Soc/Assoc
    Michigan, Ontario
    Grade
    B2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default very good diabetes info...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...in-leptin.aspx

Conventional medicine has type 2 diabetes pegged as a problem with blood sugar rather than the underlying problem of improper insulin and leptin signaling. The reality is that diabetes is a disease rooted in insulin resistance4 and perhaps more importantly, a malfunction of leptin signaling, caused by chronically elevated insulin and leptin levels.

This is why the medical community's approach to its treatment is not getting anywhere. Treating type 2 diabetes with insulin is actually one of the worst things you can do...

Recent research has come to the same conclusions that Dr. Rosedale warned us about nearly a decade ago, which is that treating type 2 diabetes with insulin can lead further to the development of type 1 diabetes.

And, not only are conventionally-trained doctors wrong about the cause of the disease, but they continue to pass along seriously flawed nutritional information as well, which allows the disease to increase to epidemic proportions.

Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: very good diabetes info...

*paging the good Dr Stu*

*goes and plays with the other Type 1 kids*

(Thanks Jamo - interesting)
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    (South) Yorkshire Referee's Society
    Grade
    Level 7
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

There is a paper in the BMJ about diabetes and it's labelling in a Pre-diabetes article on the BBC website

I hope it continues as it may give Mr Bisto an income stream in the years to come
    And a crack on the head is what you get for asking... - Morrissey & Marr 1985

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddjamo View Post
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...in-leptin.aspx

Conventional medicine has type 2 diabetes pegged as a problem with blood sugar rather than the underlying problem of improper insulin and leptin signaling. The reality is that diabetes is a disease rooted in insulin resistance4 and perhaps more importantly, a malfunction of leptin signaling, caused by chronically elevated insulin and leptin levels.

This is why the medical community's approach to its treatment is not getting anywhere. Treating type 2 diabetes with insulin is actually one of the worst things you can do...

Recent research has come to the same conclusions that Dr. Rosedale warned us about nearly a decade ago, which is that treating type 2 diabetes with insulin can lead further to the development of type 1 diabetes.

And, not only are conventionally-trained doctors wrong about the cause of the disease, but they continue to pass along seriously flawed nutritional information as well, which allows the disease to increase to epidemic proportions.
    You might find that there are two views as to how "good" anything (anti-vaccine) Doctor Joseph Mercola has to say...

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...that-quackery/

("Orac" is a consultant oncologist).

Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Hah!

Blake's Seven reference!

Does this make Jamo Servalan?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSmith View Post
    Hah!

Blake's Seven reference!
    From Respectful Insolence:

Orac is the nom de blog of a humble surgeon/scientist who has an ego just big enough to delude himself that someone, somewhere might actually give a rodent's posterior about his copious verbal meanderings, but just barely small enough to admit to himself that few probably will. That surgeon is otherwise known as David Gorski. That Orac has chosen his nom de blog based on a rather cranky and arrogant computer shaped like a clear box of blinking lights that he originally encountered when he became a fan of a 30 year old British SF television show whose special effects were renowned for their BBC/Doctor Who-style low budget look, but whose stories nonetheless resulted in some of the best, most innovative science fiction ever televised, should tell you nearly all that you need to know about Orac. (That, and the length of the preceding sentence.)...

Orac (using his nom-de-plume of David Gorski) wrote the blog post on SBM that crossref referenced.

Does this make Jamo Servalan?
    I think it makes Mercola a Servalan-wannabe
    Last edited by RobLev; 16-07-14 at 13:07.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    CUDRRS
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Interestingly, I am a type 2 diabetic and my latest treatment is a drug that deals with the signalling and resistance issues. Interestingly I have reduced my Hba1c by 20% and my weight by over 10% in 6 months.

Seems that there may be some truth in what is being said.

Ben

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry, just seen this.

Quote Originally Posted by peperami View Post
    Interestingly, I am a type 2 diabetic and my latest treatment is a drug that deals with the signalling and resistance issues. Interestingly I have reduced my Hba1c by 20% and my weight by over 10% in 6 months.

Seems that there may be some truth in what is being said.

Ben
    But Dr Mercola claims that:

Conventional medicine has type 2 diabetes pegged as a problem with blood sugar rather than the underlying problem of improper insulin and leptin signaling.
    ...which leads to the conclusion that either (a) you are not receiving conventional treatment, or (b)that Dr Mecola is misrepresenting what conventional medicine says. The time it takes for conventional medicine to bring a new treatment to market even after the need has been identified rules out (c) that Dr Mercola is a visionary with whom conventional medicine has just caught up.

Thread Information