PDA

View Full Version : Your decision?

Will.Q
14-09-08, 21:09
Red V Black. Red has penalty on their 22. Red kick penalty downfield for touch. Ball crosses line of touch but a black player, with one foot infield and the other foot across the plane of the touchline but off of the ground (foot in air), kicks the ball back infield before the ball touches the ground. Black player then collects ball and goes off on a run...

In touch, or not? Touch judge on this today put his arm up, I was miles away. I get to touch and he then says he got it wrong and play should've continued. I agree, but say too late now as play has stopped and we'll go with lineout and say not to worry. Correct, or no?

The umpire
Not in touch. After consultation with a touch judge I think you're allowed to change your decision, if you'd already announced it, so I might have gone for a scrum to black.

Will.Q
Scrum - interesting. Where would you have had this scrum?

Lee Lifeson-Peart
In touch, or not?

Not in touch

ddjamo
I would say he missed it...not in touch...the ball did not touch the ground, an object or a person in touch and the man who kicked it was not in touch when he kicked it...

The umpire
14-09-08, 23:09
"Scrum - interesting. Where would you have had this scrum?"

On the (not) line of touch, 5m in.

AlanT
15-09-08, 00:09
Does it matter if the player after kicking the ball had to then put his foot in touch before getting back into FOP?

Dickie E
Once the flag is up, keep it up and play the lineout.

ddjamo
Does it matter if the player after kicking the ball had to then put his foot in touch before getting back into FOP?

no...

tim White
15-09-08, 12:09
Either: Say nothing but play the touch given,:cool:
Or: Blame the TJ to hell and back, then scrum to team in posession at point you stopped play.:wow:
AND;
Shrug shoulders and carry on whilst keeping a straight face-'there but for the grace of god...':wink: