PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Wayne Barnes

Simon Griffiths
07-04-05, 12:04
I think congratulations are in order for Wayne Barnes as he was yesterday (6th April) announced as the sixth full-time referee on the RFU's books.

At 25 he's the youngest ever to go pro (after becoming the youngest ever RFU referee at 21). I know he has links to many members of these forums, through the London and Gloucester Societies in particular, so congratulations Wayne.

OB..
07-04-05, 15:04
Simon - are you going to post the picture of you receiving your trophy from Wayne at the society dinner?

Simon Griffiths
07-04-05, 18:04
Good idea, now if only I knew how, give me a few minutes and I'll have figured it out!

Simon Griffiths
Here is the photo that OB talks of:

Simon Griffiths
Having just taken a closer look at that, what six or seven pints makes you look like! :eek:

We're both grinning like Cheshire cats and would appear to be propping each other up!

Oh yes, and by God how short I look - damn Wayne Barnes for being a lock!

Robert Burns
08-04-05, 19:04
lol, Yes congrats to Barnsy, next stop IRB.

Simon Thomas
12-04-05, 14:04
Yes, many congratulations to you Wayne. An excellent referee, always got time for the Community refs too, great after-dinner speaker (you are always welcome back in Hampshire), and so young too !

One of rugby's nice guys - and I loved how he shut Jonno up at London Irish earlier this season.

The legal professions loss is rugby's gain !