Thread: Jonathan Kaplan on Super Rugby referees.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Quebec Society of Rugby Referees
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Jonathan Kaplan on Super Rugby referees.

I haven't watched any Super Rugby this year, and I take commentators' and reporters' opinions with a grain of salt, so is JK on the ball with this?

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2...409232,00.html

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    FNCRRA
    Grade
    L1 Ref & L2 AR
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jonathan Kaplan on Super Rugby referees.

I wonder if he has personally asked CJ exactly what he saw in that last PK against RMc just in case there was something that we didn't or couldn't see from the video? I would have thought he would have before publicly criticising CJ's decision.

The Nadolo try was interesting. I thought he was in touch but if you look closely at the replay, there is a shadow which prevents the viewer from being certain his foot touched the line. That is the basis on which I believe the TMO awarded the try and why I had no problem with his call at the time.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
    It's the same when you are stupid.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Staffordshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If you own a website called "Rate The Ref" you can hardly go round saying all the ref's are 100%

I hate it when ref's (from any sport) retire and then instantly start criticising their former colleagues. Very easy to do now that they cant be rated themselves.

Follow my Award Winning blog The Rugby Ref

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    (South) Yorkshire Referee's Society
    Grade
    Level 7
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Stuart Cummings was Director of Match Officials for RL. He left in the Spring and now punditises/co commentates on Sky. He never says anything contraversial and is always guarded in his comments to avoid downright criticism of his former charges.

He will either loosen up and start getting fired into Silverwood and co (unlikely), keep with his no-nonsense, non contaversial approach (very likely) or get the push as correct though his comments generally are, they don't make for good telly (semi likely) unfortunatley.
    Along came Lou with old baboon and said I recognise that smell. That smells like seven layers. That beaver eats Taco Bell....- Claypool, LaLonde & Alexander 1995

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    London
    Grade
    Level 6+1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    If you own a website called "Rate The Ref" you can hardly go round saying all the ref's are 100%

I hate it when ref's (from any sport) retire and then instantly start criticising their former colleagues. Very easy to do now that they cant be rated themselves.
    But they can't do when they're reffing. I think handled correctly and constructively there's a role for the ex ref to input. If it's a slag off session agree very limited value.

Banned

Soc/Assoc
    n/a
    Grade
    < player
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Media loves ( & pays well ) the controversially opinioned journos. I'm sure JK's match decisions were always universally agreed with!

Thread Information