Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment courses f(or anyone wishing to join us on the light side)

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    York RLRS
    Grade
    RL
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Recruitment courses f(or anyone wishing to join us on the light side)

The RFL have Match Officials Recruitment Courses running throughout the country in a big drive to increase the number of officials in time for the start of the switch to Summer Rugby for the majority of the amateur ranks.

Courses are scheduled for

• Saturday 28th January 2012 @ West Hull Community Park North Road Hull East Yorkshire HU4 6L
    • Saturday 28th January 2012 @ William Street Sports and Social Club, William Street, Castleford, WF10 2LW (9.30am)
    • Sunday 29th January 2012 @ Barrow Island ARLFC, Rating Lane Playing Fields, Ostley Bank, Barrow in Furness, LA13 9LR.
    • Sunday 5th February 2012 @ The Sports Hall Seminar Room, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2QD from 10-4
    • Sunday 5th February 2012 @ Glasson Rangers ARLFC, Ewanrigg Road, Maryport, CA15 8BJ (9.15am – 4.15pm)
    • Saturday 18th February 2012 @ Shaw Cross RLFC, Leeds Road, Dewsbury, WF12 7HP
    • Sunday 19th February 2012 @ EIS Building (Next to Gateshead Stadium) Neilson Road, Gateshead, NE10 0EF.
    • Saturday 25th February 2012 @ New Earswick RLFC, White Rose Avenue, New Earswick, York, YO32 4AG (09.30am start)
    • Saturday 25th February 2012 @ Barking & Dagenham Bulldogs, Redcroft Fire Kennel, Leys Park Pavillion, Ballards Road, Dagenham, RM10 9TX (10am – 4pm)
    • Sunday 4th March 2012 @ Swindon RFC, Greenbridge Rd, Swindon, SN3 3LA
    • Saturday 17th March 2012 @ East Leeds RLFC, Richmond Hill, Easy Road, Leeds, LS9 8QS (09.30am start)

Cost: £25 for adults and £12.50 for under 18’s.

If anyone wishes to have a go, please visit http://www.therfl.co.uk/referee/courses . If thats not enough incentive Im helping to run the York course with my colleague from Selby Referees

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Yorkshire (South)
    Grade
    6 (Development Squad)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Recruitment courses f(or anyone wishing to join us on the light side)

They don't like South Yorkshire do they? I've considered doing the course in the past so I can better understand the decisions when watching matches on TV.

Referees/Trains Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Warwickshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recruitment courses f(or anyone wishing to join us on the light side)

I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Not only that but I would probably be sent to Coventry..............................ooh hang on!
    Warwickshire.......the home of Rugby Football.

Follow my blog The Rugby Ref

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    York RLRS
    Grade
    RL
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

South Yorkshire are going to be running one (and Lancashire), all the Yorkshire MDOs were asked at a meeting when they wish to have a course ran but South Yorkshire couldnt make that one. If you fancy doing a course contact steve.taylor@rfl.uk.com

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Hampshire
    Grade
    SWG Match Observer
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

shame there is nothing in the South - Swindon is nearest and that is up north for me (anywhere north of M4).

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    York RLRS
    Grade
    RL
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Speak to Danny McNeice I'm sure he can arrange something danny.mcneice@rfl.uk.com is your contact for down there
    Last edited by RLRef1984; 19-12-11 at 14:12. Reason: I always spell Dannys name wrong

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Hampshire
    Grade
    SWG Match Observer
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

some of the Hampshire lads are RL refs too, and did course via Combined Services I think - will follow up with them.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    York RLRS
    Grade
    RL
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah our society are going to benefit with one or lads from the services joining after taking a course at Leconsfield

Contact details for the RFL Development Officers are at http://www.therfl.co.uk/referee/key_contacts and tell them Swanny sent you

Referees in Australia
    RugbyRefs.com Webmaster

Soc/Assoc
    Western Australian
    Grade
    Established
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a great opportunity to keep fit throughout the year.

I'd do it if it were arranged like that over here.
    "This is not Soccer!" ©Nigel Owens
    ------------------------------
    Robert Burns
    RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
    ------------------------------

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    York RLRS
    Grade
    RL
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Do your seasons run side by side down under? Back over here it used to be Professional level and also amateur games not played in the traditional heartlands played in the summer, whilst games in Yorkshire, Cumbria and Lancashire were played in the Winter however from March a number of Leagues have switched to Summer Rugby right from Juniors to Open Age, the notable exceptions being Yorkshire Youth (U16 - 18) and Open Age with Pennine League staying winter however the RFL are also running leagues in those areas for clubs to join if they wish. This however will cause a huge demand for more officials. I referee 2 or 3 kids games a week in the winter (or go out assessing my junior members) but in the summer I will probably be on the National Conference referees list on a Saturday and a Championship TJ / 4th official job on a Sunday so thats 1 official down but 3 games struggling. Its going to replicated throughout the heartlands as the Junior refs touchjudge on NCL and Academy fixtures etc. So we need the bodies to cover it

Thread Information