PDA

View Full Version : I won't be using AXA

GazMaz
26-11-05, 21:11
Insurance I want to grab an insurance man and shake him. Bloody hard.

Just seen an advertisment on TV, apparantly it's been around for a bit, however, it is for AXA insurance, it involves a rugby match where a couple guys say about a new team who come out and basically frighten the pants of these casual rugbly players, the end of the ad involves one of the previous players who spoke about this so called new (inexperienced team) catching the ball and all you can hear is blood and thunder coming towrds him.
ha ha very funny, BUT BUT BLOODY BUT no ref would have let that game go ahead why WHY, BEACUASE OF SAFETY,
down to all the insurance CRAP we get told about these days.
WHY am I fuming LOOK AT THE POSTS.

Got it NO post protection, I feel like writing to AXA and giving them a piece of my mind!

Deeps
27-11-05, 00:11
Look hard at the 'players' and ask yourself if you think any of them have ever seen a rugby ball before.

GazMaz
27-11-05, 14:11
I Can live with that actors and all that.
It's the point about safety and insurance that concerns me more,
whatever, I suppose their not that bothered.

Still might write to them pointing out the error of their ways:D

Simon Thomas
27-11-05, 18:11
best course of action is complaint to ASA (Advertising Standards Association)

Account Deleted
27-11-05, 21:11
Insurance I want to grab an insurance man and shake him. Bloody hard.

Just seen an advertisment on TV, apparantly it's been around for a bit, however, it is for AXA insurance, it involves a rugby match where a couple guys say about a new team who come out and basically frighten the pants of these casual rugbly players, the end of the ad involves one of the previous players who spoke about this so called new (inexperienced team) catching the ball and all you can hear is blood and thunder coming towrds him.
ha ha very funny, BUT BUT BLOODY BUT no ref would have let that game go ahead why WHY, BEACUASE OF SAFETY,
down to all the insurance CRAP we get told about these days.
WHY am I fuming LOOK AT THE POSTS.

Got it NO post protection, I feel like writing to AXA and giving them a piece of my mind!

Lighten up for God's sake it's an ADVERT not real! Michael Winer does an ad for Esure and they don't insure actors and those in the acting game.

As Winner says ".. It's only a commercial DEAR!"

GazMaz
29-11-05, 00:11
ATTR I know I know I know, but it's an insurance Co and we all like to moan about insurance Co's unless of course you work for one:p

Saw it again tonight made me howl this time because Deeps your so so right!

OK I'll not bother, that's what we all do now isn't it, not bother:eek:

Subject End:cool:

Darren
09-12-05, 08:12
If the guys in blue did that little warm up dance in these parts they would be laughed off the park.

Simon Thomas
09-12-05, 11:12
Trying to lighten it up a bit :

back in the 1980s I am some teamates and guys from a couple of other clubs were approached at our club at the end of Middlesex 7s Prelim rounds by a film producer.

He was for real and eventually we turned up as rugby playing extras for a film - The First Kangaroos (First Aussie Rugby League Tourists) in 1920s.
First issue was when they announced it was about rugby league - this was in old days when RFU ex-communicated anyone who took the 'League shilling'. Well we all went ahead anyway, and at 100 a day it was worth it. Dennis Waterman played the northern hero player, so was quite nice having Rula Lenska on set !

So we spent 3 days in baggy shorts, thick woollen shirts and old leather studded boots filming a few action scenes (Dennis could actually play a bit too). We used Fulham's ground Craven Cottage as in those days it had the only old Victorian stand left and Richmond for actual match scenes.

Two things made us all laugh :

At Craven Cottage, we ran out onto the pitch with a couple of hundred extras as spectators in period costumes in the stand. It didn't seem right - and we realised why. All we got was polite applause ! One of our senior players, asked to speak to the director and after some heated discussion he accepted that a working class crowd in Halifax (where the match was played in reality) would be a little more vocal !

The second issue the Director had was when we did the action sequences - he wanted us to walk them through, so it looked pathetic. So we said we would play for real but to choreagraphed moves etc so cameramen knew what would happen roughly and had right angles etc. We did it and all were happy - but a few guys got some knocks, bit of blood etc. The Director was shocked it was for real, and initially he was convinced we were stuntmen and it was all faked. He was a little 'camp' and had us laughing when he actually said - "oh you are all so butch".

SimonSmith
09-12-05, 14:12
Does this mean that you now have an Equity card?

didds
09-12-05, 16:12
gotta be better than my film debut where I played a butch transvestite!

didds