Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 326

Thread: Dear America....

      
  1. #281

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    The problem with this is that there is a megalomaniac fat buffoon with a bad haircut who has his finger on the nuclear button.

    Meanwhile, in North Korea, they've got Kim Jong Un..
    And I thought you were gonna say he was a paranoid.

    Rest assured Ian, it isn't a button. To activate the nuclear sequence there are several check and balances. This sequence actually requires sinking a six foot putt from within the oval office.

    You are safe. LBH, New Zealand isn't exactly target rich.
    Last edited by Not Kurt Weaver; 04-10-17 at 12:10.

  2. #282

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,685
    Thanks (Received)
    88
    Likes (Received)
    1067

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    The problem with this is that there is a megalomaniac fat buffoon with a bad haircut who has his finger on the nuclear button.

    Meanwhile, in North Korea, they've got Kim Jong Un..
    As Charlton might have said "Nukes don’t kill people; people kill people"
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  3. #283

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    As Charlton might have said "Nukes don’t kill people; people kill people"
    I believe it was Moses who said that

  4. #284

    Probationer Member
    MaryAnn's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    --
    Join Date
    08 Oct 17
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Dear America....

    The only country which might nuke is Korea, because their are unpredictable. The rest of world is using this technology for good reasons and they are too reasonable to use it like a weapon.

    _______________________
    http://blendberg.com/pl/aktualnosci

  5. #285

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,685
    Thanks (Received)
    88
    Likes (Received)
    1067

    Default Re: Dear America....

    re. North Korea.

    I read this article in one of our more reputable weekend newspapers. Now, I'm by no means an expert (casual observer is the best description) but the "dual freeze" proposed by NK in 2015 sounds like an eminently sensible idea and the only downside to the free world is a limit on joint military exercises between US & SK. Am I missing something or has the US been unreasonable?

    USA.jpg

    and:

    https://thediplomat.com/2017/07/what...eeze-proposal/

    Even SK thinks it's a good idea:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/w...sle-tests.html
    Last edited by Dickie E; 16-10-17 at 00:10.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  6. #286

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    Am I missing something or has the US been unreasonable?

    From article,

    But to American officials, a freeze is a trap that previous administrations have stepped into. The Clinton administration tried a freeze in 1994 that the North Koreans first cheated on and then openly discarded early in the administration of President George W. Bush. At the end of Mr. Bush’s term, a second such freeze and partial dismantlement of a nuclear reactor was negotiated, only to be abandoned by the North Koreans as soon as President Barack Obama entered office.

    from NKW

    Fool me once, fool me twice, but fool me thrice?

  7. #287

    Referees in New Zealand
    Ian_Cook's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    12 Jul 05
    Posts
    12,947
    Thanks (Received)
    99
    Likes (Received)
    1332

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    From article,

    But to American officials, a freeze is a trap that previous administrations have stepped into. The Clinton administration tried a freeze in 1994 that the North Koreans first cheated on and then openly discarded early in the administration of President George W. Bush. At the end of Mr. Bush’s term, a second such freeze and partial dismantlement of a nuclear reactor was negotiated, only to be abandoned by the North Koreans as soon as President Barack Obama entered office.

    from NKW

    Fool me once, fool me twice, but fool me thrice?
    “There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
    -Dubya
    Last edited by Ian_Cook; 16-10-17 at 19:10.
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

  8. #288

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,685
    Thanks (Received)
    88
    Likes (Received)
    1067

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post

    Fool me once, fool me twice, but fool me thrice?
    there is that but if NK offered the olive branch in 2015 and PRC has been trying to broker a deal, history may not remember you guys kindly if it all goes pear-shaped.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  9. #289
    Player or Coach ChrisR's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    14 Jul 10
    Posts
    3,133
    Thanks (Received)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    298

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    “There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
    -Dubya
    Never thought I'd be missing Dubya. There is nothing amusing about Trump.

  10. #290

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dear America....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    there is that but if NK offered the olive branch in 2015 and PRC has been trying to broker a deal, history may not remember you guys kindly if it all goes pear-shaped.
    History doesn't matter when one is dead.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •