Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 242

Thread: Sneaky QTI

      
  1. #11

    Resident Club Coach
    didds's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    8,460
    Thanks (Received)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    680

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    opretty much also what I thought LLP

    didds

  2. #12
    Player or Coach

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    07 Mar 17
    Posts
    339
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    64

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    In theory A QTI can be taken at any time before the lineout is formed, but each referee will unilaterally decide when there is a time expiry on quickness

    Well done NZM & learn from it BIL.

    It's merely a lack of concentration of the defenders similar to this famous moment. https://youtu.be/M9qZ13zPuEs?t=762

  3. #13

    Referees in New Zealand
    Ian_Cook's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    12 Jul 05
    Posts
    12,746
    Thanks (Received)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    1223

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by VM75 View Post
    In theory A QTI can be taken at any time before the lineout is formed, but each referee will unilaterally decide when there is a time expiry on quickness
    ... and to hell with Law 19.2 (c) and 19.8 (a)?

    The QTI would be off because YOU say so, even if there were no thrower teammates at the LoT?
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

  4. #14

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,293
    Thanks (Received)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    932

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    ... and to hell with Law 19.2 (c) and 19.8 (a)?

    The QTI would be off because YOU say so, even if there were no thrower teammates at the LoT?
    If the thrower's team declines to put players onto LoT indefinitely I guess at some stage the ref has to do something
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  5. #15

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,293
    Thanks (Received)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    932

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    ... and to hell with Law 19.2 (c) and 19.8 (a)?

    The QTI would be off because YOU say so, even if there were no thrower teammates at the LoT?
    If the thrower's team declines to put players onto LoT indefinitely I guess at some stage the ref has to do something
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  6. #16

    Referees in New Zealand
    Ian_Cook's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    12 Jul 05
    Posts
    12,746
    Thanks (Received)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    1223

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    If the thrower's team declines to put players onto LoT indefinitely I guess at some stage the ref has to do something
    There are Laws to cover that scenario

    19.8 (d) When the ball is in touch, every player who approaches the line of touch is presumed to do so to form a lineout. Players who approach the line of touch must do so without delay. Players of either team must not leave the lineout once they have taken up a position in the lineout until the lineout has ended.
    Sanction: Free Kick on the 15-metre line

    19.8 (g) Failure to form a lineout. A team must not voluntarily fail to form a lineout.
    Sanction: Free Kick on the 15-metre line
    Last edited by Ian_Cook; 20-06-17 at 04:06.
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

  7. #17
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    28 Feb 17
    Posts
    876
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    89

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    There are Laws to cover that scenario

    19.8 (d) When the ball is in touch, every player who approaches the line of touch is presumed to do so to form a lineout. Players who approach the line of touch must do so without delay. Players of either team must not leave the lineout once they have taken up a position in the lineout until the lineout has ended.
    Sanction: Free Kick on the 15-metre line

    19.8 (g) Failure to form a lineout. A team must not voluntarily fail to form a lineout.
    Sanction: Free Kick on the 15-metre line
    So, out interest, when did this "without delay" non-observance on the part of the throwing team creep into the game?

  8. #18
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 3
    Join Date
    03 Sep 14
    Posts
    3,326
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    506

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post

    And what about this amusing lineout move (which didn't actually work)
    https://youtu.be/zqNGshZBhJg?t=3190

    Bog Standard distraction lineout that just did not work. See it on the parks often.

  9. #19
    Player or Coach

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    07 Mar 17
    Posts
    339
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    64

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    If the thrower's team declines to put players onto LoT indefinitely I guess at some stage the ref has to do something
    Thanks DickieE You beat me to it, by definition a QTI requires it to be reasonably 'Q' , which although isn't covered in LoTG, it is defined as this in common usage

    quick
    adjective

    • 1. moving fast or doing something in a short time.


    I'm certainly not allowing the Throwers team to walk very very very super slowly, under the guise/protection that they aren't failing 19.8(g) , IMHO the QTI was supposed to speed up the game, not slow it down !

    If others take a contrary view then that's their prerogative - when they've got the whistle.

  10. #20

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    13,189
    Thanks (Received)
    80
    Likes (Received)
    1089

    Default Re: Sneaky QTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Bog Standard distraction lineout that just did not work. See it on the parks often.
    Indeed, but rarely by international teams.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •