PDA

View Full Version : School Games under ELV's

lawsons
05-09-08, 19:09
Got my first School 1st XV game tomorrow under ELV's - I'm not aware of any differences to the adult game - just checking in with the experts that this belief is in fact true ?

lawsons
differences under the ELV's that is - obviously I'm aware of the normal differences ! Scrum etc

Simon Griffiths
If I remember correctly the last meeting I was at, the ELV permitting the pulling down of a maul is not being used in youth rugby.

Dixie
If I remember correctly the last meeting I was at, the ELV permitting the pulling down of a maul is not being used in youth rugby.
Correct - and this goes also for the hips being below the shoulders in mauls. As always, I'd suggest not permitting Squeezeball, since there will almost certainly be some players of an age too young. I think all other ELVs apply.

Simon Griffiths
lawsons, I presume you just mean differences between ELV usage for school matches, as of course all the normal differences (such as squeezeball and scrums as already mentioned) continue to be in place.

Phil E
05-09-08, 21:09
Differences under ELV are:

iRB Experimental Law Variations. (See RFU Touchline & rfu.com)
• The RFU Council has agreed that ELV2 “Allowing head and shoulders below hips” and ELV3 “Allowing pulling down of the Maul” should NOT be trialled at Under 19 and younger in England. So will not apply within the Continuum
• There have been minor amendments to the Rugby Continuum “Rules of Play” to reflect the other ELVs.
o ELV11 Scrum offside lines-
 U9 & U10 Mini Rugby the differential offside line at scrums will still apply with the backs of the non putting- in side 5 metres back (was 7 metres).
 U11 & 12 Midi Rugby ELV 11 applies with both sets of backs offside line 5metres back from hindmost foot of the scrum.
o ELV4 – Midi Rugby taking ball back into the “22” applies.
o Lineouts- The Continuum has modified Laws of the Game for Lineouts which will remain as in 2007-8 so ELV5, 6, 9 &10 will not be applied.