Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Head injury or not

      
  1. #31
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    28 Feb 17
    Posts
    865
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    86

    Default Re: Head injury or not

    With the player saying he was ok to play the only way to yank him off would have been for the bench to intervene and take it out of his hands with an HIA call. This is what they look to have done to be sure they got the outcome and certainty they required ........ Allegedly!

  2. #32
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    RugbyWA
    Join Date
    14 Nov 16
    Posts
    36
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default Re: Head injury or not

    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    And here's the problem right there.

    In my opinion, doctors at international level should never be French or Welsh (or whichever country is playing that day) - they should be neutral. In fact after "Bloodgate" I thought all doctors were neutral, with no vested interests.
    Each team would still have to have it's own doctor and in my limited experience with doctors is that if one doctor says something the other would rarely disagree in public.

    Scenario:
    French Doctor: This player needs a HIA
    Ref: Neutral Doctor, does this player need a HIA
    Neutral doctor: ( Thinking;Doesnt look like it to me but I'm not familiar with this player) Yes he does

  3. #33
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    28 Feb 17
    Posts
    865
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    86

    Default Re: Head injury or not

    Quote Originally Posted by UpandUnder View Post
    Each team would still have to have it's own doctor and in my limited experience with doctors is that if one doctor says something the other would rarely disagree in public.

    Scenario:
    French Doctor: This player needs a HIA
    Ref: Neutral Doctor, does this player need a HIA
    Neutral doctor: ( Thinking;Doesnt look like it to me but I'm not familiar with this player) Yes he does
    Tmo.: that is all the angles I have
    Ref So, I am am thinking it wasn't a fair challenge, he has landed dangerously, and I am thinking it's a straight red ?
    TMO.: .................Yes I agree.

    Sound familiar?

  4. #34
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    RugbyWA
    Join Date
    14 Nov 16
    Posts
    36
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default Re: Head injury or not

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckieB View Post
    Tmo.: that is all the angles I have
    Ref So, I am am thinking it wasn't a fair challenge, he has landed dangerously, and I am thinking it's a straight red ?
    TMO.: .................Yes I agree.

    Sound familiar?
    Always let someone else be wrong

  5. #35
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Prefer not to say
    Grade
    Tenth
    Join Date
    10 Dec 15
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks (Received)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    287

    Default Re: Head injury or not

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckieB View Post
    Tmo.: that is all the angles I have
    Ref So, I am am thinking it wasn't a fair challenge, he has landed dangerously, and I am thinking it's a straight red ?
    TMO.: .................Yes I agree.

    Sound familiar?
    Equally familiar is:

    Tmo.: that is all the angles I have
    Ref So, I am am thinking it wasn't a fair challenge, he has landed dangerously, and I am thinking it's a straight red ?
    TMO.: Do you want to have one more look?
    Ref: It's still a red card for me.
    TMO: I'll show you a couple more angles...

  6. #36
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    28 Feb 17
    Posts
    865
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    86

    Default Re: Head injury or not

    Quote Originally Posted by DocY View Post
    Equally familiar is:

    Tmo.: that is all the angles I have
    Ref So, I am am thinking it wasn't a fair challenge, he has landed dangerously, and I am thinking it's a straight red ?
    TMO.: Do you want to have one more look?
    Ref: It's still a red card for me.
    TMO: I'll show you a couple more angles...
    Yes, the "coded exchange"!

    .......But then he has already shown all the angles!

  7. #37

    Referees/Trains Referees in England
    Phil E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Staffordshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    8
    Join Date
    22 Jan 08
    Posts
    14,081
    Thanks (Received)
    80
    Likes (Received)
    778
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Head injury or not

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckieB View Post
    With the player saying he was ok to play the only way to yank him off would have been for the bench to intervene and take it out of his hands
    I'm surprised Dickie hasn't responded to this!!!!!!

    Follow my blog The Rugby Ref


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •