PDA

View Full Version : Oh ok! I can't be silent any longer!!

Robert Burns
26-02-06, 21:02
Yes yes yes yes yes.

Don't care what the game was like, or how bad Englands handling was, or what colour jersey the Ref was wearing.

just plain and simple:

YES

wooo hoooo, was I drunk, too bloody right!!!

Bring on the Irish, it's ours for the taking now (and also for the throwing away).

On a reality note, I scared to death about playing Italy, I can see Scotland losing to them after such good results!

It's just Sod's Law isn't it.

SimonSmith
02-03-06, 14:03
Dear Frank

Thanks very much.

Sincerely

Simon

Dear Alan Tait

Thanks very much

Sincerely

Simon

Dear Matt Williams

Kind of proves you were out of your depth!

Simon

Seriously - absolutely delighted at the win. Overjoyed. Words cannot express blah blah.
What was important to me was not so much the result (although that was important) it was the way that we won. Pride in the shirt and the team, and it was SO evident.
The more time I spend abroad, the more I think about how important it is to me that the guys representing us just go out and give it their all. That idiot Williams took that away from us, and Frank Hadden, if he does nothing else, has at least reintroduced the passion to us.
The only time I've seen a defensive display like that was the '97 Lions.

ExHookah
02-03-06, 14:03
I'm still not talking to you lot.

Filthy kiltwearing, Haggis eating, bag pipe playing......

Grrrrrrrrr..............:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bryan
02-03-06, 15:03
I'm still not talking to you lot.
Filthy kiltwearing, Haggis eating, bag pipe playing......
Grrrrrrrrr..............:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That may all be true Nick, but the English had their chances, and blew all of them. Cohen's knock-on 2m from the try-line right in front of where we were was the most cringe-inducing! (FYI, I had 4 tickets and gave 2 of them away to other refs instead of selling them for 250 each on Ebay!)

As my Dad and I were out for a meal post-match, we noticed all the English slumped over their plates, eating in silence. At first, this gave the place a slightly depressing atmosphere. However, my Dad then remarked that they deserved it for being so arrogant when they win, so it made the meal taste better. This coming from two neutral guys from the colonies no less...C'mon now. Every once in a while you've got to give the underdog the victory, if only to give them hope for next year.

Bring on the Irish, it's ours for the taking now (and also for the throwing away).

The match in Dublin will be difficult. If Scotland win, they'll also hope England narrowly lose to the French, as currently the English are in the driver's seat on points difference after spanking the Welsh.

That being said, when I'm at a Scotland match, they win. When I'm not, they lose. You'll be thankful to note I'll be in Dublin...

-Bryan

Robert Burns
02-03-06, 17:03
Is it this game that's going to be a Croke Park?

Can't remember.