Soc/Assoc
    Glos & District
    Grade
    Adviser (grass roots)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Correct order of try and YC

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    No. If there is a serious injury in the first minute and it takes the ambulance 79 minutes to get it sorted, then time and game.
    I thought that was what he said. The referee can call time off, but in effect does not stop his watch. He has simply informed the teams that play will not restart until he has done whatever (YC, injury). Since time is nominally stopped, the 90 seconds for a conversion is not running until time nominally restarts. The "time off" denotes playing time lost.
    He trudg’d along unknowing what he sought,
    And whistled as he went, for want of thought.
    The Referee by John Dryden

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    Brisbane Rugby League Referees Association
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OB.. View Post
    I thought that was what he said. The referee can call time off, but in effect does not stop his watch. He has simply informed the teams that play will not restart until he has done whatever (YC, injury). Since time is nominally stopped, the 90 seconds for a conversion is not running until time nominally restarts. The "time off" denotes playing time lost.
    That's how I took it OB!

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Hampshire / Southern Federation
    Grade
    RFU Group Match Observer
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat View Post
    I refereed a senior game earlier this season where there was no injury time etc. As per your comment, we had an injury 5 minutes into the 2nd half, ambulance called and by the time injury was sorted, we had 6 minutes left to play. Easy day at the office that one.
    A result of your logistics in Australia of having sequential matches on one pitch.

In UK for 15 a side matches we usually have the same kick off time for multiple matches across multiple pitches at the rugby clubs so we can allow time off for injuries, admonishments, etc can be added on and so the full playing time of 80 minutes or U18 variants time can be completed fully.

Banned

Soc/Assoc
    n/a
    Grade
    < player
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Thomas View Post
    A result of your logistics in Australia of having sequential matches on one pitch.

In UK for 15 a side matches we usually have the same kick off time for multiple matches across multiple pitches at the rugby clubs so we can allow time off for injuries, admonishments, etc can be added on and so the full playing time of 80 minutes or U18 variants time can be completed fully.

Our English club sometimes runs consecutive juniors matches on same pitches ( due to lack of alternatives ) overruns are mostly just absorbed & I can't remember an injury causing a major overrun issue, ever.

Thread Information