PDA

View Full Version : The Horsman try

ex-lucy
19-03-07, 15:03
how many refs here would have awarded that try?

how many would have penalised the sentinel/ guard person who took out the defender on the line?

Bryan
19-03-07, 17:03
how many refs here would have awarded that try?

how many would have penalised the sentinel/ guard person who took out the defender on the line?

I noticed that too! Shanklin (i think) was in an offside position on the side of the muck, and blatantly cleared out the defender in front of him for Horsman to touch down.

ExHookah
Looked like obstruction to me as well. Of course I couldn't say that in the pub without a barrage of abuse from the Celts surrounding me saying I was just being sour about the whole thing.

I should also note that Horseman is also bloody English, so shouldn't have been in a red shirt in the first place!

Padster
Glad I wasn't the only one to think it was a bit dodgy.

oxped
19-03-07, 21:03
Clear penalty to me. The ref was the far side of the ruck I think, but it was only a few yards from the touch line, so I do not know how the TJ didn't see it.

ex-lucy
20-03-07, 10:03
it was obstruction and a penalty ... but how many would have NOT awarded the try?
was the obstruction and clearing out material ?

Bryan
20-03-07, 12:03
Shanklin cleared out the last defender between him and the try line, giving free-way for Horsman to touch down. That's about as material as you can get.

didds
20-03-07, 13:03
well... my inclination at the time was "running into his own man" and a scrum to england... I never considered the "deliberate ploy" scenario..

I diod noptice Wales were very adept at creating a screen for the receiver from KOs/restarts - no chance of any challenge in the air!! It also looked pretty blatant as well ... nio "red arrows" type stuff, just a wall of five players with minimal gaps...

didds

Brian Ravenhill
20-03-07, 14:03
The last penalty to reds was for not ten. The original penalty was 4-5 metres into the reds half of the pitch. The penalty for not ten awarded on white 10-metre line. No one was going to give away that much!

peperami
20-03-07, 16:03
Clear penalty to me. The ref was the far side of the ruck I think, but it was only a few yards from the touch line, so I do not know how the TJ didn't see it.

Have to say if I'd been TJ I would have seen that and passed the info in but its still the referees call.

Had I seen it as a referee I would have pinged him for playing the man without the ball.

Also the last penalty went a long way past 10 and interestingly i felt that the guy had gone 10 before being brought to ground, so advantage over.

Ben