Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sneaky QTI

Quote Originally Posted by DocY View Post
    I think we need a dog with a bone gif, too!
    Hi DocY
    various people on RR forum restate their view, it's standard practice from what i read

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Leics
    Grade
    NP Performance Reviewer
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sneaky QTI

Quote Originally Posted by Balones View Post
    Hi Pinky,
    The matter being discussed was a delay at forming a lineout. The sanction for this is a free kick and no option to have a lineout. (19.8d) The non-offending side can opt for a scrum instead of the free kick.
    21.4b relates to offences after the lineout has formed.
    At least that is what I have always believed/been told. I will clarify the matter further and get back to you.
    Sorry for the delay. My contacts have only just got back to me. It's been a busy summer with the New laws etc, and preparing training materials, and so on.

It would seem that things have changed since I was last informed about the above situation. I have had the following response from on high.

I have reviewed the question with some of my learned colleagues from the top end of the game.

The thoughts are that because the ball is in touch (and therefore play should restart with either a quick throw, providing the conditions are met or a lineout) that for consistency any free kick offence under Law 19.7 or 19.8 then has to be afforded the options given under Law 21.4 (b): Lineout alternative. A team awarded a penalty or a free kick at a lineout may choose a further lineout into which they throw in. This is in addition to the scrum option.

Thread Information