PDA

View Full Version : Stade v Leicester

ex-lucy
30-10-05, 16:10
anyone else have any issues with the refereeing of this match?

punch thrown by blue 2.... just a penalty.

6 green ruck infringments ... countless ... sanctions ?

plus lots of other issues ..... consistency for decisions for me was the major issue for Mr Courtney ..

i dunno we are told to do this ... and that .... then you watch these top refs not carry out certain things ...

yellow cards were begging to be used ... but werent and i thing he needed to use them ...

any comments ?

Robert Burns
30-10-05, 20:10
Yeah, Spreaders came in for some abuse from Dewi Morris last week for not using them early enough for him.

I can see what they are trying to do sometimes, let the game flow, but some games just don't.

In Mr Courtneys defence it was an incident called by the touch judge and it was TJ's recomendation that it be a talking to and reverse of penalty, the referee then gave a talking to No. 2 and marched the penalty 10m on as he remembered it was already Tigers penalty, least he wasn't tripped up by the TJ there, which could have made him look silly, but didn't.

Ricampbell
30-10-05, 20:10
anyone else have any issues with the refereeing of this match?

punch thrown by blue 2.... just a penalty.

Lets be honest there were lots of punches thrown this weekend that didn't end up in cards not just in this game

6 green ruck infringments ... countless ... sanctions ?

6 doesn't appear countless to me

plus lots of other issues ..... consistency for decisions for me was the major issue for Mr Courtney ..

Okay lets name a ref again, for my opinion I think everyone should see thread about the penalty in the last minute, that is how to write constructive threads

i dunno we are told to do this ... and that .... then you watch these top refs not carry out certain things ...

top Refs and what we do are like chalk and cheese. We referee law. They have to referee for TV if they were not doing what they were meant to be doing they wouldn't be there as it is a multi million pound game

yellow cards were begging to be used ... but werent and i thing he needed to use them ...

Not sure how cards beg but I agree if I had referred that game at my level I would have used cards, but I am not as good as Mr Courtney so it is his decission

any comments ?

Not having a go just trying to keep rugby like rugby