Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Really?.......not exactly a good role model, even before bite-gate

So, the witnesses who appeared before the panel, who gave testimony on Hartley's behalf?

They didn't have any vested interest in the outcome? Mm hmm.

I go back to: he was found guilty of gouging. He's lucky to be playing at all on any field.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Referees in Switzerland

Soc/Assoc
    Swiss Rugby Federation
    Grade
    Swiss Federation
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

A few points:

1) The committee appear to say Ferris evidence was unreliable, and say as much
    2) There was no evidence of how the finger got in the mouth, but committee say Hartley didn't seek out the finger. (implication it was placed at or in his mouth)
    3) Biting a finger that is placed in your mouth and pulling is STILL biting, and still carries a 4 week sanction.

I am not a Hartely fan, but I struggle to see how the committee got to this point.

But I am also wondering why someone who admits to grabbing someone by the head and turning them, wasn't cited for dangerous play? Personally I hate the "headlock" roll at the ruck - it is so dangerous.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    needs registration

(you have to wonder why an organisation hides its press-releases behind a registration wall)
    Sorry; one other comment on this. There is, so far as I can see, no link to the decision - not even an obvious menu choice - on the open part of the 6 Nations site.

Even searching the site doesn't give a link; I got the link from another forum.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    11+1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RobLev View Post
    Even searching the site doesn't give a link; I got the link from another forum.
    - the link must have been posted on the web (originall) by someone with press credentials and a 6nations website login....
    - there are other forums???????

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Hampshire RURS (UK)
    Grade
    Society Assessor
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Simon - 2007 is now a long time ago - at that time Engand could get to a RWC final.

No problems since them, would suggest a player who has learned a lesson. This is a biting offence, but instigated by the injured party who frankly got off lightly.

If someone stuck their finger in my mouth and tried to twist my head round they wouldn't be showing 3 toothmarks with no skin breaks to the doctor... they'd be wondering where their finger was.
    “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"
    George Loveless 1834
    Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived.
    Thomas Paine 1776
    FREE All of PUSSY RIOT - JAIL PUTIN

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    - the link must have been posted on the web (originall) by someone with press credentials and a 6nations website login....
    True dat; but they do seem to want to hide their disciplinary decisions generally.

- there are other forums???????
    'fraid so.

Thread Information