PDA

View Full Version : LRL Needs your help

Robert Burns
04-06-09, 19:06
Basically I need you to play it and post here any questions you find to be out of sync with the new May 2009 Global Laws.

At the same time I'm going to give the thing a facelift (though my ASP is a little rusty).

If anyone has good ASP skills and could lend a hand with the rework, that would be great too.

Thanks.

OB..
04-06-09, 21:06
Just playing the game gives you random questions. If there is some way to work through them systematically, I would be (moderately!) happy to trudge along.

How much ASP expertise is required? I would have expected there to be a framework within which you can plug the question etc. I reckon I could cope with that.

ianh5979
04-06-09, 23:06
question 294 appears to have the wrong answer I think law 19f applies and there should be no advance in ground as the question states that the ball was passed back into the 22
Question 393 has the offside line being the hindmost feet at a scrum not 5 metres back
question 75 the law reference given is 19.9b but should be 19.10b

Robert Burns
05-06-09, 04:06
Just playing the game gives you random questions. If there is some way to work through them systematically, I would be (moderately!) happy to trudge along.

How much ASP expertise is required? I would have expected there to be a framework within which you can plug the question etc. I reckon I could cope with that.

No ASP is required for the questions, these are stored in an Access database, if you have access I'm happy to give you the file for first look through, and Boyd did a bloody good job of putting LOADS of questions in.

Robert Burns
05-06-09, 04:06
question 294 appears to have the wrong answer I think law 19f applies and there should be no advance in ground as the question states that the ball was passed back into the 22
Question 393 has the offside line being the hindmost feet at a scrum not 5 metres back
question 75 the law reference given is 19.9b but should be 19.10b

Thanks Ian, I'll check these out later.

Robert Burns
05-06-09, 06:06
Your Question 75 has noting to do with law 19.9b the only question that relates to that law (that I can find) is 328.

Was this it?

Line-out players jumping for the ball may 'BLANK'.

Dickie E
05-06-09, 07:06
(though my ASP is a little rusty).

I'm told a little baby oil will bring it up like new. Just don't polish it too much.

Robert Burns
05-06-09, 08:06
I'm told a little baby oil will bring it up like new. Just don't polish it too much.

Sounds like you know far too many uses for baby oil!

Lee Lifeson-Peart
05-06-09, 09:06
Sounds like you know far too many uses for baby oil!

There aren't too many uses for baby oil! :wow:

Dickie E
05-06-09, 09:06
here's how I use it:

OB..
05-06-09, 17:06
No ASP is required for the questions, these are stored in an Access database, if you have access I'm happy to give you the file for first look through, and Boyd did a bloody good job of putting LOADS of questions in.
He did indeed do a lot of very good work on it. I do have Access, and would be happy to look throught the database.

I had reservations about Boyd's approach, which was to ask a question directed at a specific bit of law. As a consequence, some of his scenarios were wider in scope than he intended, and the answer was not entirely satisfactory.