PDA

View Full Version : Your Grade

Simon Griffiths
10-05-05, 15:05
Noticed that a few of you guys are wandering around the site with ---PLEASE SEALECT--- as your grades.

This is presumably as there was no grade for new referees on the list. If you want to, visit your User CP (see top menu next to Arcade) and change it to 'New/Ungraded' (which I've just added).

Simon Griffiths
10-05-05, 16:05
Needs To Be Seen
Bump

Pablo
Thread stickied to avoid need for bumping :D

Simon Griffiths
OK smarty pants! Just need the recently joined few to know.

Robert Burns
10-05-05, 17:05
Going to move this to the general forum to give it more views.

ex-lucy
19-02-07, 14:02
Herts will be voting for or against 'new' number style gradings ... at the AGM in May.
Seems to be a few new young shining lights want to move towards the number style type of grading ...
We shall see ...

beckett50
Can't see how Herts can continue to buck the system that has been introduced and promoted by the Referee Union and the RFU!

Wert Twacky
I wasn't aware that any Societies still used the old C1, etc system. What, if any, are the benefits of staying with the old system?

On the odd exchange I've been fortunate to go on, the assessors have alwayd refered to the level.

OB..
19-02-07, 17:02
I have found one problem with the new system. Under the old one, there was a natural break jumping from C1 to B3. You had to make a specific effort, and it was generally recognised that age also played a role.

With the new seamless system, referees just hope to keep getting promoted, and this means either referees get disappointed, or we have too many over-qualified referees for the available games - and that disappoints them as well.

mkottke
19-02-07, 21:02
I wasn't aware that any Societies still used the old C1, etc system. What, if any, are the benefits of staying with the old system?

On the odd exchange I've been fortunate to go on, the assessors have alwayd refered to the level.

The states still use the 'old C1 system.' Can someone post up the conversion between the old system and your new crazy british system?

Thanks,
mark

SimonSmith
Mark - careful of this. A current C1 US does not necessarily translate to an "old" C1 in England

didds
the "crazy" british system aligns itself directly with the league pyramid structure of clubs (or at least does in England).

So a level 7 referee would be expected to be able to handle a level 7 game (ie a game between two level 7 clubs) or lower. In some refs societies as part of referee development they are permitted to ref up to two grades higher ie our level 7 ref can whistle a level 5 game (where the pace and physicality would be far far higher).

Its seems and eminently logical system in this regard.

If I am incorrect no doubt Simon will be along shortly to point out the folly in this coach's understanding ;-)

didds

SimonSmith
19-02-07, 22:02
The theoretical princple is right, and the same here.

What I meant was an old C1 in RFU language would NOT be the same standard as a C1 here.

jboulet4648
20-02-07, 00:02
US is actually going to be changing grading system. Going to have local panel (C grade refs), Territorial panel (B panel refs) and National Panel (all who would technically be A panel, so all of our B panel National Panel would be A grade) WIthin this there would be people identified on local and territorial panels as Focus referees (development)

ExHookah
20-02-07, 02:02
US is actually going to be changing grading system. Going to have local panel (C grade refs), Territorial panel (B panel refs) and National Panel (all who would technically be A panel, so all of our B panel National Panel would be A grade) WIthin this there would be people identified on local and territorial panels as Focus referees (development)

I was under the impression that this was already the case, is it not?

Will the 1,2,3 breakdowns still apply? Surely there needs to be some way of differentiating locally between someone who has just qualified and earned their c3 stripes, compared to a C1 who is capable of doing your local Div 1 matches. By the same token don't you need to be able to differentiate on Territorial level between the guys as well?