Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 326

Thread: Dear America....

      
  1. #221
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Prefer not to say
    Grade
    Retired
    Join Date
    10 Dec 15
    Posts
    1,542
    Thanks (Received)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    327

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Simon & Phil, you are being unkind to a person suffering from a rare manifestation of Tourette's Syndrom expressed as an uncontrollable urge to submit incoherent posts to Rugby Refs.
    Replace "Rugby Refs" with "Twitter" and you could be talking about another American!

  2. #222

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,735
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    76
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by DocY View Post
    Replace "Rugby Refs" with "Twitter" and you could be talking about another American!
    DocY, thank you for backing me, but your opinion please.

    As a medical professional, do you believe that mental illness should be subject of a joke?

    I too thought it was funny, but your twitter reference reminded of a presidential candidate mocking a disabled reporter. ChrisR, I retract my compliment of your humour.

  3. #223
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Prefer not to say
    Grade
    Retired
    Join Date
    10 Dec 15
    Posts
    1,542
    Thanks (Received)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    327

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    As a medical professional, do you believe that mental illness should be subject of a joke?

    I too thought it was funny, but your twitter reference reminded of a presidential candidate mocking a disabled reporter. ChrisR, I retract my compliment of your humour.
    I don't think my opinion of what should be considered a joke should carry more weight than anyone else's.

    I really don't think ChrisR's comment is comparable to Trump mocking a disabled reporter, though.

  4. #224

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,735
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    76
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by DocY View Post
    I don't think my opinion of what should be considered a joke should carry more weight than anyone else's.
    Huh, I guess I thought you would have equal sympathy for the tourette's patients as a patient suffering from paralysis, and neither should be used in a joke. Your addition of the "twitter" comment suggests you use tourette's in your repertoire.

    Quote Originally Posted by DocY View Post

    I really don't think ChrisR's comment is comparable to Trump mocking a disabled reporter, though.
    It is the same tactic, the degree of its rudeness doesn't make them comparable. Do you differentiate one event as worse than the other?

  5. #225
    Player or Coach ChrisR's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    14 Jul 10
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks (Received)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    254

    Default Re: Dear America....

    NKW, does it make any difference that as an early teen I'd repeatedly scrunch up my eyes. I knew the cause was stress, just didn't know it as Tourette's. By late teens it went away.

    You need to get off your high horse.

  6. #226

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,735
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    76
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    NKW, does it make any difference that as an early teen I'd repeatedly scrunch up my eyes. I knew the cause was stress, just didn't know it as Tourette's. By late teens it went away.

    You need to get off your high horse.
    My vocal was throat clearing, gone by 18

  7. #227

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,735
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    76
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    What the f**k have you done!
    Looks like we are sharing with the Russians. According to the Washington Post.

  8. #228
    Player or Coach ChrisR's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    14 Jul 10
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks (Received)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    254

    Default Re: Dear America....

    As one lion said to the other: "**** me, more fake gnus"

  9. #229

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,735
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    76
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    As one lion said to the other: "**** me, more fake gnus"
    Wrong thread, try http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread....ish-Lions-Tour

  10. #230

    Promises to Referee in France
    L'irlandais's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Join Date
    11 May 10
    Posts
    3,546
    Thanks (Received)
    25
    Likes (Received)
    135

    Arrow Re: Dear America....

    Oh, dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic
    "That was my idea!" ; "You wouldn't let it lie, would you?!"
    "We demand strict proof for opinions we dislike, but are satisfied with mere hints for what we’re inclined to accept."
    John Henry Newman

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •