PDA

View Full Version : Calgary referee's website

Tlloyd@telusplanet.net
30-05-06, 03:05
I've made a website for my home society. Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.
and if anyone is every in alberta Canada and looking for a run, please let us know.
web.mac.com/rugbyreferees

ARMYREF
31-05-06, 11:05
I have emailed your society Sec about the possibility of reffing whilst deployed in Canada. I will be in Medicine Hat from 25 Jun - 18 Sep 06. I am a level 5 ref trying to keep my hand in before our season starts when i get back.

Thanks

Phil Gill

Please reply to PJGILL@HOTMAIL.COM

Bryan
31-05-06, 11:05
Phil,

I've just returned from a 10-day refereeing stint in Alberta. You'll have no problems with any match there if you're a level 5, though it may be hard to find any rugby in The Hat. Most of it is in Calgary, but it's worth the treck as the facilities are great- shared by 3 teams (brand new clubhouse with large enough referees room, 3 pitches, fully-stocked bar, lots of fit birds, etc).

Cheers,
-Bryan

Simon Griffiths
31-05-06, 12:05
I thought I'd spotted a B Arciero on their appointments list! Thought it was you then I saw you're now Newfoundland. Mind you, there can't be many of you with that name refereeing rugby in Canada.

That would also explain their unusual column on their appointment's list, 'field'.

Bryan
31-05-06, 13:05
I thought I'd spotted a B Arciero on their appointments list! Thought it was you then I saw you're now Newfoundland. Mind you, there can't be many of you with that name refereeing rugby in Canada..
Yeah there's not many Arciero's refereeing in the world, let alone Canada. I wanted to go to Calgary first to visit family and also get a couple warm-up matches in before heading up to Edmonton for the National Club Championship. It was a request for easy rugby, but fast enough so I could practice my running lines, communication, etc and that's exactly what I got. Loads of fun.

That would also explain their unusual column on their appointment's list, 'field'.
Ummm, that just means location. Which pitch it's on, who's clubhouse, etc. Not too sure how one can get confused by this.

-Bryan

ARMYREF
31-05-06, 20:05
If anyone would be able to give me contact details that would be much appreciated. I am just looking for a couple on run outs during my time for no other reason than to keep my hand in. I do not get back to UK until sep so will miss the warm up games in Aug.

Thanks

Pablo
01-06-06, 09:06
Am I the only one for whom TLloyd's web address won't load?