PDA

View Full Version : Eng A v Ire A

ex-lucy
17-03-06, 23:03
i was watching the referee in tonight's match ..... i thought he had a good game .. but maybe a little fussy and whistle-happy ...

he penalised both teams for crooked feed at scrums ..... shirley a first at International level for some time ...

re: blowing whistle too many times: one occasion .. he blew his whistle for the offence ..... blew his whistle again to say "time off" ... blew his whistle again when asking the perp to come to him to talk to him for him to explain the offence ... blew his whistle again to say "time on" ... after the Irish chose to kick for goal he blew his whistle again to point to the posts ... and then blew his whistle again to explain the penalty with secondary signal...

a touch excessive ... but that is his style i guess ...

ex-lucy
kick ahead by England from nr 22m... Irish 10 slides down on ground and collects ball in own try area .. ref blows whistle for a scrum 5m ... green 10 runs away with ball to clear .... presumeably he gets a word from the TJ who tells ref that green 10 didnt actually 'touch down' .. ref says to Green 10 "sorry, i made a mistake" ...but... now awards the scrum 5 to Ireland as opposed to England ...

interesting ...

OB..
Thanks for explaining that one. I was unfortunately at the game and did not have the benefit of RefLink. A thoroughly unenjoyable performance by England. Well done Ireland.