they've been coached properly to respect the referee!
Possible, but unlikely.

My best guess is that Blue weren't "blowing up" because they all thought it was a try too.