Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 common nutritioinal mistakes....

Referees in Canada

Soc/Assoc
    Michigan, Ontario
    Grade
    B2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default 10 common nutritioinal mistakes....

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

What's with all the marcola stuff.. Are we being spammed?

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 10 common nutritioinal mistakes....

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    What's with all the marcola stuff.. Are we being spammed?
    I was starting to wonder why we were moving from rugby to quackery.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I've checked to see that these two posts come from ddjamo's usual IP number, and they do, so I don't think he's been hacked.
    "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Referees in Canada

Soc/Assoc
    Michigan, Ontario
    Grade
    B2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

my posting this was twofold. one - because it's very good info. robbie and I had discussed posting more info to help everyone with nutrition and health - so I am posting some very good and relevant info. two - because I made a bet with another member that the two of you above would be the first to post and would be very negative.

looks like I won! thanks men.

maybe neither of your mother's told you this - but if you don't have something nice to say - keep your mouth shut. there are others on here that would like to get back to the days where we discussed becoming better referees, ideas, and law...not a debate site where everything is an argument.

since I am a mod with full access (I think it's called a super mod or something) I would be happy to block this section of the site from you two so it's not so upsetting to you?

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddjamo View Post
    my posting this was twofold. one - because it's very good info. robbie and I had discussed posting more info to help everyone with nutrition and health - so I am posting some very good and relevant info. two - because I made a bet with another member that the two of you above would be the first to post and would be very negative.

maybe neither of your mother's told you this - but if you don't have something nice to say - keep your mouth shut. there are others on here that would like to get back to the days where we discussed becoming better referees, ideas, and law...not a debate site where everything is an argument.

since I am a mod with full access (I think it's called a super mod or something) I would be happy to block this section of the site from you two so it's not so upsetting to you?
    Mercola is an antivax pro-homeopathy quack who sometimes is mistakenly correct; it's up to Robert how he runs his site, and if he wants to block me that's his privilege, but if you deliberately trail information from a source like Mercola that is irrelevant to rugby refereeing so as to provoke argument, then it's hardly surprising if you get disagreement.

Advises in England

Soc/Assoc
    Glos & District
    Grade
    Adviser (grass roots)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

if you don't have something nice to say - keep your mouth shut.
    As an assessor I would find that too limiting.
    He trudg’d along unknowing what he sought,
    And whistled as he went, for want of thought.
    The Referee by John Dryden

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

hmm. You go out of your way to stress that you are mod - so are we to take it that this is an official endorsement of Mercola by RugbyRefs.com. Well then I'll certainly raise that, as an issue - I'll press the object button now.

Mercola is quite a well known quack. IMO this site certainly shouldn't be a platform for him.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

maybe neither of your mother's told you this - but if you don't have something nice to say - keep your mouth shut

One other thing - were you referring to to me or to Browner when you posted:

ahhhh....our beloved mr. j. rotten
    Or am I misunderstanding the meaning of this comment?

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

ddjamo

I was one of the posters, and I didn't say anything negative, so think that is a bit of an over-reaction.

Given the frequency with which we have spammers here (about once a month) and especially as much of that spam relates to nutrition, I was concerned that your account might have been hacked (it would not be the first time I have seen accounts hacked). I have had my account at JREF hacked, and had to email an admin to to change my password & email address because I couldn't get in to do it myself. In the mean time, the hacker/bot used by account to spam some pretty dubious stuff all over the site to the point where my account was temporarily banned.
    Last edited by Ian_Cook; 16-07-14 at 23:07.
    "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Thread Information