- Red 12 made an interception about 30m from his own line, and hared off down the pitch
- Blue full back had come into the line to attack, so red had a clear run to the line
- but is, of course, hotly pursued by blue 14 and 10, who are on his left and right shoulders
- way ahead inside the blue 22m is an injured blue player, prostrate on the ground, being attended to by a physio while paly continued
- red 12 is fast, and with the head start from the interception it looks like he will get all the way the line, but constrained by his pursuers is heading quite close to the injured player and physio
- but when the injured blue player sees what is happening he leaps, just in time, to his feet and makes a half-tackle, not enough to stop the ball carrier, but slowing him sufficently to let his pursuers catch him.
- The injured blue player subsides to the ground again, still injured.
My friend who saw this, asked me if there is anything wrong with that ?
I don't think there is, is there? The only thing I'd worry about is whether the physio was getting in the way, but I didn't see it, just described to me.