PDA

View Full Version : Oppo 'block' of quick throw

Simonsky
19-10-09, 17:10
In saturdays game blue about to attempt a quick throw but black player arrives dancing in front of thrower which unsettles him and he doesn't throw

This is what happens:

1)I watch and see throw is not taken immediately, look around and don't yet see line out minimum forming but whistle as I can see player dithering with throw. Should I have waited longer? i.e until LO minimum arrives? Also, I didn't check whether oppo was within tramlines thus preventing 5 -but I don't think he was.

2). As lineout forms blue thrower quizzes me on whether the oppo could do what he does -I say yes he could.

Did I handle this OK?

SimonSmith
19-10-09, 17:10
19.2.h At a quick throw-in, a player must not prevent the ball being thrown in 5 metres.

If you think he prevented it, then ping him!

OB..
20-10-09, 00:10
I have seen a penalty given at Level 7, for intentional offending.

Deeps
20-10-09, 00:10
I have seen a penalty given at Level 7, for intentional offending.

Absolutely, unsportsmanlike conduct in my book.

Ian_Cook
20-10-09, 03:10
In saturdays game blue about to attempt a quick throw but black player arrives dancing in front of thrower which unsettles him and he doesn't throw

This is what happens:

1)I watch and see throw is not taken immediately, look around and don't yet see line out minimum forming but whistle as I can see player dithering with throw. Should I have waited longer? i.e until LO minimum arrives? Also, I didn't check whether oppo was within tramlines thus preventing 5 -but I don't think he was.

2). As lineout forms blue thrower quizzes me on whether the oppo could do what he does -I say yes he could.

Did I handle this OK?

If the pest is within the tramlines, ping him - 19.2(h)

If he was infield of the 5m tramline, no problem. He is perfectly entitled to block the attempted QT.

Dickie E
I guess first thing is to ensure Black hasn't gained a illegal advantage by beiing offside prior to ball going in to touch.

Next, I'll usually observe the Black player arriving and doing rain dance. If not 5 mteres, I call him to stop & retire 5 metres.

50% of time this works; 50% it doesn't.

If the latter outcome I'll give a FK to throwing team on 15 metre line.

I'll chat to offender at next breakdown or on the run to ensure he understands what happened.

Ian_Cook
If I had a serial pest continually blocking my QTs within the tramlines, and the referee wasn't doing anything about it, I might be tempted to try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98OAqwke5U

TheBFG
20-10-09, 14:10
If I had a serial pest continually blocking my QTs within the tramlines, and the referee wasn't doing anything about it, I might be tempted to try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98OAqwke5U

LMFAO!

there's another clip of the same incident which is a bit longer, fair play to the guy he stands there for the second throw too!:clap: