PDA

View Full Version : Womens Rugby

taff426
20-01-10, 03:01
Gents,
This will probably be the most bone question that you have ever been asked on here however I need to clarify something before it's too late.
I am due to referee my first senior womens game very soon:Nerv: , and I have been told that there are certain laws that differ between the mens and womens game.
Now call me thick but I was always under the impression that the senior womens game were played under exactly the same laws as their male counterparts.
Could someone please shed some light on this for me please...............:chin:

andyscott
20-01-10, 08:01
Gents,
This will probably be the most bone question that you have ever been asked on here however I need to clarify something before it's too late.
I am due to referee my first senior womens game very soon:Nerv: , and I have been told that there are certain laws that differ between the mens and womens game.
Now call me thick but I was always under the impression that the senior womens game were played under exactly the same laws as their male counterparts.
Could someone please shed some light on this for me please...............:chin:

Usually U19 laws, depending on seniority of game.

Deeps
20-01-10, 09:01
It depends on the level of game which variations are used. If you cannot Google what you need then I suggest you get the two Captains together early and ask them to agree which variations apply to the game. That way they will explain it to you, agree themselves and you can be sure you will all be on the same hymn sheet.

TheBFG
20-01-10, 12:01
My understanding is that above and inc National 1, matches are played to the full set of laws, below that it's the same as U19's,

BUT

you may need to check that if you are reffin in Wales:chin: Know what you boyos are like over there for doing things your own way!:wink:

Dickie E
20-01-10, 22:01
Know what you boyos are like over there for doing things your own way!:wink:

A Welsh women's rugby rolling maul? :chin:

Simon Thomas
21-01-10, 18:01
Dickie, so predictable - not even good looking Welsh sheep either, bl**dy foreign ones !

now if you want to see what cultured Welshmen do with our sheep click here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/5024281/VIDEO-EMBED-Extreme-Sheep-LED-art.html)

barker14610
21-01-10, 18:01
Wow, those guys spend a lot of time with their sheep. They must really love them