PDA

View Full Version : Mornington Madrid - ¡Hola!

L'irlandais
07-04-20, 09:04
¡Hola!
Once again clicking the "Red Button" (http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?21907-Mornington-SMS) that reveals an unpleasant truth, and clicking the "Blue Button" (http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?21906-Mornington-Sevens) and one remains in blissful ignorance.

:pepper: If you choose the red route to get here, the unpleasant truth is you now have to contribute to the discussion. Before any further choice on your part. See post #2 for details:

L'irlandais
La luneta variations in play.
(I do hope Pablo has a copy, because I haven't a foggiest idea about these Spanish rules)

Something along the lines of:

Julio Iglesias guidelines* (https://laws.worldrugby.org/?charter=4) for now, which may well be an easier introduction to the game (*no doubles, no shuffles, no Nidd) Rule 23: Looking for loopholes puts you directly in Nada, for the next three turns.

Madrid Metro network has 302 stations on 13 lines plus one branch line, totalling 294 kilomètres of which approximately 96% of stations are underground. The only surface parts are a total of 8 aboveground stations.

L'irlandais
Estación de Retiro

Balones
07-04-20, 10:04
Obviamente tienes demasiado tiempo en tus manos.

Goya
Uso de licencia artística y la variación Don Quijote.

L'irlandais
Pinar de Chamartín, move along the platform please.
Way too much time on my hands! I suspect because Lockdown is far stricter over here.

The rabbithole goes deeper than this.

Balones
Movimiento furtivo. Rodeando el exterior. Pero esto podría ser un callejón sin salida.

Prefiero las opciones de Alonso Martinez.

L'irlandais
23-04-20, 08:04
Estación de Moncloa

¿Soy yo?
¿O todo se ralentiza durante este encierro? :shrug:

Balones
23-04-20, 09:04
No, yo sentía lo mismo.

Ah, Moncloa! ¿Subiendo al mundo?

Con el clima aquí hoy, es obvio que la estación Sol es la mejor opción.

L'irlandais
23-04-20, 10:04
No muy lejos de La Puerta del Sol, Imagino.

OB..
23-04-20, 19:04
It's a good job I did O Level Spanish ........ back in 1957.

L'irlandais
23-04-20, 22:04
Don’t worry about that, apart from «¡Hola!» I don’t know any Spanish. :arg:
I suspect my google translated sentences have more of mistakes than words in them.
I took French for my O levels.

Balones
24-04-20, 15:04
Aprendí galés!

Pero enseñó en Salamanca como parte de un intercambio de profesores.

Balones
24-04-20, 15:04
It's a good job I did O Level Spanish ........ back in 1957.

Tienes más calificaciones que yo.:)

L'irlandais
24-04-20, 17:04
I will not manage to say this in Spanish. A German friend of mine, is a museum curator. Many years ago she found a job in Wales, however to work in the public sector, she was told at the interview, she’d have to learn Welsh. Which she did. Later she noticed she often was the only one answering the phone at work. It turns out many of her Welsh colleagues, didn’t speak Welsh and avoided the phone, as they might be found out, if they had a Welsh speaker on the line.

OB..
24-04-20, 18:04
I will not manage to say this in Spanish. A German friend of mine, is a museum curator. Many years ago she found a job in Wales, however to work in the public sector, she was told at the interview, she’d have to learn Welsh. Which she did. Later she noticed she often was the only one answering the phone at work. It turns out many of her Welsh colleagues, didn’t speak Welsh and avoided the phone, as they might be found out, if they had a Welsh speaker on the line.
How often did she find it necessary to actually speak Welsh?

The last Census reported that there were no adult monoglot Welsh speakers.

L'irlandais
24-04-20, 19:04
Not very often, I shouldn’t think. She just found it unfair that she was obliged to do language classes and take an exam to prove a certain level of proficiency, when Welsh natives were not. But, as in Ireland, laws on bilingualism oblige public services to ofter services in both languages, just in case someone phones to ask something in Welsh/Irish.
Point of fact, she probably spoke better English than them too.

Balones
25-04-20, 07:04
Point of fact, she probably spoke better English than them too.

Dyma un ffordd i golli ffrindiau! :)

L'irlandais
25-04-20, 09:04
I jest not, a very proficient woman. She has since moved on to bigger and better things.
I am sure she was happy to gain experience, and get out of the usual catch 22 situation, holding back young graduates today.

L'irlandais
05-05-20, 10:05
:deadhorse: In any case, we digress.

I’ll playNuevos Ministerios, in the absence of any move from my opponents.

Balones
06-05-20, 07:05
Going out on a limb here. Alameda de Osuna
If there's no way back then I can leave the country quite easily!

L'irlandais
06-05-20, 14:05
Valdecarros
Urbanización del nuevo barrio de Valdecarros
Okay well not all that new anymore, but hey.